Patto

Death of Gentle Typhoon

Just found this posted on Frozen CPU's Face book page, thought I would share

Sad news regarding the Scythe Gentle Typhoon line, but we have hopes that the new Scythe Grand Flex line should be an adequate replacement:

FrozenCPU,
Regretfully, both Nidec and Scythe have decided not to continue their business relationship.

We will not be able to fulfill your Gentle Typhoon order.
We will be promoting the new Grand Flex fans. These are supposedly better than the Gentle Typhoo...ns.
We need to get the message out to the public. I should have some samples by early next month.
By the way, Scythe reserves the right to the name Gentle Typhoon.
That means Nidec can’t sell the product to anybody with our label, our package, our brand and etc. attached to it.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hank Peng
SCYTHE, Inc.

I really wanted a few of these for my S3 but I went with Alpenfohn instead,the gaps between the blades are not conducive to static pressure and they were like hens teeth to get...

As for GT's...well,they had a good run and Im sorry to see them go. Nidec will no doubt re-release them under their branding so its not all lost.

I really wanted a few of these for my S3 but I went with Alpenfohn instead,the gaps between the blades are not conducive to static pressure and they were like hens teeth to get...

As for GT's...well,they had a good run and Im sorry to see them go. Nidec will no doubt re-release them under their branding so its not all lost.

Agree, Nidec will re-release them under a different brand, or they might go into a partnership with some other company. 

More choices for us can never be a bad thing. 

Anyone else noticed that FrozenCPU's "in stock" quantities of the Gentle Typhoon fans are now a lot higher than ~5 days ago when this news hit. Guess they are managing to keep getting more in somehow at least for now?

edit:

RE: the 'Grand Flex' fans, after seeing a review like this of them, I think I'll pass ...

Despite or because of all its unusual design elements, the Grand Flex was disappointing. Its cooling proficiency was as lackluster as its sound quality. There are plenty of fans that sound terrible and perform well or vice versa, but the Grand Flex falls is closer to the negative side of the spectrum on both accounts. ...