If you are not receiving emails from the forum please kyle@themodzoo.com, a bug appeared after the fix for Heartbleed.

Welcome to The Mod Zoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Project "Green Machine"

haf xb cooler master haf xb cm haf xb cube coolermaster xb coolermaster haf cube box

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic
Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Thank you. I'm just sleeving sleeving sleeving right now.

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Wanted to give a small update on the reassembly process.

I bought a special tool today that cuts perfect circles from 1" to 6" to cut new stickers for the Excaliburs. I went with 3M DiNoc fiber to give it just an added touch.

After I started assembling it really annoyed me that I knew that you could see the few bare wires on the Excalibur fans so I am sleeving all of them because this needs to be as close to perfection as possible. One down 8 to go...lol

Last couple builds I was smart and precut all of my 3/4" hose and labeled them so I could just grab them and install them as I build which is the best way to go imo.

Can't wait to fire this up and overclock it to at least 5.2ghz and run some benchmarks in triple SLI!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darko Obryant
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Jan 27 2013 05:31 AM
just beautiful. i can not wait to do my HAF XB build.

xD3aDPooLx
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Mar 31 2014 11:42 PM
I want to see it in person.

Bill Owen
  • Administrators
  • 3,265 posts
  • Mawd Gawd
  • LocationMnpctech
  • Last active: Today, 12:41 AM
that should catch eye from lots of people at the show!
Click Banner to Visit Case Mod Supply Store
banner_mnpctech_pc_case_mod_store_mini_f

ComputersAndCircuits
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationLeicester MA
  • Last active: Apr 24 2014 01:38 AM
coming along nicely!

editor22
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Pip
  • LocationBristol <UK>
  • Last active: Jun 17 2014 01:14 PM
Been umming and ahhing about this case for a while but this looks awesome man!
Store: E22 now open!
Social: Youtube | Facebook
Projects: Evolution | K2 MK1

RcRon7
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD
  • Last active: Yesterday, 03:16 AM
That Green is amazing, this is really coming along nicely.
If Ignorance is Bliss Why is everyone so happy?

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
Thank you guys.

Quick update. Case is assembled besides installing the acrylic windows which will be a breeze tomorrow.

I also desoldered the front "red" led and soldered in my own "green LED", as I can't cut any corners on this mod. I have some graphics from Karl Maser that will be getting put on tomorrow morning for my gracious sponsors.

I have to fill it up with mayhems pastel mint green and just power it on. I do a basic pressure test instead of leak test, especially because with this build you don't have the luxury of running a leak test due to the massive amount of cooling I have crammed into this mod.

Sorry the pictures don't really do this justice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking. I will post up some pics with the liquid running and probably do a short video.

Neutronman
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Jan 09 2013 10:08 PM
Hey Brian,
I just had to join this forum in order to comment on this build. Great work.
I'm looking at a build with this case as well although nothing as advanced as your own build.

I do have a couple of questions though based on your work to date. If you have some time perhaps you can answer???

I was hoping that the front of this case could accomodate a 280mm rad instead of a 240mm rad like you used. Can you comment of the possibility of this? Also it looks like you are using 120mm and 240mm rads that are 45mm thick and a 360mm rad that is 60mm thick. Do you believe that you could have used a 60mm Alphacool rad at the front in push/pull or was 45mm as thick as you could go with push/pull without getting in the way of the motherboard.

Are you displaying this at CES? I will be there and would love to see this case in the metal so to speak.

Again great work...

Brianwhite
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Regular
  • Last active:
@Neutronman yes the Haf XB already has mounting screws on the front of the case for a 280 rad.

I used an Alphacool 30mm 240 rad in the front in push pull configuration because that is pretty much the maximum I could use due to the length of the 3 EVGA GTX 680 Hydrocoppers. Also the 24 pin really is a tight fit when doing a push pull on the front rad on this case.

My case will be featured at the Cooler Master suite at CES and would love for you to come by and see it in person. The pictures really don't do it justice. I did take them rather hastily in my shop and will take better ones later on.

Here are some pictures after I filled her up and overclocked it to 5ghz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One thing I am really super frustrated with is the inconsistency in the Mayhems Pastel Mint Green I bought from Frozen CPU.

As you can see I mixed one bottle to 750ml of water and I got a pure yellow. :(/>

Now the other one yielded a really light green. :(/> Not even close to the advertised color. Any suggestions guys? I only have 4 days left..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Neutronman
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pip
  • Last active: Jan 09 2013 10:08 PM
I need a thicker rad at the front. I may just be able to squeeze a 45mm x 280mm at the front and a 45mm with single fan at the back. I'd love to see the routing for the tubing in better detail from the lower level of this case to the upper level. I will swing by the CM suite and have a look at your case. I usually manage to get an invite from CM to come to their suite. Looking forward to seeing your case in action. I live in Vegas so it's a no brainer for me to swing by.
Your mint does look yellow! not sure what is going on there. Perhaps just get some green food coloring to give it a better color for the show. I doubt simple food color will gum in your pump or blocks...

Good luck, beautiful build.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haf xb, cooler master haf xb, cm haf xb cube, coolermaster xb, coolermaster haf cube box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users