wow this has changed since i last seen it. looks awesome. seeing how much work you have put into this SIM, i only got as far as base and seat. i got no room atm to build the rest  ahhhhhhhhh the sight of this just teases me more and more ...oneday i hope to get around to my own....Nice monitor stands. pondering which way i go.... thanks hahaha speedo reads 9999999 miles on it 24/7 hehehehehe.

now thats how you do it!!!!!

wow this has changed since i last seen it. looks awesome. seeing how much work you have put into this SIM, i only got as far as base and seat. i got no room atm to build the rest  ahhhhhhhhh the sight of this just teases me more and more ...oneday i hope to get around to my own....Nice monitor stands. pondering which way i go.... thanks hahaha speedo reads 9999999 miles on it 24/7 hehehehehe.

O M G! What a GREAT IDEA! I love this build, it is off the hook, bad Poopadilly generator! Great work! 

Thanks guys!

Hope to get back on it soon,been little under the weather and car build is killing me!

We have decided to move radiator to the trunk area (he's coping my sim rig build :)) with only inter-cooler(s) and and air ride compressors up front under the bumper cover. Once the rotisserie gets here I can get going on it.

New time line on the car 24 months!!!!!!!!!!!

In the spirit of an update...here is a small one. I set aside an hour and got the drive bay installed. The power supply is not the one I will use it's another dead item I had laying around.

simrig2081.jpg

simrig2082.jpg

simrig2083.jpg

simrig2084.jpg

simrig2085.jpg

Managed to get back on this. Time to get the side panels made.

Doesn't seem like much but took better part of two day!!

I finally decided on what letters to use for fan grills....I just couldn't make N A S C A R work down the whole side.,so I went with MSR for Mach Speed Racing (my iRacing League).

Some IDIOT put the first panel the mill in wrong and had to make a new one....certainly wasn't how I wanted to start the day.

The grill openings will have clear fans with blue LED's,I think that will show letters pretty good. The 6 side fans along with the ^ fans on the radiator I should have plenty of air movement,remember front and bottom will be open. They will be powder coated semi-gloss black like the back panels.

I'm discussing with couple members to have some vinyl wrap design done for it.

That's it for this update.

simrig2086.jpg

simrig2087.jpg

simrig2088.jpg

simrig2089.jpg

simrig2090.jpg

simrig2091.jpg

simrig2092.jpg

simrig2093.jpg

simrig2094.jpg

Just awesome, can't wait to see more.

Wait no longer!!

Little update I decided to do something fun, so I made the res mount today. It will mount on the floor just behind the seat that will make it easy to see water level and fill it up. May have floor done yet today but probably not,I have another project beating my door down!

Enjoy!

simrig2095.jpg
simrig2096.jpg
simrig2097.jpg
simrig2098.jpg

You Sim Rig is worth more than my car and much better engineered! Over the top as usual brother, keep it up!

Thanks!

Rear floor section installed today along with res mount. Now you can really see how it will look together with seat brackets bolted in. Front sections will be polished diamond plate (I think).

simrig2100.jpg
simrig2101.jpg
simrig2102.jpg

More done today,I got the feet mounts welded on. Then started on the monitor mount frame work. According to the FOV calculator I need my eyes to be 23.5" from screen center for 179 FOV @ 60 degrees. Note my 3D rendering using a 24" TV. I need to "see" it to get it set in my brain!!

simrig2103.jpg

simrig2104.jpg

simrig2105.jpg

simrig2106.jpg

simrig2107.jpg

simrig2108.jpg

simrig2109.jpg

simrig2110.jpg

simrig2111.jpg

Hoped to get more done,but guess any forward movement is good. Everything will build off of this. The tricky part was making sure angle was same on both sides and absolutely level with base,I had to first shim base so it was level that way I could use level to mark for the cuts.

I'm actually amazed at how sturdy it is. It will get more more bracing and front will be wrapped in sheet metal....need place to put my car number. When shifter gets here I can get started on the console on the right side. This may be the world strongest PC case ever built!!

simrig2112.jpg

simrig2113.jpg

simrig2114.jpg

Second set of uprights in place....hope it's strong enough!!! I will wrap the triangle section in metal also and maybe across the front once I see what I need for clearances.

simrig2119.jpg

simrig2120.jpg

simrig2121.jpg

simrig2122.jpg

simrig2123.jpg

More updates! 

Got the wheel plate made and powder coated,note the easy reach for both "push to talk" buttons,one for iRacing and one for team Speak. I'm going to use the horn button for reset. Also got the bearings ordered for the steering column conversion.

I was searching for fans to get them ordered and found some cooler Master clear LED's on sale for $2.99 from $14.99....ordered 9 of them fast!!

I also ordered the 90 degree fittings for the res. and got the holes drilled for the grommets. You can now ignore the flat metal plate that goes under the seat,it will now be a template for the polished diamond plate floor I just ordered and will be here tomorrow.

More pics coming this week!!

simrig2124.jpg

simrig2125.jpg

simrig2126.jpg

simrig2127.jpg

simrig2128.jpg

simrig2129.jpg

simrig2130.jpg

simrig2131.jpg

simrig2132.jpg

simrig2133.jpg

simrig2134.jpg

More glamour shots! You can see in last pic I mis-measured the back plate and will now make center panel more of a pain to remove!

All side panels ready for powder coat and should be done today.

simrig2136.jpg

simrig2138.jpg

simrig2140.jpg

simrig2143.jpg

simrig2144.jpg

simrig2145.jpg

simrig2146.jpg

simrig2147.jpg

simrig2152.jpg

I'm late to this party, but man, something else. This was a really fun build to look through from V.1 and now I'll be watching V.2 unfold. Really excellent stuff.

Thanks!

Getting closer by the day!!

I didn't want to say anything, but I think we might have to do an intervention! This has definitely gone beyond the scrap Metal stage. Hey it's you and we have come to expect extreme! Everyone wants it ( except your wife ) lol  

Well I finally got started on the shaft and bearing supports.

I went with unshielded bearing to help reduce drag. Really sucked the quick release mount was just over 3" so I had to use 3.5" stock.

Still need to turn the other end once I figure out the length required...of course that will give me a chance to ruin it! Not shown in the pictures,to make sure shaft hole was concentric with wheel I mounted the quick mount and then bored the hole for the shaft. Really was only off a little but at least the wheel will turn true. Also planning on mounting bracket for paddle shifters between the quick release and new mount. Lot more to start thinking about,like finding a 10 wire coiled cable...no luck so far with small wires. I may run wires through the shaft but then it would need a loose plug to pull of wheel. I'm hoping to find a plug that will work in dash panel.

All this will mount on a panel with wheel base so I can adjust it back and forth and tilt.

Pics for now:

simrig2170.jpg

simrig2171.jpg

simrig2172.jpg

simrig2173.jpg

simrig2174.jpg

simrig2175.jpg

simrig2176.jpg

simrig2177.jpg

simrig2178.jpg

simrig2179.jpg

simrig2180.jpg

simrig2181.jpg

simrig2182.jpg

simrig2183.jpg

simrig2184.jpg

simrig2185.jpg

simrig2186.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    The ModZoo keeps getting blackout drunk and losing months of time. Apologies. -Also, anyone know where to get rid of a dead hooker?
    You don't have permission to chat.