DarthFos

The ASUS ROG MARS 760... a Dual GPU Card

For those of you that have been wanting a dual GPU video card like the 690 but in the 7xx series, ASUS has the answer for you.  The ASUS ROG MARS 760 has been launched and it looks like it will be quite the performer.  Go check out the details here: 

http://rog.asus.com/276632013/graphics-cards-2/faster-than-titan-rog-launches-the-mars-760/

As a note from the article, unlike previous MARS super-mega-expensive-limited-run editions, and I quote: "The MARS 760 is – for the first time – a MARS affordable to many. No longer a limited run 1,000 part device, it provides a real alternative to those interested in buying GK110-territory products."

Information is really fresh at the moment and I haven't seen pricing or availability yet but it certainly is an interesting development in the video card space.

Enjoy!

Another site with some more information including a price:

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-asus-mars-760-pairing-performance?utm_source=nearbyfeed&utm_medium=seo&utm_campaign=SGI

Read the update at the bottom and judge for yourself. Considering the cost and similar performance in early benchmarks, I personally would probably get a 780ti instead.

I was anxious for a double GPU card, now I am running into the issue of no clear acrylic/nickel plated water blocks for these new cards. Looks like I'm gonna be settling with a 780GTX to use the EK clear/nickel block

i really like this card! esp since you can quad sli on a micro atx board. it is a bit pricey tho! im lookin at getting a 770 simply because it outperforms the 680 at a fair margin and is relatively cheap right now 340 bucks or so for the 2gb model

Asus sure knows how to make a great looking card. 

Devin - got two GTX 770's it's amazing that a year ago a GTX 680 was pushing $600.00 and now you can get 770's for under $350.00   I know they aren't the king of the road, But my largest monitor is 27" and this will push more than I need for some time.  If I had the Money though ?   These GPU wars are a win for us!

If I see a cool waterblock emerge before next wensday I might buy one of these..the point of my build is to exsensuate the gpu water block..thats why im skipping out on a 780 ti..I need an ekwb full card block that is clear acrylic and nickel plated

Asus sure knows how to make a great looking card. 

Devin - got two GTX 770's it's amazing that a year ago a GTX 680 was pushing $600.00 and now you can get 770's for under $350.00   I know they aren't the king of the road, But my largest monitor is 27" and this will push more than I need for some time.  If I had the Money though ?   These GPU wars are a win for us!

yeah ill have one come christmas time... just got done spening about 700 buck on my current build so my 7870 will have to hold me over! which it is doing fine.