If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

Michael Kaiser

23RO_UK now see what you've done

Now that I've got Metallica running properly I have been able to start playing around a little bit.  Disclaimer I have absolutely no Idea what I'm doing, But I never let that stop me before!  I started chasing your quick overclock on Evo Just to give me something to shoot for.  I know this isn't your best mark and feel free to post any newer benchmarks here so I know just how far off I am.  I appreciate you inspiring me to start playing around.  It's a lot of fun and a little scary ha ha.  I tried to match your settings on Heaven 4.0 as good as I could tell from your screen shot. If you want to list all your settings if I missed anything so I am apples to apples.  I was having troubles getting the saved screen shot on the forum, so I just took a pic of it until I can figure out my problem. My best cpu was 4.899 but this was at 4.8 this is 1 card the 2 card was 150.1 FPS it seems to be running cool / max 61C I'm not sure what the voltage was .Anyway Cheers Mate.

dbn7.jpg

Well I've never had the experience of having my screen name plastered across a thread title until now Mike   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Your very welcome btw  :D

It's been awhile since I ran Heaven 4.0 so I'll have to take another crack at it sooner rather than later now...

I'll post up my settings afterwards (Heaven 4.0) so we can then compare  :)

Edit - my last score apon looking in the Evo thread was 1969 so thus far you lead by 17 points overall, however you're running SLi and I'm running a mere single 680   :P   :P   :P

that actually is one card. I see it list two, all I can do is turn off the SLI. I'm daayumn well not removing the card on a water cooled system. I don't think it's using the card? I ran SLI numbers but didn't save it correctly so I'll rerun it again.  I was just wanting to see what the gear could do, because it surely has nothing to do with my skill which is 0 in this area.  Awaiting my beating! thanks Mate

Oooookay

This is what my 680 and 2600K running at 4.5GHz scores -

REOBR3a.jpg

That's what I run with on a day to day basis, I think it demonstrates that 770's are basically just renumbered and tweaked 680's. 

I'll use this score as my baseline before tweaking it up any further  :)

I was curious as to how my i7-920 built in 2009 with the GTX580s I added later would compare (and to show how older rigs still hold up to new current generation)

i7-920 chugging along at a lazy'ish 3.8GHz

2 x GTX580s (SLI)

Win7 64bit, 12GB Triple Channel Memory, blahblahblah

Unigine Heaven 4.0 with all the settings much like what you have (No AA, No Tessellation, 1920x1080 Fullscreen, High Quality, etc)

SLI Enabled

FPS:  102

Score:  2569

SLI Disabled

FPS:  53.5

Score:  1348

The rig may be older but it still runs my games like beast. :)

Now a more realistic mode for my particular configuration:

2560x1440, 2xAA, Fullscreen (Because I have a 27in LCD)

Ultra Quality

Tessellation Normal

SLI Enabled

FPS:  44.4

Score:  1119

Yeah, that'll work for me :)

I agree on the 770's it's the same card so it's more what you do with it.  In the end I doubt I will be able to match your scores, because of your experience.  The scores are dead even now.  I'll see If I can get some time tomorrow to play with it some more?  I'm just happy to have something worth benching! all the gear I've had before was to far behind the cutting edge it wasn't worth it. 

I like to have some measuring programs open while I'm benching. Does that effect your scores in one way or another?

Great score DF  :D

Still plenty of gas in the tank for those twin 580's, with 4K gaming looming for the mainstream market it will actively encourage nVidia and AMD to finally produce drivers worthy of the hardware; Motherboard manufacturers will also have to up their game in both the Cross Fire and SLi stakes also.

Win win for the consumer market  ;)

I agree on the 770's it's the same card so it's more what you do with it.  In the end I doubt I will be able to match your scores, because of your experience.  The scores are dead even now.  I'll see If I can get some time tomorrow to play with it some more?  I'm just happy to have something worth benching! all the gear I've had before was to far behind the cutting edge it wasn't worth it. 

I like to have some measuring programs open while I'm benching. Does that effect your scores in one way or another?

I'm just taking a quick mooch whilst getting ready for work Mike, I'll reply proper when I get home (it's 0414 in the UK  :wacko:   :blink: )

Quick answer - FPS counters and heat monitors use little in the way of system sources whilst running in the background fella  :)

Now that I've got Metallica running properly I have been able to start playing around a little bit.  Disclaimer I have absolutely no Idea what I'm doing, But I never let that stop me before!  I started chasing your quick overclock on Evo Just to give me something to shoot for.  I know this isn't your best mark and feel free to post any newer benchmarks here so I know just how far off I am.  I appreciate you inspiring me to start playing around.  It's a lot of fun and a little scary ha ha.  I tried to match your settings on Heaven 4.0 as good as I could tell from your screen shot. If you want to list all your settings if I missed anything so I am apples to apples.  I was having troubles getting the saved screen shot on the forum, so I just took a pic of it until I can figure out my problem. My best cpu was 4.899 but this was at 4.8 this is 1 card the 2 card was 150.1 FPS it seems to be running cool / max 61C I'm not sure what the voltage was .Anyway Cheers Mate.

dbn7.jpg

Here's what my new toy scores out of the box Mike -

E54G8dv.jpg

:P  Not bad  ;)

Well I've never had the experience of having my screen name plastered across a thread title until now Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your very welcome btw :D

It's been awhile since I ran Heaven 4.0 so I'll have to take another crack at it sooner rather than later now...

I'll post up my settings afterwards (Heaven 4.0) so we can then compare :)

Edit - my last score apon looking in the Evo thread was 1969 so thus far you lead by 17 points overall, however you're running SLi and I'm running a mere single 680 :P :P :P

you showing off again Paul. Behave my son, these southerners lol.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    There's a thing here. Somehow it moved to the top of the page, but I didn't do it. No, really! But still, Cheaps is likely to blame...
    You don't have permission to chat.