The Mod Zoo is upgrading the Munky Cages on November 1st. Please be patient while we hose down the enclosures.

If you are not receiving emails from the forum please let us know on munky@themodzoo.com

Welcome to The Mod Zoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Case Labs SMA8 Full Tower Review

Jeese aka Captain CurrySauce takes a look at the enthusiast grade Case Labs SMA8. Does it live up the Case Labs quality? Lets find out.

Posted Image

A lot of times I see and read people compare cases from other manufacturers to cases from Case Labs. That is like comparing a pimped out Civic to a Ferrari optimized for dominating on the track. So let’s not compare an all-aluminum case to a product made with a mish mash of different materials. The Magnum SMA8 brings a perfect balance of form and functionality to the enthusiast grade case market. It has all the right support and comes with all the right options to allow you to create a build, the way you like.

The Case Labs experience begins from the moment you start building your case on their website. The SMA 8 allows the user to pick from a handful of options. From front panel configuration, to how much radiator support you want, the SMA8 allows for a lot of options.

At 25.75” or 654mm tall, the case is pretty close to the 900D, or the Phanteks Enthoo Primo. The SMA 8 offers support for installing a 560MM rad in the bottom whereas the other two cases do not. With no magnetic latches or plastic tabs that break after a few days, the SMA8 stands tall as a testament to what true build quality is all about.

With a starting price tag of $519.95, some might find it a bit pricey. The minute you open the box, however, and see the case you realize that it’s worth every penny. The Magnum SMA 8 only ships flat packed to save you some on the shipping cost, so make sure that you have a screw driver handy. It took me around an hour to put the case together myself. Anyways, we got a lot to cover on this case, so let’s not waste time on talking about Case Labs, let’s just get to the business.

More information on the Magnum SMA 8 and available options can be found here: http://www.caselabs-...om/magnum-sma8/

Dimensions:
Height - 25.75" X Width - 11.25" X Depth - 26.56"
Height - 654mm X Width - 286mm X Depth - 675mm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click on image to enlarge

9 Comments

A monster of a case, a great review and one HELL of a build to show that sucker off! Great job, dude!

Wow! What a stunning build.

Great review. That case is huge!!!!!!

Great review Jesse. Very nice product from Case Labs. One of these days I'll get one of their cases just to see what it's all about. And at 27lbs out of the box I'd hate to move that thing once it's assembled.

Photo
Captain CurrySauce
May 01 2014 08:27 PM

A monster of a case, a great review and one HELL of a build to show that sucker off! Great job, dude!

It sure is a huge case. Might put in a mini bar in there. 

Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. 

Wow! What a stunning build.

Great review. That case is huge!!!!!!

Thank you sir, glad you like it. 

This build took me a long time to get done. 

Great review Jesse. Very nice product from Case Labs. One of these days I'll get one of their cases just to see what it's all about. And at 27lbs out of the box I'd hate to move that thing once it's assembled.

Thanks mate, actually I think the case has hidden handles. Once you remove the top panel, and unscrew the plates on the corners, you now have an easy to carry handle lol. But yes that build is heavy that I did hurt my back already. 

Photo
ABYSSCINIAN
Jun 30 2014 04:24 PM

Great solid review Jesse. The Whopper of Cases" " would you like to UP size that"" If i wanted fries i would have asked"...Case Labs cases are indeed for the Elite Enthusiast builder, modder that enjoys simple clean aesthetics to house there creation. It`s the blank canvas on the easel sitting there waiting to be explored. I love the understated appearance ( less is more ) but the option is there if you require. Nice bit of Kit inside by the way to show some of the possibilties and shear size/space.

Enjoyed the review on the case.. I noticed you used a Black Ice Nemesis GTX radiator. Since that rad is a new model, will you be reviewing it as well? I've been looking for reviews on that rad (that includes temps and comparison to other rads), but have yet to find one..

Photo
EIdesignstudio
Jul 13 2014 10:55 PM

wow that a big mofo . great read and build.  so if i ever get kick out I have a place to sleep..

Photo
Captain CurrySauce
Jul 14 2014 03:41 PM

wow that a big mofo . great read and build.  so if i ever get kick out I have a place to sleep..

Yes, its really comfy. You might wanna get the non ventilated bottom for winter time. It gets cold in there lol. 

Thanks for the kind words.

Enjoyed the review on the case.. I noticed you used a Black Ice Nemesis GTX radiator. Since that rad is a new model, will you be reviewing it as well? I've been looking for reviews on that rad (that includes temps and comparison to other rads), but have yet to find one..

Thanks mate, I'm working on building something to properly test/load a 480 radiator, hopefully I should have some numbers out soon. 

Great Review.

However,

If you're going to do a build in a giant cat condiminuim,

you need to show pics of the cat inside it! Cat approved?