The Mod Zoo is upgrading the Munky Cages on November 1st. Please be patient while we hose down the enclosures.

If you are not receiving emails from the forum please let us know on munky@themodzoo.com

Welcome to The Mod Zoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Project "Green Machine"

haf xb cooler master haf xb cm haf xb cube coolermaster xb coolermaster haf cube box

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic
Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
This a sneak peak at my newest project I started last week. Some of the parts are to be announced as they are currently under NDA so once that it lifted I will make the appropriate announcement.

***As of midnight last night the NDA was lifted on the case so I will be posting up some pictures of it later tonight***

List of parts to be used:

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB
PSU: CoolerMaster 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid
CPU: Intel I7 3770k
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Memory: Patriot Viper Extreme 32 gb
Sleeving: MDPC
SSD's: Intel
GPU's: 3 EVGA GTX 680's HydroCopper

Cooling:

Swiftech Apogee HD CPU Block
Alphacool 360 RAD, 12 RAD, & 240 RAD
Danger Den Reservoir
Aqua Computer 1500 lph Bitspower conversion pump kit
Mayhems Pastel Mint Green
Primo Chill 3/4 Tubing

Fans: Coolermaster Excaliburs

Peripherials:

Keyboard: Coolermaster Storm Trigger (with cherry blue btw) :)/>
Mouse: Coolermaster Sentinel II advance
Headset: Coolermaster Storm Sirus

Sponsors for this build. I am forever grateful to my sponsors as this build would never be possible without them. This list will be updated as I am hoping and anticipating some more great companies to help me out if all goes as planned.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It will be a little bit of time until I can update this build log but it will be worth the wait I hope.

I have always wanted to do an NVIDIA themed build even thought there re so many of them out there. I have a deep rooted love for NIVIDIA so if that is the case I will be using this:

Posted Image

Here are some samples of the powder coating I will be using in this build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It will mainly be the metal flake one but will also be doing the lighter green throughout for accents.

I just got home from work and I found another mysterious package that I was keeping my fingers crossed for, so without further ado I am officially doing 3 way SLI with this mod. Thank you so much EVGA for sponsoring this build, you will be proud when I am done with it.

They will look a bit more sexy once I install the EVGA hydro copper blocks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see I just received a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 from Gigabyte

Posted Image

Also I received an I7 3770k from Intel that Cooler Master was able to get for me as well as some other goodies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now it is time to cut up all the things. I will be placing an order with Frozen CPU for about $1000 and will post up more pics when that gets here but it will be quite some time till the NDA is lifted and I can actually show you the progress of the build.

Cheers!!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I won an Intel SSD 180gig 520 series SSD from the mod contest at Lanfest....i took 1st Place...lol So I will be using this as the primary in the Green Machine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I have my work cut out for me.

Got a huge package today from Frozen.

Swiftech Apogee HD Block (My favorite)
360 Rad
240 Rad
120 Rad
3 EVGA 680 Hydro Copper full coverage blocks. I received backplates from EVGA a few days ago.

"Also it is very close to being able to reveal what case I am modding and can't wait to share with you guys"

Here is a look at the blocks. Doing a lot of work on the case now things are really starting to come together.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now to transform my air cooled cards...

Posted Image

It never ceases to amaze me how much thermal paste they put on GPU's...
Posted Image

Posted Image

I have to say they look a lot sexier now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well I better get back to work modding time is wasting but just wanted to give an update. Cutting a lot of holes and planning my loop in detail now that I have all the parts.

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3,409 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
  • Last active: Yesterday, 10:01 PM
This is going to be real tasty....Love that Green color sample!

I'm predicting the Cooler Master HAF XB a huge success. I would love to mod one....Imagining a future XL version would bite into Mountain Mod sales...

*Be sure to Tag your post with "Cooler Master HAF XB" and variations on it, and I will Tweet my followers about your Project here B)/>

Sharkoon Shark blade Cooling fans would be perfect for this gaming pc build, http://mnpctech.com/...ark-blade-fans/

sharkoon_shark_blade_120mm_fan_green_mnp

sharkoon_shark_blade_120mm_fan_green_mnp

Some of the pc case mod products in Brian's Cooler Master HAF XB gaming pc build

Black Anodized Grooved PC Case Feet, http://mnpctech.com/...-case-feet.html

Machined.Billet.Case.Feet.jpg

Black PC U-channel window trim, http://mnpctech.com/...mods-clone.html

Uchannel1_6iva-5n.jpg
Click Banner to Visit Case Mod Supply Store
anodized_m3_m4_screws_fasteners_mnpctech

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Thank you Bill, I am also predicting this case to be a huge success for Cooler Master. At first I was unsure until I actually started taking it apart. The motherboard tray is completely removable with only a couple thumb screws and it just has so much potential to really go any way you want with it.

Here is a first look for you guys like a run around of the case:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

True hot swap drive bays are included.

Posted Image

Here it is naked with the side panels and top panel off to give you an idea of what can be put in this case:

Posted Image

You can see the SSD mounting rack here which is removed by screws and has several different mounting options stock without having to mod anything:

Posted Image

Top View:

Posted Image

Front Panel removed:

Posted Image

My first test of my equipment using air: (I overclocked the CPU to 4.9ghz and the cards and got 21093 in 3dMark11)
Posted Image

I will post some more pictures tonight after I finish cutting some holes for my 360 RAD which is going on the bottom tray. It barely fits with just enough room for me to parallel it with my 240 RAD which is mounting on the front of the case as you can see in these pictures. Also I want everyone to fully be able to see the Reservoir and the Mayhems Pastel Mint Green so I am actually modding the side panel to accept the Danger Den Res as also seen here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I am a stickler for detail especially with a case that I am doing for Cooler Master and all the generous sponsors backing this build so I am modding the waterblocks and removing the Red leds and replacing them with Green that way EVGA's name will be illuminated Green on the waterblocks.

Posted Image

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Thank you Bill, I am also predicting this case to be a huge success for Cooler Master. At first I was unsure until I actually started taking it apart. The motherboard tray is completely removable with only a couple thumb screws and it just has so much potential to really go any way you want with it.

For some reason I can't tag it since I already posted it. It gave me the ability when I initially posted the build log but not now. :(/>

Here is a first look for you guys like a run around of the case:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

True hot swap drive bays are included.

Posted Image

Here it is naked with the side panels and top panel off to give you an idea of what can be put in this case:

Posted Image

You can see the SSD mounting rack here which is removed by screws and has several different mounting options stock without having to mod anything:

Posted Image

Top View:

Posted Image

Front Panel removed:

Posted Image

My first test of my equipment using air: (I overclocked the CPU to 4.9ghz and the cards and got 21093 in 3dMark11)
Posted Image

I will post some more pictures tonight after I finish cutting some holes for my 360 RAD which is going on the bottom tray. It barely fits with just enough room for me to parallel it with my 240 RAD which is mounting on the front of the case as you can see in these pictures. Also I want everyone to fully be able to see the Reservoir and the Mayhems Pastel Mint Green so I am actually modding the side panel to accept the Danger Den Res as also seen here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I am a stickler for detail especially with a case that I am doing for Cooler Master and all the generous sponsors backing this build so I am modding the waterblocks and removing the Red leds and replacing them with Green that way EVGA's name will be illuminated Green on the waterblocks.

Posted Image

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3,409 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
Thank you for the Tour! I can see this resulting in really cool Lan Rig!

*Congrats! on 1st recorded build ever of Cooler master HAF XB B)/>

L3p
  • Red Harbinger
  • 69 posts
  • PipPip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Last active: Sep 05 2014 12:30 PM
Indeed congrats!
Going to follow .. got something with green and cases like these :)/>

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Thank you guys!

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3,409 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
I don't understand why some people don't like the HAF XB? I can see a lot of potential with this over Towers.

Andrew_k
  • Moderators
  • 321 posts
  • Regular
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Last active: Nov 21 2013 06:18 AM
While I am not partial to the case, I have no doubts you will have a sweet looking build on your hands when it's finished.
Posted Image

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3,409 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
Does anyone still make 80mm fans...heh

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:

Does anyone still make 80mm fans...heh

Yeah there are actually some quite pricey ones I found but I'm just going to use some Coolermaster ones that I got from them.

Here I have cut my top panel window, "yeah I like big windows" lol

Posted Image

Even though I am powder coating it I have a habit of taping before I cut...lol

Posted Image

Not bad for a rough cut. One thing about this top panel is you can't use a jigsaw to cut it due to the beveled honeycomb portion making it impossible to get a level cut so this was all steady hand dremel and then jigsaw to cut the rounded edges.

Posted Image

Here is the removable motherboard tray:

Posted Image

I'm using an Alphacool Ut 60mm 360 rad and it just barely fits. I mocked up my hose runs and it will work out perfectly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here I am just marking out the center so I can drill my pilot hole.

Posted Image

Next up I did a test run with my knockout punch to make sure it is going to cut properly since I bought it used:

Posted Image

There we have it, a perfect hole cut into an old case. Well that's it for now, gonna go finish cutting my rad holes.

Thanks for looking.

Roboduck
  • Red Harbinger
  • 213 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Last active: Oct 15 2014 12:35 PM
Very cool! I like the "odd" form factor builds. Will be watching this one ;)/>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haf xb, cooler master haf xb, cm haf xb cube, coolermaster xb, coolermaster haf cube box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users