If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

noobas4urus

[AMD] Kaveri AMD APUs released today

Kaveri hits shelves today and full specs and pricing have been released.  The top end A10-7850K APU will run $173 and sports 4 CPU cores at 3.7Ghz/4.0 Turbo consuming 95W.  AMD has also released memory for use with the APUs with speeds up to 2400MHz.

AMD press release: http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-revolutionizes-2014jan14.aspx

I am too... I've only got one APU (it's a lower end, 65w model), but plan to get one of the Kaveri's for my Q30... I'm excited for the advancement of the APU's.  Love me some small HTPC action!

Newegg pricing is not bad. Micro center in only 10 bucks cheaper on the price for both. 

Would love to see some performance numbers on these suckers, and some new mobos would be appreciated. 

I agree with you guys, I'm excited to see what these can do.  I'm planning on using one for a new build unless they crash right out of the gate.  Concerning mITX boards, there's actually 2 decent options compared to a year ago.  ASRock and Gigabyte both have mITX boards with AMD's A88X chipset, supporting PCI-E 3.0, Ram speeds up to 2133MHz (2400 on the ASRock) and an on-board wifi.  Both are a $99 at the moment, the Gigabyte was $109 a week ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%20600474773%20600009028&IsNodeId=1&name=Mini%20ITX

I also noticed newegg's APU/RAM/BF4 combos got pulled.  When I check this morning newegg had APU/Ram combos paired with a free copy of BF4 but they were all sold out.  Went and checked again, the ad got pulled now.  They have pairings for other AMD CPUs but not the APUs.  Wonder if that will pop up again.

Only having 2 ITX board options for FM2+ is whats been keeping me from checking these out. Hopefully there are more options on the horizon.