If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

Kylevdm

Hello and Introductions

Hello.  My name is Kris and I have been building computers for just about 10 years now.  Until recently however the builds have been pretty basic and all air-cooled.  I am planning a pretty insane water-cooled build soon with a CaseLabs case and will need some killer advice.  Glad to be here and can't wait to start modding.

-Eazyice

Hello all. I've been trolling this site for a couple months now and am blown away by the creativity, talent, and genuine helpfulness throughout. It's overwhelmingly inspirational.

A little bit about myself, to answer the first question most people ask me... I'm not a stoner. I'm actually a mechanical / aeronautical engineer working in the UAV industry (direct contracts with the Air Force) and get drug tested often. My name comes from a gamer name that is ~ 15 years old and I'm too lazy to change my online identity. I have 10+ years experience in SolidWorks and Pro|E; additionally, I'm a licensed Simulation Professional. I have hands on machine shop experience (CNC Programming, sheet metal fabrication, welding,etc.). I'd really like to design from scratch but will most likely start by modding my current gaming rig - was initially thinking a "Back to the Future / DeLorean" theme.

I've been a PC builder / small time modder for a while but have lost touch with that part of my life as of recent. The past couple of months I've spent perusing this site have truly inspired me to hop back on the wagon and prove to myself that I can still do it. I look forward to posting some design concepts and starting my first project some time this year (promised my wife I'd sleeve her PS first -- happy wife happy life).

Personally I enjoy things like computer games, Star Wars, popular TV shows (e.g. Walking Dead <-- saw a sweet case mod for that, Game of Thrones, Impractical Jokers <-- funnies show on TV, etc.), building PCs for friends, exotic cars, motorcycles, really anything with an engine.

Nice to meet everyone!

- Sam a.k.a. 420Man

What's up guys, long time lurker, finally joined haha.  Currently in college, history major, comp sci minor, I've worked in IT for the last 4 years (since I could legally start working) and also do freelance system building on the side.  Never really done too much modding, at least none for show, some systems I've had to dremel out some custom cable routing or whatnot but for the most part, not done too much modding.  When I built my current system about a year ago I attempted to do some mods with some venting on top but my plans fell apart, my case currently looks like newegg got sick and this is what came up lol.  Anyway, definitely looking to start doing some modding both on customer's systems and as I start to upgrade mine because let's face it, a year without any major upgrades is embarrassing. nice to meet all you guys and i look forward to seeing more amazing work and maybe producing a little of my own

Hi !! My name is Héry (aka babouk). I'm 38 and I live inn Reunion Island, a very little French Island in Indian Ocean. I'm cooker and passionate in computers and photography (beginner -  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.429708210480972.1073741835.427671587351301&type=3  ).

carte110.jpg

I'm a beginner in modding, and I hope I'll certainly learn a lot in modding here.

I already started my first mod (nearly finished), the "Spider Spirit" https://www.facebook.com/spiderspirit1

Still some details to work out and I can go to the next for which preparations are underway.

My first mod is based on:

Hardware:

- Case: Xilence Interceptor Pro

- MB: MSI Big Bang XPower II

- CPU: Intel i7-3930k

- RAM: 8x 4Go G.Skill Ares 2133MHz

- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W + Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W

- GPU: 3x HIS HD7970 IceQ-X²

- SSD: Intel 520Series 180Go + 4x OCZ Vector 256Go + Samsung 840Evo 1To

- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2To

Watercooling:

- Rads: Phobya 480 G-Changer + 2x Phobya 360 G-Changer

- WB-CPU: XSPC Raystorm

- WB-GPU: 3x Swiftech Komodo HD7900

- Pumps: Alphacool VPP655-T12 + Tops Koolance COV-RP450 (Rev 2.0)

- Res: KOOLANCE RP-452X2 + 2x Phobya Balancer 150

- Fit: Monsoon

- Liquid: EK-Koolant Blood Red + UV Blue

- Rheobus: NZXT Sentrey LXE + Bitfenix Recon

- Fans: 12x BeQuiet Shadow Wings 120mm

217.jpg   tri-cr11.jpg  bequie16.jpg   phobya14.jpg

The choice for components of my  next mod "Bat Ô Fou" https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463037707148022.1073741844.427671587351301&type=3  already in my possession are:

- Asrock X79 Extreme 7

- i7-3930k

I think my introduction is complete :P

PS: sorry for some mistakes in my Shakespeare language ;)

Welcome to the zoo babouk, nice to see people come from all over the world to our little zoo. 

Thanks. The zoo is the good place for a "babouk". Babouk is a spider you can find here in  Reunion Island  http://www.mi-aime-a-ou.com/faune_babouc.php

I had this nickname when I was doing rock climbing, and that's why I choose this avatar and the name of my first mod.

Welcome new monkeys. :D

@Babouk - Until we get someone from Antarctica, I think you win most remote modder location.

Thanks. Computer/mod/geek culture has no frontier

welcome babouk!

coincidentally, our next podcast guest, Lee Harrington, is the guy who built the Yellow Stacker featured on yr facebook page  :D 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=632405076813738&set=pcb.632405243480388&type=1&theater

Thanks. I always look for nice modding, it's a good source of inspiration.

Hi everyone this is Fred Montymole Smith i am from UK i have been building and repairing PC's and Laptops for 14 years and been watercooling for about ten, i have watched the mod scene for many but decided to get involved recently and now want to share my work hope you want to have  look and enjoy.

Hello:

My name is Loran Lindberg; I have been modding and building my own computers for about 20 years. I never really felt the need to belong to a forum. But, I finally decided If I wanted to get noticed and show some of my work; maybe it could take me places. So, here we are on one of the greatest modding forums that I have been too. I have a college degree in Architecture and designing; and a degree in Graphic Arts. But, it has taken me no where. So, that is why I am here.

I decided to choose to seek out the modding forums in order to not just get noticed, but; to possibly get sponsered, or maybe to get employed with one of the great custom computer and water cooling companies out there to make a career of the fantastic hobby. And to further my building, and designing of my future projects in order to get my name out there and to develop and standing reputation in the computer modding community.

I would like to post a work log on my recent build for everyone to see. How would I go about uploading pictures, and descriptions to the forum? I looked throughout the forum and didn't see how to do this; is there a complete process on doing so?

Hello:

My name is Loran Lindberg;

-snip-

I would like to post a work log on my recent build for everyone to see. How would I go about uploading pictures, and descriptions to the forum? I looked throughout the forum and didn't see how to do this; is there a complete process on doing so?

Hey Loran, welcome to the Monkey zoo!

For images you need to use an external host (either your own host, or something like

imgr or w/e).

Then either link the image with the "image" button (right next to the <> icon in the

menu of the editor), or with BB code directly:

[img=http://yourimamgehost.com/image]

PS: Ssshht, don't tell anyone, but we actually have an "Edit" button here,

enables you to avoid making multiple posts right after one another. ;)

Have fun!

Howdy all, my name is Drew and I'm new to the zoo.  And that will be the end of my unintentional white guy rap.  While I'm active on Bit-Tech and Overclock.net, This is my first time on mod zoo.  Looking forward to posting my first build thread here that will be a tribute to fallen officers...so watch for it.

Have several other builds over on BitTech, including a Case-MOTM winner that was also featured in Custom PC last December.  Those Brits like their TARDIS stuff.  Have an in-progress Firefighter tribute over there now too.  I have a small business repairing PCs, building PCs and doing custom work.  Custom work is my favorite, but virus removal and LCD replacements pay the bills.  

Outside of PCs I like Jeeping, camping, and cooking with cast iron, which thankfully my wife and 3 kids like too.  Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome Drew! Can't wait to see the next build. Feel free to re-post any logs here that you want as well :)

I remember watching the Tardis build. Perfect mod for an FT03

Hi Everyone!

I'm finally here!! I do know ModZoo for a while now but I never took the time to register here!! But it's now done.

A few of my fellows from other sites are here like Snef, Hanoverfist, Father Fuzzy to only name a few.

Since i'm a fan of the work of Bill at MNPCTech this was also another place where the ModZoo was featured  :)

I own PC's for longer than I can remember but the modding frenzy only came to me a few years ago.  It was at the same moment I introduced myself with the watercooling "life".....what an addiction  :D

In the next days I will start a few worklogs posts to show you what i've done in the last years and also my current project.

As you will see i'm a hard fan of Case Labs cases. I currently own 4 of them  :wub:

Most of my rigs are built for folding since it's something I really care about.  But I also do gaming and I also work with some since i'm an IT consultant.

That's about it for now.

Take care everyone!

hey all, new to this modding thing but must say after seeing some of bills and others builds and im quite impressed and want to know more

Welcome to zoo zan6911, if you want to see more of Bill's builds than you have come to the right place. Feel free to check out some awesome work logs by our other members as well.