R u kidding?! ...I love it.  Honored, seriously, Thank you Kerry   :D

I need to find a proper sim and race you... haha

Your welcome. I'm honored to run it.

You have real world racing experience...no fair!

Here is the Truck before final rendering.

mnpctechSilverado.jpg

I'm back!!

Just couldn't leave well enough alone,so it's time for version 2.

Here is a sneak peak of the base...this one will take some time as I want layout and adjustments to be perfect.

No scrap metal here (not much anyway) this one will be all new metal and bolt together VS welded. Right now I'm planning a steering column off real car,but that may change.

Here is what I have done so far. My main goal is NO exposed wiring...just one plug coming out of the rig for power.

simrig2001.jpg

simrig2002.jpg

simrig2003.jpg

simrig2004.jpg

simrig2005.jpg

simrig2006.jpg

simrig2007.jpg

simrig2008.jpg

simrig2009.jpg

simrig2010.jpg

Same thing happens when I built my first computer. I didn't think I wanted to ever build one again until I was finished and wanted to build 5 more. This will be very cool sure to win rig of the month. And can already tell it will look nice.

Same thing happens when I built my first computer. I didn't think I wanted to ever build one again until I was finished and wanted to build 5 more. This will be very cool sure to win rig of the month. And can already tell it will look nice.

It never ends....

I couldn't help but notice it's a tiny bit larger.

-'Racing couch' sounds more comfortable anyway.

It will have a hida-bed inside!

Looks bigger in pics I think. 5' X 3' X 7"

It will have removable diamond plate floors. Pedals will be welwood hydraulic.

3-27" monitors will be ordered this weekend.

Plan for now is full fiberglass dash with real gauges.

I have talked to a graphics guy about doing vinyl wrap on parts of it.

Oh you will love this,I just ordered 10 amber and 10 red flashing LED's for the tail pipes. I will put 5 of each in each pipe in hopes it will simulate fire!!  :unsure:

One other thought is a car radiator on the back to water cool PC (but hard to find full copper units)....but will probably be to broke to pull that one off.

I just happen to have 14 2"X2" case feet to hold it up!

Front section will house three stereo amps for the buttkickers. 6-8 120mm fans down each side to keep air moving.

Today I knocked out the seat mount. They will bolt to the frame once i get brackets welded in. Still thinking I may hinge them on the back.
Sides will have bolt on filler panels.

PC Specs:
MB - AsRock Z87 Killer
CPU - Intel I5 4440
Ram - Corsair 16 gig
GPU 1 - GTX 770
GPU 2 - GTX465
HD 1 - Crucial 240 gig SSD
HD 2 - Western Digital 1 terabyte

PSU - Corsair 850 watt
Sound Card - Sound Blaster Z
Headset - SENNHEISER PC 350

Monitors (main) - Acer 27" X 3

Monitor - Asus 24"

simrig2011.jpg
simrig2012.jpg
simrig2014.jpg
simrig2016.jpg
simrig2017.jpg
simrig2019.jpg
simrig2020.jpg
simrig2021.jpg

Quick little update. My new 27" monitors are in and mounted using some milk crates!! What an amazing difference. More metal on order for framing the wheel,pedal and monitor mounting.

simrig2022.jpg

simrig2023.jpg

simrig2024.jpg

simrig2024.jpg

simrig2026.jpg

Second round of metal arrived!

Cut up some more PC parts and got the PSU mount welded in. I know it looks kinda crappy but when painted flat black it will blend right in,plus I just need function under the floor not coolness!

Got started on the exhaust pipes. 10 orange and red LED's flashing to simulate fire....I think 10 more would really look good. Pipe will be powder coated chrome inside and out. The end cap is not the one going on here those are off another project,but will make some similar to these.

simrig2027.jpg

simrig2028.jpg

simrig2029.jpg

simrig2030.jpg

simrig2031.jpg

simrig2032.jpg

simrig2033.jpg

simrig2034.jpg

simrig2035.jpg

simrig2036.jpg

Thanks!

MY wife just rolls her eyes....did get her talked into converting a room for my new rig.

Got the end caps started just need to bore them out. Steering column bearing supports are also ready to bore out. Build will get tricky from here on so everything is less then 30" long to fit in the oven and everything bolts on with some amount of adjustability. Then I can start getting dash going.

Got the back section started today,hoped to get more done but company showed up and had to do some bench racing.

Still need to bore the pipe openings,but kinda waiting for the bearings for the column to show up and bore everything at same time.

The center panel will house a 360 radiator for the PC. The fans are just to hold it stiff while I mount the panel...as you can imaging it's pretty flimsy without them.

So here is what I got done today.

simrig2038.jpg

simrig2039.jpg

simrig2040.jpg

simrig2042.jpg

Little update:

Got the back panels finished and mounted using 6/32" Button cap screws into tapped holes in the frame. Got the exhaust caps bored out and polished.

Remounted it all to make sure it all fit,once I was happy with the fit I sanded everything with a DA and some 220 grit. Then off the the blast cabinet to prep for the powder coat.

Hit the pipes wit some chrome powder and panel with semi gloss black. Once pipes were cool I glued all the LED's in with some 2 part adhesive.

I had to hurry and get it all back together so I could see what it was going to look like!!!

Got a 360 radiator,CPU block and reservoir coming I bought used from a fellow PC modder.

Here is the backend in all it's glory!!!

simrig2044.jpg

simrig2046.jpg

simrig2047.jpg

simrig2048.jpg

simrig2049.jpg

simrig2050.jpg

simrig2051.jpg

simrig2052.jpg

simrig2053.jpg

simrig2054.jpg

simrig2055.jpg

That is pretty cool. I would for sure play other games with that rig, them race seats can be comfy LOL.

Some great progress so far.  

Absolutely amazing . . . this is taking gaming to the next level. 

Cheers

Fen

Thanks guys! Hope to have some more done next week. At some point I will need to tear other rig apart to get all mounting point in place...then put it back together,not looking forward to that part.

:wub:  This may be the single coolest thing I have ever seen

Thanks!

Little update:
Got the fans in the other day along with a Radiator,CPU block and res. Went with turbine fans to show on the back,they don't pump much air but I think the look will work. I will run 3 more non-LED fans on back for push/pull setup.

Also started on the monitor mounts yesterday and finished up main mounts today. I will work on the 4th mount in the morning and see if I can clamp it to the old rig for now to see how it "hangs". I should have plenty of adjustments and rigidity.

That's it for now!!

simrig2057.jpg
simrig2059.jpg
simrig2060.jpg
simrig2061.jpg
simrig2062.jpg
simrig2063.jpg
simrig2066.jpg
simrig2067.jpg
simrig2068.jpg
simrig2069.jpg
simrig2070.jpg
simrig2071.jpg
simrig2072.jpg

Here's some pics with it clamped to the old rig. Super happy with how sturdy it is.

Ignore all the wires so many things have been moved around. Used an adjustable mount for the 4th monitor and looks like it will work perfect,I will probably buy a new 24".

It does angle down a little due to the weld hitting the bracket.

simrig2073.jpg

simrig2074.jpg

simrig2075.jpg

simrig2076.jpg

simrig2077.jpg

simrig2078.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    The ModZoo keeps getting blackout drunk and losing months of time. Apologies. -Also, anyone know where to get rid of a dead hooker?
    You don't have permission to chat.