Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kylevdm

Hello and Introductions

693 posts in this topic

Hello!

This is going to be a thread for you to introduce yourself to us, let us know a bit about you and where you are from, I will start!

Hello, my name is Kyle van der Merwe also know as Kylevdm, I am the host of The Mod Zoo podcast and have been around the modding scene since I was 14... I have a number of projects floating about you can see them all in my sub forum.

I split my time between Glasgow, UK and Brussels, Belgium neither have great weather....

Ahoy hoy

Most of you will know me from the MNPCtech Facebook page and to a latter extent from your nightmares

A professional moderator for several years turned Bill Owen's dogs body and minion

Freelance system builder, graphic artist, 3D animator, modder, tech reviewer and egomaniac all on one convenient package

Hello and Welcome!

I started Mnpctech in 2001 and modify PCs for high profile clientelle around the world. We also design and manufacture our own modding accessories which are available at online retailers that include frozencpu, kustompcUK and performance-pcs.

I live to mod in the frozen tundra, Minnesota

I've been doing computer software and testing since before PCs were invented. Retired now.

I've been modding computers since the early 1990s when we didn't even have a name for.

I'm glad to be here.

simple,humble,shy,retiring shunning the lime light these are just some of the words that go along way to not explaining what the hell i am .

Bull3t the man the myth the legend i am he .

Just a humble brother modder not a pro or even in gainful employ i am from the band of bedroom modders dremel type tool in one hand pillow in the other. only been in modding p.c's for a 2 or 3 year span i lose track is it the millieniuim yet . on to my 5rd case modd write now . more of a moderator than a pro modder set up and run several really annoying Facebook groups B)/> love the old graphic sketch up not shy to the old bf3 you may even see me on the you of the ol toob in a minecraft :ph34r:/>

Hello, my name is Bill Frick (Yes, it's really my last name and Please don't ask how I got it, I was kinda born into it) and I've been drooling all over myself looking at many past and current mod's.

I was dragged here screaming and kicking by Toby1Kanobi and have never bothered to look for an exit since I realized his curse was really a gift.

I currently reside in Spring Hill, Florida but claim Detroit as my original stomping ground.

Hello, my name is Bill Frick (Yes, it's really my last name and Please don't ask how I got it, I was kinda born into it) and I've been drooling all over myself looking at many past and current mod's.

I was dragged here screaming and kicking by Toby1Kanobi and have never bothered to look for an exit since I realized his curse was really a gift.

I currently reside in Spring Hill, Florida but claim Detroit as my original stomping ground.

greatiings oh holewy one of the eternal jest we are honoured

I've been doing computer software and testing since before PCs were invented. Retired now.

I've been modding computers since the early 1990s when we didn't even have a name for.

I'm glad to be here.

we are greating looking forward to the input your wisdom will gain us john

Hello my name is Guillaume Charron, also named Charleybwoy and im from Quebec,Canada. Im fairly new with modding but love to learn and watch all your insane creation. Im also watching your podcast, really like it. I recognize some familiar face, Glad to be here!

Hi this is Michael from mayhems.

I erm part own mayhems along with Steve who used to own Thermochill. I design all the liquids, Manufacture, Build all the hardware that makes it, do all the support for our products, Lables and website work and a load of other things.

Im dyslexic but that does not stop me doing what i do so if you see spelling mistakes there is no need to point them out to me ...

My back ground is i started off with a ZX Spectrum and was water cooling on that ... yes we put cold milk bottles on them to keep them cool ... hahaha

When i left school i spent 9 years in the British forces and my father before me was in there and i travelled the world.

Then i came out and went into computing were i was a self employed contractor and worked for many large Blue chip companies I all so worked for the government and gained a vast working Knowledge of PCs, server and software. I have been water cooling PC for a very long time and have build a few arcade system called C-Maccs 1 & 2 and have been featured in some media for them.

​Now a days i don't have much time for modding how ever still enjoy doing it when time allows how ever i keep a lot of it to my self.

So that is me ...

Hi, Scirocco here!

You may know me from other forums, such as Mod Brothers or bit-tech. My name is Christine and I am a 56-year old grandmother who enjoys all kinds of tech including building my own PCs and modding. Other interests include movies, music, needlework, crafts, cars and my darling granddaughter. Although currently disabled, I am hoping to have a couple of operations next year to correct this. After rehab, with any luck I'll be back in the workforce once more. In the meantime, I'm attending college to update my skills and gain some credentials in the IT area since I am mainly self-taught.

Really happy to see the new Mod Zoo forums! It will be great to share ideas and get to know you all or reacquaint with old friends.

Hi all!

I'm Peter Brands, live in Holland, married, got a lovely 2yr old daughter etc etc :)/>

I’m an electrician and mostly active on trawlers, vessels, onshore installations in industry, utilities and residential buildings.

I've been interested in PC's and gaming since I was 15. That's where I got the nickname L3pr@chaun. Got shortened and still use it as L3p ever since :)/>

Online gaming made me addicted getting the newest hardware. Back in those days hardware did count.

Til' a few years ago i found out PC's started to make more and more noise, the GTX295 was the step to go over on water cooling.

That's where my hobby changed 'a bit'.

At this moment, next to my other job, I'm a designer at Red Harbinger..... it's awesome! :)/>

Hello all,

My name is Olivier, I live in south of France, so all apologies for my english speaking :unsure:/>. I am 34. I started to be interested by computers and modding 1 year ago, since, I can't stop modding all the old computers i got :P/>

Since I have started the " Steam'n Geek " ( steampunk mod ), I am looking everywhere for new idea and good advise from competent people, so really glad to be here.

For the moment, I can't really work on my mods, cause we have just had our first baby ( oct. 26th ) and I don't want to make too much noise at home ;)/> . But I will re-start modding soon ( surely a new project for 2013 )

Bye

Nice to meet you all.

I'm Andrew, and I live with Bill in Minneapolis. Well, I don't live with him but you know what I mean. I got into building PC's when I was 12 and started watching Bill's videos. My dad and I went to work on my first build, and many after that. I was lucky enough to meet up with Bill earlier this year and started working with him... something I never thought would happen years earlier when I was learning everything from him.

I'm an information systems major graduating this fall, and I've got quite an extensive background in web development and application development. I like hardware, but can do the software stuff too ;)/>

Good morning folks, I'm confusis (CONFUsed psychoSIS)

Real name is John, folks have probably seen some of my..unique...mods around ;)/> I'm chief editor and moderator over at losias.net, as well as the host of the losias.net SFF podcast. I also have my own design projects under the Aurora Design Studio brand.

Hope to get to know y'all!

As always, I'm watching you!

0LXi.jpg

(not my pic but you get the idea)

Oh snap a lot of big names here!

Well, my turn I guess. My name is Jesse Lee Arbuckle (AKA Rognin), I'm in my thirties and live in Quebec, Canada. I work in remote sites in the service industry (food, cleaning, maintenance, security and retail). I've worked in the tar sands of Alberta and now working for Hydro Quebec on a 768Mw Hydro dam.

I started my humble beginnings not too long ago in May of 2011. I've been hooked and have been reading up on everything I can ever since that date.

Glad to be here!

Hello there! Like Jesse Lee said lots of big names in here....You guys are making me shy lol.

My name is Youri Vandevelde and I'm 22 years old. I'm from Belgium and still studying Japanology (I know it's not really related to my passion, which is everything PC related). I'm a language lover, always happy to learn and meet new people, getting to know them and their culture :)/> French, Dutch, English are my main languages but I understand Italian, German and Spanish. And like I said currently studying Japanese.

Also like everything game related....from new technologies to latest reviews of games...normally always up to date on those. Spend my time nosing around on the net, reading and watching everything I can and picking as much as I can along the way. I also watch series, movies and anime ...read books. Well I think I could go on like that lol.

Begin this year I've only begun to start digging into pc hardware...and now I'm totally absorbed by it. Following a lot of modders on FB and try to interact with them as much as I can even if it's to say "AWESOME and freaking beautiful etc" haha. I've met some incredible people...some of them are already on here ^^

Since I've hit / discovered the modding scene and awesome builds, I've grown very close to Red Harbinger and if you have any questions about it...just spam my inbox.

Happy to be here and can I say that this is one awesome looking forum!?

Ooo Ooo, my turn!

Greetings, my name is Trevor Foster and I'm the "computer friend" to everyone I know. Basically I'm that guy who gets the honor and privilege of fixing other people's machines more than he works on his own. When it comes to my own systems, I am a bit obsessive on detail and caught the modding bug in 2009. I have always built my own PCs from components and blame my business partner for getting me hooked on water cooling.

I was pretty active on Overclock.net during my first full out water cooling system build where I stuffed everything inside a HAF 922 mid-tower. ( http://www.overclock.net/t/569118/project-haf-envy-water-cooled-haf-922/0_50 - Mod of the Month Sep 2009). I'm still using that system as my main gaming rig today but have upgraded a few components (like a pair of water cooled GTX580s).

Work has kept me busier than I had anticipated this year so my next two personal builds are on hold until I can catch a break. Looking forward to hanging out and sharing with the rest of the animals in this modding zoo :)/>

Hi guys, my name is Sean Barbosa and live in San Diego Ca. I go by SEBAR on most forums and have been modding for only a short time but have been working with computers since I got my first computer in 1996. I was a MIS major in college but am not working in the field. :(/>

Hey y'all,

Peter Kani checking in from New Zealand.

I've been known as MasterP in a previous life over at Pimprig, Mod Nation and the Mod Brothers forums. Hopefully I haven't p!ssed any of you guys off if you've hung around there :)/>

I don't lurk much these days, I'm usually up to my neck in work - but I still enjoy taking my toys apart and (trying to) make them better.

See you all around!

Hey y'all,

Peter Kani checking in from New Zealand.

I've been known as MasterP in a previous life over at Pimprig, Mod Nation and the Mod Brothers forums. Hopefully I haven't p!ssed any of you guys off if you've hung around there :)/>

I don't lurk much these days, I'm usually up to my neck in work - but I still enjoy taking my toys apart and (trying to) make them better.

See you all around!

OMG ANOTHER KIWI MODDER! We're a rare bunch :S