Jump to content

Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 12/20/20 in Posts

  1. 1 point
    Cheapskate

    Puddidium235

    I bet that was 'spensive too. I can run that kind of stuff in the Taig. It's really solid. The spindle is even set up to allow 3/8" shanks to pass through the top of the assembly. You could potentially drop a bit into the collet to cut a really deep pocket. You'd need to loosen the bit and re-zero until finished. That doesn't sound very fun, though.
  2. 1 point
    Cheapskate

    Puddidium235

    Christmas fellow munkeys! -I said I'd remake it, and I did. There was a slight problem again, however... - The sheet I used to make this part was REALLY warped. Even after gluing it down with all my lead shot on top of it, one corner lifted off the waste board. The result is that the O-ring channel around the tube area is too deep. I think I can fix it by adding some clear paint to the low area. -I remade the center baffle too. The first one's color was fantastic, but it obscured the view. This is 'Florescent blue.' -Hey! Someone made the tap tool a perfect fit for a wrench! I totally planned that out, and didn't have a crescent wrench ready. The tool worked perfectly, and the tapping was right on. -I also had some horrible discrepancies in each part. The low spot in the middle is unsanded, and you can see the first part had a nice clean cut, while the other two look awful. I changed the speed for these and sped up the spindle to give my ears a break. There's also a nasty tilt in the cut from me not leveling the machine yet. I resorted to 80 grit to get all this even. That's not something that should happen with cnc. I probably need to get this thing dialed in a little better. -This is my mill set as high as it can go. There's like, 1/8" of space in there. I need these flat and level to mate the radiator connectors. -And I still have a collision. the light box got repositioned to the front. -Next, I had to cut that tunnel... Let's just say the first time was cleaner. This one got a little potato-shaped. I marked up the centers for milling the ports... I'm not sure why I did the ones on the end of the part. I still have to mill that one flat tonight. -When I get that fixed up, next up is THIS bad boy. :D 1&1/4" plexi. I'm just waiting for a warm day to tile saw off what I need. You don't want to get sprayed with ice cold water in winter. -Thicker than the manifold. This is going to be obnoxious. On that note, I'm finishing up with Christmas stuff: -Holiday gag gift finished! -Except for cleanup. The varnish was OK with 50-degree weather, but the tape wasn't. -Take that! Pesky phone solicitors! So far, this is the only successful gift delivery. Everything else is stuck in a post office somewhere. We have a 14 pound turkey for three, and family will be coming by to collect pots of food from the doorstep. :eyebrow: What a weird year. I hope everyone is doing well, and have a merry Christmas.
  3. 1 point
    Skully

    Core x71

    Another tidy up 🙂 Thanks for looking 👍
×
×
  • Create New...