AngryCreations

{project} Heaven~Hell - Dual System Phenom

This project idea came to me in a dream.  Maybe I was temporarily possessed by an angel or demon or both ??  Ever since the first initial thought I wanted to put 2 water cooled mITX systems in a SFF case.  Of course I know this build overall is really worthless, but that's no fun!

The plan is to mount two mITX motherboards into a smaller mATX case.  The top system {Heaven} would be blue/white themed and the bottom inverted system {Hell} would be red/black themed. Each would featured full cover motherboard blocks and be tubed with Primochill rigid tubing.  

here is some crappy art I whipped up in Photoshop to layout my idea.  I hope to be working with someone knowledgeable in 3D rendering/CAD design soon to really put it together for me - sVRFcZi.jpg

mvILOgCl.jpg

{project} Heaven~Hell

mHiylU0l.jpg

Sponsors:

2CSxwUpl.png

Planned Hardware List:

Case: Bitfenix Phenom mATX

MB: 2x ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe

Memory: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1866 4x8GB

HDD: 2x Samsung Evo 500GB SSD

GFX: 2x AMD R9 290x ~or~ Nvidia Geforce 780ti

PSU: 2x Silverstone G-Evolution 750w

Planned Cooling List:

Fans: Bitfenix Specter Pro LED (4xblue, 4xred)

Radiator: 2x Black Ice GT Stealth 240 mm

Water Blocks: 2x Bitspower AIZ77ITXD Nickel Plated - Clear

GFX Blocks: 2x Bitspower Nickel - Clear (depends on final gfx card choice)

Fittings: Primochill Rigid Revolvers White & Red

Tubing: Primochill Rigid Tubing Clear

Reservoir: 2x Primochill CTR Advanced 120 mm (new style w/D5 pump top)

Pump: 2x D5 PWM

The first few packages have arrived.

ICSVFgBl.jpg

Before I even opened the case I had to look at the radiators and fans.  Then I got a little anxious.  Fans are going to look great!

4LzrBWWl.jpg

These case feet may finally find a home.  Finding these also reminded me I need to hit up the MNPCTECH web store and order a few things.

A1NZ1VNl.jpg

Now for the case.

I choose white because its {Heaven} and I wanted to add just a little {Hell} to it.

JaOsDcCl.jpg

(with side panels)

oEDkIEZl.jpg

(without side panels)

That's about as far as I'm going to get for now.  I have to go out of town this weekend for the military.  So the planning and modding will continue soon!  

So I finally got back to doing a few things.  Not a huge update as I'm still working on finalizing some of the custom design work.  I need to get better in 3D/CAD programs...

Stripped the case down to just the frame.  Everything came off easily.  Front and top panels pop right off.  Most of the internals where just held by a few screws.  I only had to grab the drill for the motherboard tray.  Too easy!

sStJMyGl.jpg

I wanted to use the MNPCTECH case feet I got from Bill awhile back, but they were a little short for mounting fans under the case.  So I just added them to the existing case feet.  Actually didn't turn out too bad.

O45CtV4l.jpg

HJgXsITl.jpg

All four in place. Does it look alright?

Time to mount the radiators so I can get some better measurements for the custom motherboard trays.

FU8BVgkl.jpg

Bottom and top radiator mounted. 

I placed the top cover back on and it is a few millimeters short. :(

VqhYukwl.jpg

Just by a few though...

FIgr1hTl.jpg

I think it will be really close to perfect if I remove the honeycomb plastic on the top filter.

HoXuimIl.jpg

Well that's it for now.  Back to designing some custom parts and saving my pennies for the needed hardware.  

Stay tuned!

Finally found someone that is proficient with 3D rendering.  So here is what this project will look like:

rUaJKhyl.jpg

The only differences will be the Motherboard trays.  They will be a little more themed when completed.

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit ... I had some issues with my house that came before the computer :( 

Will post some updates soon as I finally got working on this thing again.  So stay tuned