Little update today:

Been sick with stupid flu for a week...now time to get back in the shop!!

When I got the red seat and sat in it I knew I had to get one! So last night I ordered one my, wife actually bought it for my Xmas present. Well to my surprise it showed up toady!! Now that's service. Had to really re-think the mounts so I didn't add any height and was able to keep the original mounts since they have side plate and decals already done. Unfortunately I had to move them out and will leave four extra holes...I will just use some button cap screws in old holes to cover them up. I will need to blast mounts and re-powder coat them.

I like the new style mounts on the seat as it can be raised or lowered front and rear to change angle and height if need be, just little more adjustable available.

I will start on wheel mount in the morning and see how that goes, I have a bad feeling it won't clear the cross brace and may have to move it. I have also decided to redo the Mother board mount on a 12" X 24" 1/8" aluminum plate since I need to make one for the other build anyway.

Oh yea I have a 7" monitor for dash that should be under the tree in a few weeks.

Here are some pics of the new seat layout,yes I had to go blue!!

simrig2189.jpg

simrig2194.jpg

simrig2195.jpg

simrig2196.jpg

simrig2197.jpg

simrig2198.jpg

that seat looks so comfortable that you could fall asleep in it. You might need a 5 point after all? This is just excellent!

Thanks

Got started on the shaft mount for wheel today. Turned out I had to enlarge the holes to get it to true up. All that careful measuring and it had over 1/8" run-out using the exact measurements on the housing...I got it down to .008. The coupler I'm using is light and very true ,but doesn't like any sever run-out like a u-joint would.

Still not sure the G27 will like swinging all this extra material,Will just have to wait and see once it's assembled. My real concert is clipping if I need to turn up the FF.

Now to try and figure out how to mount it and be adjustable up and down, in and out.

Well here is what I got so far.

simrig2199.jpg
simrig2200.jpg
simrig2201.jpg
simrig2202.jpg
simrig2203.jpg
simrig2204.jpg

I'm holding back commenting until I see a motor.

Hmmm 572 big block!!

Got the shaft completed today. I'm very happy with how easy it spins!! Waiting on metal order to start second rig and couple pieces for mine. I will probably stop on mine and get the next one started right away. I will post a link when I get it started.
The whole reason for the shaft is to (I hope) mount a 7" monitor just above shaft that I can see through wheel opening. I hope I never have to do anything like this again!!

simrig2205.jpg
simrig2206.jpg
simrig2207.jpg
simrig2208.jpg

Wheel mount started. Notice the adjustment for and aft. It will also adjust up and down as needed. Next step is the column mount,got some ideas just not sure the one I will go with yet. I may need to wait till the 7" monitor shows up to check for clearance if I use a top mount.

Anyway doesn't look like much but lot of planning went into it. The cross bar is capped with nuts welded inside. I will be covering sides and back once everything is in place.

New build starts in the morning. Also sold a third unit today so may be able to build them simultaneously. Scrap metal original is also sold.

simrig2209.jpg

simrig2210.jpg

simrig2211.jpg

( I hope I never have to do anything like this again!! ) Brother do I know that feeling. The best laid plans of mice and men. Our brain's

gets us into these master plans and then we start to fully realize what we have got ourselves into! Only the truly stubborn preserver, but then you think hell no I'm glad I never have to do that again. Awesome creation brother, always a pleasure. 

Here's some pics of one I building for a friend.

Base frame is all done! Also got the MB tray finished,I will need to drill 4 more hole for the SSD mount,I just want to make sure it has same bolt pattern (it should but you never know). I used 6 rubber isolators for vibration. Video card upright is just a touch short,if you look real close you can see MB bending down slightly. We need to make a new one or use a washer. I will wait until new parts show up for the build.

Don't worry these PC parts are burned up or old parts.

Next step is side panels while I wait on bolt order to show up on Friday. I have bumped all mounts to 5/16" bolts vs 1/4".

BHsimrig022.jpg
BHsimrig023.jpg
BHsimrig024.jpg
BHsimrig025.jpg
BHsimrig026.jpg
BHsimrig027.jpg

Update on the MSR15V2 build.

Gaining some ground on this one. Watch for version 3 it will have solid 1/4" aluminum sides,this will eliminate the need for full frame and sheet metal bends.

Got side panel done! The fan holes will be covered with custom fan grills done in gloss black with Kenworth logos. His DSD wheel adapter and longer paddles showed up along with MY new DSD sequential shifter.
Red is all done in Mirror Red powder coat. Also got the isobar Power strip install,these will be standard equipment.

BHsimrig069.jpg
BHsimrig070.jpg
BHsimrig071.jpg
BHsimrig072.jpg
BHsimrig073.jpg
BHsimrig074.jpg
BHsimrig075.jpg
BHsimrig076.jpg
BHsimrig077.jpg
BHsimrig078.jpg
BHsimrig079.jpg
BHsimrig080.jpg

Awesome ..... I have had my plans made up for my racing sim now for awhile. I went to the stage of making a 3d model to kinda proof concept it.Mine had changed several times in placement of bars guides and panels...This is looking really good... I hope to someday make mine. Keep up the great work.

Awesome ..... I have had my plans made up for my racing sim now for awhile. I went to the stage of making a 3d model to kinda proof concept it.Mine had changed several times in placement of bars guides and panels...This is looking really good... I hope to someday make mine. Keep up the great work.

Thanks. I know all about change! Getting ready to start yet another version. This one will have 1/4" aluminum sides. I think it will be final design.

You always have to build the biggest computer on the block, don't you? This thing is looking awesome Kerry.

"Worlds largest PC Case" I should install mini ITX in it.

Thanks for the props.

Yes indeed there can be a many iterations to a final over all completed design. Kinda our own journey into R n D...

Loving the man cave!  You've got me looking around my little computer office and wondering what I can do to it - lol!

Another update. Finally making big headway on it. This is version 1.8. Two more in the works and should be at version 2 very soon.

I did a video that goes over how all this got started,little long,unscripted and plenty of camera problems but I think it fills in some blanks on how this all got started and little history on myself.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    There's a thing here. Somehow it moved to the top of the page, but I didn't do it. No, really! But still, Cheaps is likely to blame...
    You don't have permission to chat.