Michael Kaiser

Rog Poseidon DirectCU H20

ROG Poseidon graphics card with hybrid DirectCU H2O cooling

The new ROG Poseidon graphics card features an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 700 Series GPU and a hybrid DirectCU H2O thermal design that supports both air and liquid cooling. Developed by ASUS, its CoolTech fan combines blower and axial fans in one design, forcing air in multiple directions over the heatsink to maximize heat dissipation. Liquid cooling reduces operating temperatures by up to 31 degrees Celsius for cooler running with even greater overclocking potential. ROG Poseidon also features a red pulsing ROG logo for a distinctive dash of style.

pu89.jpg

• I'm not 100% sure about the Hybrid design. Air and water, most things like this are compromised by trying to be everything to everybody. I would think the water cooling would be limited by sharing the heat sink with the air cooler. No matter what, Asus knows how to make one beautiful GPU. what do you guys think about this card?

Why do I have a feeling that it is aluminum, just like the block on the formula. I think asus should come with a hybrid CPU cooler with an aluminum block as well, that way I have a cpu block to use with the hybrid GPU, and mobo. 

It probably is aluminum.  I don't know who in their right mind let Asus Product Development use Aluiminum in their products for watercooling.  Even with the "coating" they claim won't allow corrosion, sorry, I don't trust it.