Kylevdm

Hello and Introductions

OH HAI GUYS...

Hello people, most of you vaguely know me from a whole host of forums etc, but mostly from Bit-Tech were I had my name in pretty red letters. I occasionally mod when I leave my flat in central London and get some time at my family home, but that's not very often, so I wouldnt hold your breath for anything to materialise any time soon!

But anyway.. I shall be splashing my own brand of sarcastic English humour on your forums, so enjoy.

Hello Mankz, as a fellow londoner and flat dweller let me say as long as you've got a balcony you can mod ;)/>

but only in summer ;)/>

workspace01.jpg

That's my modding space

Hello everyone!

My name is François, I'm 17, I live in Canada and as you probably have figured out from my name, I speak french. My PC related history isn't nearly as impressive as most of the people on here but here it is anyway: I started getting interested about 4 years ago to PCs after a friend got me into the impressive and fast-paced world of PCs. Since then, I've built 4 PCs for friends, modified the Alienware I used to own and built myself my very first PC, "Blu." (The final pictures are in the member worklogs :)/> ). I also play a lot of badminton, I am interested by pretty much anything but I especially love art, design, photography, cars and, obviously, computers. :P/> I'm still in school and I'm planning to go to university in either industrial design or some kind of engineering. (that may change though :)/> ).

Now here come the "Express facts about me":

-Favorite color: Blue

-Favorite game: HL2

-Nvidia or AMD?: Whichever is the best for the build

-Favorite car: Tesla Model S

-Favorite music: Anything that's different and good (I mostly listen to electro)

-Favorite lightbulb: Philips Hue

-Weirdest movie I've ever seen: a tie between Rubber and Black Dynamite

-Favorite fruit: Mangoes

-Least favorite food: Cauliflower dipped in chocolate (Trust me, it's gross)

-Favorite type of pizza: All-Dressed

-Favorite forum: this one.

-Weirdest introduction post: this one.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell (not literally. i'm not that small). You guys have done great work on the forum and the community here is awesome! :D/>

Thumbsup.gif

Michael here. After listening to the latest podcast, and the discussion of a place that escaped the negativity of some of the other online communities out there, I just had to come and register. I would never want to escape constructive criticism, but there's some downright nasty stuff out there.

Anyway, I'm a relatively new modder, but have been building my own PC's since I was 15 (14 years ago now), mostly as a cost effective way to let me play games. Competitive gaming is my other passion. As I got older, tastes became more specific and refined, and more importantly, I began to have disposable income, my focus on hardware and cases grew. This of course transitioned to water cooling and case modding. So here I am.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Hey all Im Vincent from Auckland NZ, I started out working cars..lost my license.. moved onto bmx's when I moved into the centre city (progressively built them better and better until I ended up with a custom sub rosa based $2500 bmx...that lead me into computer modding.

I also build custom lightsabers,blaster and star wars costumes from scratch. (thats me in my Mando BountyHunter costume with Temurea Morrison in my pic)

My whole build is budget as Im trying to get myself self employed and every penny is needed for now. I have an Aywun case that I have chopped up and sealed up a bit for better cooling.

As I only tuned turbo charged cars (mostly Mazda's) I always built them cold air induction boxes for positive,cold airflow and thats what I build my computers like. no silly unnecessary vents or holes. I found sealing up the little cracks and extra vents reduced my case temp by 3-5c in the summer.

So all my stuff will always be based around the principle of positive airflow. I would very much like to experiment with a fully turbocharged system operating under positive boost.

Anyway Im still a noob to modding computers but I do know my way around a workshop and a soldering iron. so as I get the financial resources I will continue to build more stuff.

Also Cheap dude your my hero..exactly my kind of work...I need to show you my custom lightsabers made from recycled brass and copper

OH oh I signed up because I started watching the mnpc tech mod vids on youtube and then watched the latest mod zoo pod cast and you honestly sounded like a good bunch of dudes..so here I am :)/>

@michalius, welcome! glad you discovered our Podcast!

@compeer, welcome, I would love to do an old school BMX tribute theme build someday... REDLINE, MONGOOSE, KUWAHARA bikes where the highlights of my childhood, before I could get my driver's license.

Well I'm from southern Ohio, I am currently enrolled in school for Comp TIA+. Just recently got into modding thanks to stumbling upon themozoo podcast and learning about Mnpctech. I am a Heating and Air tech but currently laid off :(/> the reasoning for goin back to school lol. I have a lot of experience in sheet metal forming and i figured since I build computers as a hobby why not put the 2 together! I'm no Bill Owen but i have a few tricks up my sleeves *looks around* hrm....I seem to have cut the sleeves off my shirt...as soon as i find em I'll find those tricks :)/>

Hi folks

I'm Rich from Wales in the Uk, been around a fair while and glad to be here at the Mod Zoo. I haven't modded anything for a little while and have been getting the itch again although money is a little tight as i've recently gone back into education to study music technology. Guess i'll have to get inventive on a budget ! :D/>

I'm Mosquito, and also less well known as Chris. I'm from the twin cities area, MN. I've only been in the modding scene for abotu 2 years, since I modded an IBM PC-AT, and then went on to do 4 wooden scratch builds. I've been building PCs for about 6 years now, though. My other main hobby is woodworking, primarily with hand tools, so that's where I spend the rest of my free time that I'm not browsing.

Hiyas

i'm ben, and from Denmark.

i'v just returned to the world of modding. i did a ok mod years back but never really been on any forums so far.

on a daily basis i work with software testing

Welcome everyone!:D Seeing some new folk in here with a lot of old pals.

It has occurred to me that I didn't do an introduction. I'm cheapskate, and I'm the first person to ever be banned from the ModZoo. I think I banned myself playing with the admin console, but hey...

I'm a long-time modder, and got mixed up with a bad crowd (Bill) during the Nvidia Ion contest. I've been giving bad advice ever since.

Wow, I just read a few pages and wanted to say welcome to all my brothers in the modding community.

Also I don't remember if I introduced myself so, hi my name is Brian White and I like to cut holes in cases.

I'm not good at intros... been messing with computers since 6th grade when my parents finally let me use an old DOS machine with a "fancy" dot matrix printer that was years old. I quickly moved to breaking their Gateway machine all the time (broke more than once as I kept fixing it lol).

I moved on to building my own machine (go AMD Duron chips wohoo!!) and just grew from there... my other hobbies include auto/rally cross and tinkering with my car.

I moved April '12 to MN from Ohio for work and discovered MNPCTech - I won't admit how many times I saw the name before I realized mnpctech was a place in Minnesota lol.

Hello my name is Gabriel (holly sh.. that totaly sounded like an AA meetnig XD )

i come form country far away - Slovenia :)

I'm somehow new to the whole modding, was unemployed had nothnig to do - oh look a case, that needs a new grill ...

So far i made 2 cases. The first one i use myself the second one is still W.I.P. if i will have the time and € i will post the pictures and progres from beginning to the end to the forum - which is realy realy cool.

That's for now, hope to see you in the next meeting XD

Hi Modders, My name is Dave and i'm from Adelaide South Australia and i've been following Bill and other modders for some time now, while i don't mod alot i do like gather tips and tricks to improve my setups. Most of the time you'll find me on OCAU (BigDave) or on OCN (BadDad62) When i'm at work i drive a fork lift at Coke a Cola.

Welcome to the zoo guys! We have such an international group here, it's incredible. We even have people here from the imaginary land called Texas where everything is bigger and better. And I live in Oklahoma the land that nobody wanted, even the Indians. Some where out there is a mad monkey and a guy with a big Dully with a lot of Gun's coming to take me out. It's a good thing gas is so expensive that they won't be able to make it to me. lol

Hello

My name is Peter I am from Denmark, im 17. I like to lurk on forums and just watch modders make awesome things. However i now have a bad case of the mod bug, first victim was my 500r now im working on my TJ-07.