Im probaly not the only car buff in the zoo and seeing all these brillliant car themed mods around im wondering why there isnt even more.....

Paul Tans Aventador J and Titanium S . That hefty blue Nissan GT-R of Ronnie Hara and the likes....maybe we all could find some spark of inspiration lending an eye to whats goin" on the Hot Rod scene?

Found this article @ http://jalopnik.com/american-craftsmanship-with-muscle-cars-and-lots-of-car-1459503717 casting focus on what the Ring Brothers have done with this beautiful De Tomaso Pantera and several other truly amazing mods.

"buuhuu   :( , can i please have back my 70 1/2 Z28"

yeah, Love that GRINCH Camaro.

Check out Rad Rides by Troy. doing these types of stylized resto builds before the Ringbrothers

http://radrides.com/index.php?option=com_macgallery&view=album&Itemid=466

I was teethed on Hot Rods as a child.

1965 GTO I restored with my father when I was 20.

1294_1076533830712_5448_n.jpg

My 1968 Impala Vert, when I was 16.

1294_1076533790711_5258_n.jpg

My first car was 1974 Olds Omega, I bought it when I was 15, and could only drive my mother around with my learner;s permit

181216_3947758329530_1845116748_n.jpg

My 66 Stang with 289

1294_1076533870713_5574_n.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot Rod roots all lead back to Big Daddy Ed Roth, he was the first Hot Rod builder to use Fiberglass

http://www.ratfink.com/

Ed Roth Documentary on Hulu, http://www.hulu.com/watch/168243

Ed's Mysterion from 1963

2576409661_aec65ab588_b.jpg

__ll yeah! Brought up on "amcars" in the 70s in my hometown in the north of Norway. Swedes were pretty early adopting to american hot rodding and we were fast picking up the pace. Friendly newsstand owner delivered fresh feeds of Hot Rod Magazine and the likes. Turned into regular subscriptions shortly after so we all got strong influences from guys like Big Daddy, later Boyd and Mr. Trepanier.

Pretty soon the "American Car Club of Norway" was founded and released the magazine Amcar - still thriving to this day. 

Love your cars dude - Menacing tri-power sweetness in the goat  :D Hell, even the Omega could look soo sweet with some

4-4-2 / Hurst detailing.

Ah, let's not get started on old rides. I'm still pissed the kids that got my old van let it rot. I gave them ideas that ranged from hearse conversion to a v12+ in the back.

Still have a 63 Falcon -in storage. The brakes were always awful, and 8 miles to the gallon just...

Totally miss my 70 LTD. 2nd gear wound out to 90mph. That thing was scary.

My very first car was a 70 1/2 Z28. Handed down for a "favourable price" by my godfather. Had it for two years and sold it with a pretty decent profit when i went in for military duty. Sadly that was also my lone endeavor with amcars. Got hooked on Alfa`s but lately Captain Sensible took over and steered me over to Volkswagens...   Im not all done tho - just waiting for the right circumstances to dive right in there again.

Well since we are talking old vehicles, here is my Dad's 1978 Chevy Dually 454 big block.

He ordered it new in 78 and I didn't even know anyone could afford $6800.00 for a brand new vehicle....heck I didn't even know something could cost that much!!

As you can see it has be religiously washed and waxed then backed in the heated garage and covered up,AH yea waxed on a schedule,including the engine. Well we done the usual early 80's mods like tube grill ,drop bumper,chrome rims etc.

Fast forward to 2013 yep still look show room new with 24,183 miles RIGHT NOW! Oh and the boat 1974 Signa 140 hrs. Trailer painted to match in 1982 with Imron and new matching road cover (like it ever seen the road).

These pics were taken in 2010 I think. Enjoy

78chevy002.jpg

78chevy006.jpg

78chevy007.jpg

78chevy008.jpg

Sweet rig :-) That boat a trimaran? Would love some pictures if you get the chance.

Sadly the few pictures i had of the Camaro (scanned) got lost when my Seagate Constellation died last year... Ill try to restle some up from the interwebs - apparently the cars still lives on - now in Sweden.

Sweet rig :-) That boat a trimaran? Would love some pictures if you get the chance.

Sadly the few pictures i had of the Camaro (scanned) got lost when my Seagate Constellation died last year... Ill try to restle some up from the interwebs - apparently the cars still lives on - now in Sweden.

Actually I recovered these pics from a formatted hard drive...OOPS wrong drive! Amazing how much stuff was recovered.

Yep it's a tri-hull not the best ride in choppy waters,but it's stable when sitting.

78chevy001.jpg

78chevy004.jpg

daayumn, that Truck is Gorgeous...

Thanks Bill it was his baby.

Not really a Hot Rod, but "Tuned" for fun... My 86 Jetta GLI, owned for 22 years now, and stored every winter

2.0 block from A3 Golf GTI w/ original 1.8 head ported and polished. Shrick 268 cam w/ adj cam sprocket, Timing advanced 8 degrees,
Modified 16V ECU w/ custom programmed p-chip, balanced and blue printed fuel injection with BOSCH factory modified euro-spec intake,
Modified airbox w/ custom intake duct, Custom made TRI-Y header, Techtonics hi-perf cat and mid-pipe (2.25") w/ stainless steel Scorpion muffler. Custom built tranny w/ 394 ring pinion and VW Motorsport adjustable limited slip, Sachs sport clutch w/16V pressure plate, lightened flywheel. BBS 15" x 8" rims  I did very well in Solo II EP & SM classes. H&R race springs with Bilstein HD shocks Front & rear Upper and lower sway bars. polyurethane suspension bushings, mintex brade pads with Brembo slotted rotors. Custom made race seats, custom roll bar has triangulated supports all the way to rear bumper. Interior rear gutted out, momo steering wheel, sci performance short shift kit, Hella blacked out headlight lenses and hella euro-spec tailights. Air fuel mixture gauge on dash. Stereo removed..couldn't hear it...

mk2_jetta_gli_mnpctech.jpg

Well since we are talking old vehicles, here is my Dad's 1978 Chevy Dually 454 big block.

He ordered it new in 78 and I didn't even know anyone could afford $6800.00 for a brand new vehicle....heck I didn't even know something could cost that much!!

As you can see it has be religiously washed and waxed then backed in the heated garage and covered up,AH yea waxed on a schedule,including the engine. Well we done the usual early 80's mods like tube grill ,drop bumper,chrome rims etc.

Fast forward to 2013 yep still look show room new with 24,183 miles RIGHT NOW! Oh and the boat 1974 Signa 140 hrs. Trailer painted to match in 1982 with Imron and new matching road cover (like it ever seen the road).

These pics were taken in 2010 I think. Enjoy

78chevy002.jpg

78chevy006.jpg

78chevy007.jpg

78chevy008.jpg

Love those old squarebody GM trucks!  

Here's mine:

9020front20quarter.jpg

Sweet truck. Keep it away from Texas. That style would be spirited over the border really fast.

How do you only put 24,000 on a 70's era vehicle? When I parted with my van it had 300thousand plus on it.

Just used it to pull the boat every so often. Probably more miles then it shows-pull out of garage to wash it then back it back in!!

never dynoed, but I ran 13.75 on 1/4 mile drag at Rock Falls Dragway... Not bad for normally aspirated 2.0

I used to do Solo II events with the Jetta

1986_jetta_GLI_6.jpg

That is pretty good!

Love those old squarebody GM trucks!  

Here's mine:

9020front20quarter.jpg

Love them 6 wheel drives a man's man truck! Nice looking.