Kylevdm

Hello and Introductions

Hi TMZ. My name is Naj and I'm from the Philippines. I'm a proud member of DCW (Davao City Wired) pc enthusiasts and overclocker's group. We have a yearly event here called DCE (Davao Cyber Expo) where we showcase our rigs and have games and contest's. Bill actually is a member and has seen some of our members mods and rigs. I'm also preparing some mods for my bitfenix entry this coming DCE. Hope to learn and meet new friends here at TMZ. More power!

Welcome to the Mod Zoo najRazael. I am always amazed at all the different places that people come from that are into modding. Love to see you post pictures of your rig when you get time. XD Also Hi peter love your build.

Hello everyone! my name is nate, i'm currently living in hawaii, am in the air force, going to school full time at Full Sail University for computer animation, and have a family. I've been building computers ever since I was in high school. My art teacher's husband ran a computer repair shop, so I got hooked up with a job. so I've built my share of pcs, both air and water cooled. Didn't get in to modding too much until the last watercooling pc I built about 5 years ago. I've been on macs for school and am finally coming up on graduating, so I've been slowly dying to build another PC. As I was spinning myself back up on the industry, I came across Bill's videos and then I felt like smegul craving the ring... I had to have more. So, I'm starting a new build in a HAF XB that I plan to do an Iron Man theme to. I look forward to seeing all the projects here and getting fat off all the computer knowledge you guys want to share.

@onevoicewild

Will post pics of my rig soon.

@Bill Owen

The honor is mine. Our forums will be updated soon with modding section added.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Welcome Natron614 I am an Air Force baby! I was born on Vance Air Force Base Long,Long A go. I wanted to thank you for your service! I have the greatest respect for our military and I can't wait to see what all that high end Schooling will bring to the group. That Kind of creativity really serves you well in Modding. Any way before I go into full rant - HI

Hey folks, I'm Chris, I build software and live in VA with the wife and 3 crazy kids... Ive been on computers basically my whole life, starting with a Tandy of all things, for shame...lol I had put them together and stuff but, never considered modding. I just wanted to use them as tools to get things done and have fun. Sure, I had seen some lights in cases and stuff, but never any real computer mods. But one day while researching buying a new machine, I ran into TheModNation... I got hooked immediately on the ongoing video series, particularly the videos of the Ghostrider build and all the others that were out about the same time. I watched and read the forums there and on pimprig, being blown away by the PR tribute project on the latter. Anyway, I followed along and lurked and watched and read for a very long time. Never feeling like I could really pull a project off, but really enjoying the scene and information. Fast forward a few years and I got into building up mountain bikes, procured some tools, started doing more of my own home improvements. Recently I re-discovered the mod scene, seeing the Shiny PC did it... :) blew me away. Got motivated to get a project going myself, and lead me to these new digs here at The Mod Zoo... So, here I am, and I am glad to be here. I will try to contribute some semblance of a build log on the mess I am creating at some point. :)

Hey Panas, I'm Israel (Pirra), i live in Central Amercia, in the Tiniest Country of the continent. El Salvador. I'm into the PC thing since i was in 5th grade, whe i got my very first computer.

Since them i always been interested in PC world. All my life i've been gamer. And Since 2004 i became interested in the hardware, al start when I need to change a Hard drive and do it myself, with the only guide of the internet.

Since then I start to build my owns PCs. In 2007 i Learn from a friend of the case modding thing, and i love it since the beginning. I mod my first 80mm fan, the mod was to change the LED light that it has for all blue LEDs. Since then i modify a couple of cases: I do some windows, change some Hardrives cages, painted, do blowholes. But I never got a big project likes you do.

I fall Bill's videos since 2008, i got several idea from there. Right now a got project, I'm modding a HAF 912. But because my boring Monday to Friday job, i almost have no time to my project. But i'm gonna finish... someday.

By the way, i got a university degree in Business administration and i had a master in Finance Adminsitration... but i really love the PCs, the case modding and the electronics. I work for a Telecomunication company, so i'm very expose to the new launches of smartphones and tablets. Almost everybody got suprised when they see that my hobby is with PC and modding... a complete different world form my career... but WhatAhell.... is what i like and really enjoy to read Bill's posts, to see his videos and to follow the project from the top modders of the world (like Bill, L3P, Cheapskate, etc etc).

I heard your episodes and I really like them. We have many things in common. So when i heard it i decide to make my presentation and be part of this community.

In my country we have a very small community, and i'm also part of a colombian community.

Someday maybe i got al my logs in proper order im post some pic here... but as i tall you before, my project are very very very basic compared to the ones you do.

Saludos.-

Welcome Pirra - Glad you came to the Zoo. We love all levels of modders here, I'm fairly new to modding myself but I enjoy the challenge of trying to get the materials to conform to my Ideas and learning new techniques. Their are some really big names here but they are the good ones and help all of us with ideas and share their experience. This is truly an international affair.

In terms of "modding" I'm also not very experienced in it. I have done 1.5 "mods" so far (working on a server mod, and Bill helped with that). Otherwise, the other 4 projects I've done were wooden scratch builds

Good afternoon one and all. I'm bulldogjeff (Jeff). I've been around the modding scene for a couple of years so there are few people on here that probably know me. I've Just manged to join. For some strange reason it has taken me ages to be able to join this forum, it just wouldn't let me on.

I have a feeling Bill blocked me for fear of a bling overload..lol :D

I haven't been modding much lately, but at some point later on I will put up a very short log of my most recent build.

Welcome guys! And Thank you for taking time to introduce yourselves!

@Pirra, do you listen to our podcasts? We try to cover all facets with listener Q&As

@Jeff, Good to see you! Many people had the same issue, and its finally fixed!

Greetings all,

My name is Stuart (noobas4urus to the interwebs) and I'm from Buffalo, Minnesota here in the states. I'm new to the modding community, in fact I didn't know such a community existed until a few months ago. I was researching parts for a new PC and fell deeper and deeper into the black maw of PC modding until I landed here. :lol:

I built my first PC (no mods) ten years while I was in high school and digressed into a MacBook for college. I've been itching to build for many years now and am excited to bring my game up to a new level.

noobas4urus, welcome! Always good to find fellow Minnesotans :-) The black maw of pc modding... yeah, welcome to that too, you're in good company! :-D

howdy, i'm a felloww texas nerd looking to build simple clean pc's

i'm currently working on my first custom pc by adding all the elements i know about metal fab, from doing work on my el camino. pc assembly and the like. i am 21 years old and love customizing everything, some of you know what's it's like to be able to make something and people be like dang man that's nice! how much it cost? the response? lot's of time on my hands and a little cash. i'm sure bill knows all about what it feels to be able to point at something and be like yeah you see that over there? that's mine and you can tell because it describes me. am eager to learn how to scratch build ever since i have been building pc's for the last 6 years i have been intriguied on how i can make a pc from scratch. i have been tracking kiers scratch builds for a little less than 5 months now, and has got me itching to build one. not much about me you should know besides i'm a noob at case modding but my ever growing immagination and sense of art drives me to make it look awesome and perform just as good as it looks. like my el camino which has been in the works for a whole year, my pc is going to be designed around me and not the standard platform afterall that's why we love steel right? lol

Hi I'm Paul Lawrence from good ole blighty aka uk. My modding skills are pants so won't go there, instead ordered the Jack o latern mod from PPCs. Thank you E.E.L. For A) upto date information on the mod and B) one Sweeeeeet build. :)

Other than that I did make second place in the UK in custom pc magazine for building one super cooled fridge of a pc that kept the cpu at minus 15 on a 35% overclock whilst the radeon 9700 was cooled with good ole h20.

Why didn't I make first? Was daayumn well let down as the SCSI 360 controller hadn't arrived in time - so all disc benchmarks were carried out on a 120 gb maxtor eide. That avg really let me down... daayumn those were the days.

Been a mac boy since - but now it's time for another PC build. Looking forward to every minute of it.

Welcome Paulawr Those E.E.L. - PPC custom cases are beautiful! I have drooled over them many times and wanted to buy but I was afraid that anything I could do to it would only ruin something that is beautiful as is. So I decided to ruin someone else's work that can't find me. HA ha. Glad you can to TMZ

Well fail on my part for not seeing this thread sooner. I'm still learning the site. Now a little introduction for me.

Hi, my name is Jon. I'm 27 and a father to the 3 most awesome kids in the world. I'm also married to the best woman in the world who hasn't killed me yet for constantly messing with PC's and our Jeep. I live in northern Missouri and I swear that one day I'm going to drive my butt up to one of the modders meets just so I can see some of the insane stuff that you guys come up with. I'm an automotive technician by trade at a Ford dealership, but oddly enough I've never owned a Ford. I've just never found the right deal on one I guess. But computers are my hobby/escape from the daily routine.

I've known about MNPCTECH for a little while, been to the site several times. But didn't really know much about it, Bill, or The Mod Zoo until I started following the builds of Andrews Rebel Alliance Cosmos II, and the FrozenCPU build from Bill @ MNPCTECH over on the EVGA forums. I'm completely amazed by the attention to detail and the creativity of the work I've seen done. I spent some time on the MNPCTECH site browsing and then watching the modding guide videos, and eventually clicked on the link to The Mod Zoo. I've been jumping all around here trying to gain as much knowledge and perspective on things as I can. So thank you to those who have already chimed in on a couple topics I've asked about. And also thanks everybody who helps with the Pod Cast, I'm only through 5 episodes but I'm working on catching up. I love the format and the no holds barred opinions. Anyway, thanks for cool place to hang out and hopefully learn.

I personally have a pretty short modding history if that's what you want to call it. I've been messing with computer since about 2005. But until last year only assembled them and played with them. In 2011 I built my first water cooled machine in a mid tower case with a 360 rad hanging off the back. I couldn't stand the look so I went up for a full tower. I found a used 800D from a local EVGA member and got it. Loved how easy it was to water cool, and work in. But my old AMD setup wasn't cutting it anymore. So I set my sights on an EVGA SR-2. But wait and SR-2 is HPTX and the 800D only fits ATX. Hmmm, what to do. So I decided to give Mountain Mods a call and got an HPTX motherboard tray and I/O plate. Then I set out on the fun journey of cutting the guts out of a $250 case. Never thought I'd be able to do that. Well I got that all done, then decided the 360mm rad in the top wasn't going to cut it, so out came the "rotary tool" and the hole was enlarged to 480mm and a Koolance shroud was installed to fit fans in push pull. I never got to the point of being able to say I was done with it. It still needed some attention paid to wire management, and it really needed some kind of shrouding for the lower compartment with the PSU wiring being all over the place but sadly in June of last year I ran into some money issues and parted that machine out. I still have the empty shell of that case laying in the Garage and look at it every once in a while.

Well I've started on my new build, it's going to be a very long slow build. It's in a Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Super Tower. First thing I did was removed all the HD cages, because I don't need 10 drive bays and I needed space for radiators. Second thing was replacing the mesh panel in the side with a window. I chickened out on the window and sent it out to be done :( It went to Performance-PCs to be done (So Jeremy if that was you that did my window thank you I love it and sorry if I was a PITA!). Thats about as far as it's gotten so far. I did just order some LED's for some mood lighting in the case, and I'm going to have to make some fan extensions and that soon. In the end it won't be a hardcore mod like what a lot of you guys do. But it will be mine and that's all I want. And hopefully I can find some places to use some of the cool stuff from MNPCTECH. Because I'd love to be able to give back something for the generosity that Bill has already shown me. So Thank you Bill you know what I'm talking about.

Sorry this turned into such a long post I really didn't mean for it to be this long, lol.

Welcome Jon! So happy to have you be a part of our community! and Thank you for the Awesome Introduction!!  B)

Thank you, and IDK about awesome, long winded is more like it.

ZoPHaR, ZoGOoD :D  Glad to see you here bro!

Thanks, glad to see a familiar face. Now to come up with some ideas that will make my current project worthy of this site.

Hello!  My name is Will.  Looks like a lot of familiar names.  I have been on c2cmods, and here so far.  I am just looking for mod ideas and a good community.  I have been watching MNPCTech vids off youtube for a while.  I was really hooked after seeing videos on Andrew's "Rebel A" project. 

The vid logs and tutorials that Bill has put up have been extremely informative.  I have an odd question though.

Is that comp still stuck to the window?  I found it a great demonstration on the tapes stickiness and it was funny.