I've always wanted one, and you're not helping!

Looks excellent so far.

It was ton of work...so glad it's almost done.

Great work man.  I guess this means no more working out?

M.

That's why it looked brand new.

Sneak peak! Soooo close to racing.

simrig069.jpg

simrig070.jpg

simrig072.jpg

simrig074.jpg

simrig075.jpg

simrig076.jpg

Well here it is. I'm going to call it done.

Still waiting on buttons to show up so I can drill the two outer panels and finalize wiring.

Waiting on files to transfer to my network drive then I will install an SSD with fresh install. Stay away from the track infield....I will be racing! Hope to get my rookie season started this week if I get enough track time to feel comfortable.

Oh yea put a nice 3" long scratch in my monitor!! Good excuse to get 3 new ones.

simrig077.jpg

simrig078.jpg

simrig079.jpg

simrig080.jpg

simrig081.jpg

simrig082.jpg

simrig083.jpg

simrig084.jpg

simrig085.jpg

Awesome man!

Thanks!

Buttons came in today. The red buttons without the dome have a pretty long throw with no click so I will likely use the domed ones for their short throw and audible click or I may use a row of each. Also think I may put an android phone I have here not being used in the right panel.

Need to think about it...the DSD boards only handle 24 inputs and I think the rotaries will take up to 12 each I may need to change to encoders. I read somewhere that iRacing will only handle 4 USB inputs. More studying to do. May need to use Xpadder.

Anyway here are some pics,I will drill them in the CNC today and will likely make another panel for the right side one for the phone and one for switches then I can decide.

simrig086.jpg

simrig088.jpg

simrig089.jpg

simrig090.jpg

simrig091.jpg

simrig093.jpg

This is definitely worthy of spending time on the fan page!

https://www.facebook.com/TheModZoo/posts/484148905034920

Thanks,that was unexpected.

Super job. How come so many switches?

It will eliminate the need for a keyboard in game. Like brake bias where I would need to bring up screen with an F key then use arrow keys for an adjustment. I plan to keep it down to 64 inputs so I will only need to buy two boards. Still learning the ins and outs. The Android dash may be tricky also as it needs a server program installed to send wireless signal to phone. Not sure how that will work since I never game on wireless.

Anyone know if I can use both wired and wireless together? Wired for game and WIFI for the phone.

OK I got one side done but still undecided on the right panel,going to sleep on it. Going to order encoders and more switches today.

Did a quick video since camera was sitting next to me. Nothing fancy just some holes.

Dang I should have wiped off the finger prints!!

simrig096.jpg

simrig098.jpg

simrig099.jpg

simrig100.jpg

I'm running iRacing. I ran around 200 laps in test mode Sunday and jumped in 3 races to start on my rookie card. Monday I ran 9 40 lap races to get my score up enough for my oval D licences.  :D  Now to get started on my road course rookie card.

Man this sim is so realistic. Now that I'm out of rookie cars they will need to be setup for track conditions and that means everything; tire pressure,track bar,alignment,wings and even gear ratios etc.!! 

The iRacing NASCAR World Champion was honored at the NASCAR award ceremony and received a ring and a check for $10,000!

This Sim sucks up hours like a black hole!!! I did get part of my mill painted though.

I actually woke up with sore arms this morning....guess I need to start a training regiment. :huh:

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my Zoo Monkeys. Please spend time with Family and friends,leave the Dremel unplugged.

Finally all done with the dash panels and wiring. Also have iRacing Dash app running. I love the app but it messed up my idea of running the yellow buttons as F keys since it operates off of default keys,going to see if I can enter 2 keys today. One thing I do like it brings up the appropriate black box when going to a different screen. Really makes it easy for fuel and tire adj. etc.

Been having a blast racing as I get more and more comfortable with it. Also now that I'm out of rookie seems I'm running with more A,B and C class drivers and wrecks are not nearly as frequent. I purchased Rockingham and National Impala and just been having a blast with it. My lap times in test are good so now just working on nerves and constant lap time during the race.

Still need to label buttons and clean up all the wiring mess. Triple monitors will be next on my list.

simrig116.jpg
simrig117.jpg
simrig118.jpg
simrig119.jpg
simrig120.jpg
simrig121.jpg
simrig123.jpg

Thanks!

YES it's a blast....but like I said before sucks up time like a black hole,time I don't have right now!

Races are now every 2 hrs vs every hour in rookie class. Soon they will be full length races with pit strategy and pace car action. With that you have to learn car adjustments and fuel conservation. I'm pretty sure I will have a heart attack from stress during a 3.5 hr race!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    There's a thing here. Somehow it moved to the top of the page, but I didn't do it. No, really! But still, Cheaps is likely to blame...
    You don't have permission to chat.