Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kylevdm

Hello and Introductions

698 posts in this topic

Helloooooo From the UK.

Some veterans may remember me from the PimpRig/PcApex days and then shortly after when Myself and Solid Necro took over Voided Warrenty/AppetiteForTech.

Anyway, Its been a while since I touched a PC or windows ( Yes I went to the darkside lol ) 

Im currently using a pos stone computers laptop on windows 10. 

I'm kinda thinking about building a new gaming rig / media centre but I'm so out of the loop on tech etc its not even funny lol!

Anyway, Im gonna have a browze and will no doupt talk to many of you soon enough. 

ps please excuse any typo's. I just got out of hospital so spelling is not really a priority to me at the moment :P 

Hello, been a while since I've had fun on a PC forum... like back when Trubritar's forum was around and active... looking forward to getting back into the forum life.

More of a lurker than a builder in the past life, but my current rig has got a bit more customisation, so hopefully something cool may develop.

Hope to have some parts for my Gaming rig in the not too distant future, and progress some CAD models / renders of the impending CAD rig - so expect piccies ;)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael, and I live in Brisbane, Australia. It's a glorious sunny but cool-ish day as we head into summer here....  jealous much?

I joined here after asking the google-monster to find me the best case modding forum.. this seemed to be it.

This forum seems to be really good when it comes to having lots of reference material, "how to's" and supportive constructive members.  I hope it's sufficiently active.

Project wise I have just built a dual system/one case setup in a Phanteks Enthoo Mini-XL case.  What an absolute pain.  Nothing wrong with the case itself but I still have issues to solve around case fan controls etc....

Vlad's advice No 1 : if anyone suggests you do a two system/one case build.. run screaming.  Or just cut yourself repeatedly while flushing money down the toilet. It'll be less painful and cheaper in the long run.

I'll do a thread on the joys of it at some point....

This left me with my old system and an unrequited urge to build a steampunk computer. Now I have seen a few of the SP efforts on this forum - particularly EVIE - and very much doubt I'll achieve that level of awesome but I'll give it a good go. 

Currently just in the concept stage, collecting ideas etc, but it will have a steamship theme. I was going to do a railway theme but this lets me work in the 'Kraken' a bit better....

So...  G'day :)

13 hours ago, vladtepes said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael, and I live in Brisbane, Australia. It's a glorious sunny but cool-ish day as we head into summer here....  jealous much?

I joined here after asking the google-monster to find me the best case modding forum.. this seemed to be it.

This forum seems to be really good when it comes to having lots of reference material, "how to's" and supportive constructive members.  I hope it's sufficiently active.

Project wise I have just built a dual system/one case setup in a Phanteks Enthoo Mini-XL case.  What an absolute pain.  Nothing wrong with the case itself but I still have issues to solve around case fan controls etc....

Vlad's advice No 1 : if anyone suggests you do a two system/one case build.. run screaming.  Or just cut yourself repeatedly while flushing money down the toilet. It'll be less painful and cheaper in the long run.

I'll do a thread on the joys of it at some point....

This left me with my old system and an unrequited urge to build a steampunk computer. Now I have seen a few of the SP efforts on this forum - particularly EVIE - and very much doubt I'll achieve that level of awesome but I'll give it a good go. 

Currently just in the concept stage, collecting ideas etc, but it will have a steamship theme. I was going to do a railway theme but this lets me work in the 'Kraken' a bit better....

So...  G'day :)

Welcome to The Zoo Michael!  The idea of doing a dual system build to me, seems silly.  I mean, why would you put 2 sets of hardware in 1 case, when you could get twice as many mod projects out of it!

Hi i'm Chris aka ImmodderNation. Long time lurker, finally decided to create an account. I have two builds, one is a watercooled core i7 930 that has bit the dust (RIP) and my newest build is a Skylake 6700k in a Thermaltake Core V31 that I plan to case mod. It will be "the creamsicle" in an orange and white color scheme.  

I'm also starting a YouTube channel that will showcase my mods and provide some tutorials. I do computer mods too, but most of my mods are of other electronics, so i'll probably be in "Non-PC worklogs" section alot. 

Mosquito i'm a big fan of Visible Contrast and i've seen a resurgence of monitors in cases since ibuypowers pc at PAX West.

Hello , I hope I did this right ? Reply to this topic ? sorry been years since I've been to a fourm.

I use to MoD weapons for the FBI clan a long time ago back in 06 08 Call of Duty 2 I ran the servers and made the weapons mods and so on.

I have alway had a thing for doing it my self. I see I'm in good company here. Im a retired Drag racer and amateur Pc builder. I'm in no way in the

same league as you guys here but I love to learn. Anywho Hope i did this correct.

Welcome to the New Munkys! 

Every Sunday at 4pm CST we do our staff Hangout Live Stream, and always enjoy interacting with you guys in the live chat!

Hi my name is federico and is my pleasure to meet you in the forum i love overclocking water cooling and the new (new for me because is my first case EVGA) EVGA DG-87 that arrived at my home the next week ;) 

1 hour ago, federico.meneghini said:

Hi my name is federico and is my pleasure to meet you in the forum i love overclocking water cooling and the new (new for me because is my first case EVGA) EVGA DG-87 that arrived at my home the next week ;) 

Awesome dude, welcome to the zoo!

Hello!  My name is Robert, online I go by Binge or Bingecaps, and I run a small arts/casting outfit called Hunger Work Studio tailored toward keyboard enthusiasts.

Long time PC enthusiast, modder, and DIYer.

Yesterday was my first introduction to your community by invite to the Mod Zoo webcast.  Hope to make some memories here.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:09 AM, Binge said:

Hello!  My name is Robert, online I go by Binge or Bingecaps, and I run a small arts/casting outfit called Hunger Work Studio tailored toward keyboard enthusiasts.

Long time PC enthusiast, modder, and DIYer.

Yesterday was my first introduction to your community by invite to the Mod Zoo webcast.  Hope to make some memories here.

Welcome Robert, and we hope to have you back in our Hangout again sometime!

So. Yeah, I've been lurking around for ~two weeks now, eagerly watching the question thread for the upcoming STaff Hangout Episode for which Bill was kind enough to invite me. I'm still blown away by the craftmansship of most of the mods that can be seen here - really awesome stuff going on!

I'm looking forward to sunday and talk/chat with all of you!

Hello,

My name is Joel and i come from one of those cold places called Finland. I have been building computers and making some smaller mods for several years now but finally decided to make my first scratch build: Project blizzard.

Thought if would be the perfect place to post my first build on and hopefully get to know som new people. I am also really into overclocking currently placed 33rd in Finland on HWBOT.

19 hours ago, Jokot said:

Hello,

My name is Joel and i come from one of those cold places called Finland. I have been building computers and making some smaller mods for several years now but finally decided to make my first scratch build: Project blizzard.

Thought if would be the perfect place to post my first build on and hopefully get to know som new people. I am also really into overclocking currently placed 33rd in Finland on HWBOT.

Awesome dude, Welcome to the Zoo!  Look forward to following along :)

Hey, just joined the forums and wanted to introduce myself. I have been modding/modder PC for the last few years which started as custom sleeved cables and now making custom parts using my new OX CNC. I look forward to contributing to this community as well as learn from fellow users. I have attached a few photos of my recent work and will probably be creating a build log of a scratch build i'm planing in the coming months.

--James

IMG_7395.JPG

20706352_10155744986997268_1343027285_o.jpg

20726967_10155744986862268_886625810_o.jpg

Cool man, welcome to the zoo! Look forward to the project log.  Always love me a good scratch build :)

Just spent the day lurking and reading through some work logs and random posts.  

Can i just say that it's so nice so see a real "Modding Community" with some good old skool modding. What some of the build logs are producing is a total mind blow. ( no names )  It's a credit to what Bill and others have created here.  

Nowadays  my time is pretty much taken up with Car headlight and Tail light mods now.. (they actually pay some bills ) but out of the need for something a little different or totally insane or possibly just a piss take on the whole direction "PC Mods" is going (RE:Weekly hangout 48) i'm having a bit of fun with maybe one last case mod :)

And at the same time spend a bit more time with one of the best communities the internet has to offer.

Cheers D.

Awesome to have you join us in the Mod Munky Cage!

also Hope that you could be future guest for our Hangout, it would be 9am, Monday for you, according to time conversion.