Introducing the GRone Full Tower Case from InWin:
InWin has been in the computer industry for decades. They’re sturdy, well built (Beige) cases showed us the way. Over the years, I have used many InWin cases for many builds. When case manufacturers started to cut corners, InWin was still known for using thick steel, sturdy plastic and safe, rolled edges. Their reputation for quality has kept them in the limelight for all those years.
Lately, they’ve been taking some chances on some wild case designs. Designs like the H-Frame, S-Frame, The Tòu and the 904/901. I personally have an InWin D-frame, that I consider the most innovative and unique case of 2013 (maybe of all time). While InWin uses these wild cases to attract some attention, don’t think they’ve abandoned the rest of the enthusiast community. I recently did a review of the InWin GT1 Mid Tower Case. I found it to be well worth our hard earned bucks. Not to mention offering features of a case twice it’s price.
The case that I’m going to take a look at today, isn’t out in the fray. It’s a little bit more traditional, with innovations towards the cooling. The InWin GRone (GR one, not grone) is a larger full tower case that has a considerable amount of space for liquid cooling hardware (or, just alot of fans).
Case Specifications from the InWin Website
- 0.8mm SECC Steel
External Drive Bay
- 5.25″ x 3
Internal Drive Bay
- 3.5″ x 8 or 2.5″ x 8
M/B Form Factor
- ATX 12V
- PSII Size
- 3.5”/2.5” SATA HDD EZ-Swap x 1
- USB 3.0 x 2 (Internal Connector)
- USB 2.0 x 2
- HD/AC’97 Audio
- Fan Speed Controller
I/O Expansion Slot
- AGP Slot x 8 (Supports up to 365mm)
Thermal Solution (Cooling Fan)
Supports up to Total 120mm or 140mm Fan x 10
- Front: Supports up to 120 or 140mm Red LED Fan x 2
- Rear: Supports up to 120 or 140mm Fan x 1
- Side: Supports up to 120 or 140mm Fan x 1
- Top: Supports up to 120 or 140mm Fan x 3
- Bottom: Supports up to 120 or 140mm Fan x 2
- HDD Cage: Supports 120 or 140mm Red LED HDD Fan x 1
Thermal Solution (Water-Cooling)
- Top: Supports Water-Cooling Radiator up to 360mm
- Bottom: Supports Water-Cooling Radiator up to 240mm
- (Bottom HDD Cage Must be Removed)
- Rear: Water-Cooling Hole Ready
Fan Technical Data – GRone Black or Metallic Grey
- 14cm Red LED Fan (140*140*25mm)/ 1200RPM ± 10%/ 23 ~27.8dBA
- 14cm Black Fan (140*140*25mm)/ 1200RPM ± 10%/ 23 ~27.8dBA
Fan Technical Data – GRone White
- 14cm White LED Fan (140*140*25mm)/ 1200RPM ± 10%/ 23 ~27.8dBA
- 14cm White Fan (140*140*25mm)/ 1200RPM ± 10%/ 23 ~27.8dBA
- 562mm x 245mm x 593mm (22.1” x 9.6” x 23.4”)
* Our products comply with RoHS regulations
* Specifications may vary based on different regions
Un-Boxing the GRone from InWin:
I was very impressed by the quality of protection and the care that went into the outer packaging.
Opening the outer packaging reveals a well protected case, inside a plastic bag.
This isn’t that hard styrofoam that breaks into pieces. It’s nice rugged, rubberized protective foam.
The side panel window, contol panel and red inserts are further protected by plastic.
Even the included case hardware and manual are bagged in a nice, heavy vinyl zip top bag.
Included is a CPU Power Extension, 2x Molex Fan Adapters, Screws, Wire Ties, and an actual Manual.