23RO_UK

[Cases] The NZXT H440 Picture Thread, one to watch out for I think...

It looks like NZXT have stepped up to the plate to lock horns with Phanteks, Meet the new H440 Mid Tower -

Available in black/white

G8LyQsZ.jpg

dWEne4q.jpg

8OEPE3g.jpg

5aYHok5.jpg

ZKr7gUi.jpg

xmiVkX3.jpg

WMZJT3i.jpg

bGnNgCE.jpg

AOcLgrN.jpg

And red/black

mN7WmHw.jpg

kmIx6oY.jpg

l7AT4s0.jpg

XeOy11z.jpg

MeJjUsk.jpg

veh1Lrm.png

JMZsL1U.jpg

3kYe0cw.jpg

Retailing for less than £100 in the UK I predict this will be a huge seller.

The black and red looks really good. My only issue with getting rid Of the drive bays in big tower is that you lose space for Bay reservoirs.

But agree that It's time to lose the 5.25" bays. Let's hope others follow it as well.

The triple deep rad possibilities sell it for me!!!  :wub:

Certainly one for my shopping list  :D

Like Jesse I'm becoming a serial case collector  :lol:   :P   ;)

Unfortunate they couldn't include one drive bay for something like Aquaero devices or other fan controllers.  That's a pretty big deal breaker for a lot of people.

Unfortunate they couldn't include one drive bay for something like Aquaero devices or other fan controllers.  That's a pretty big deal breaker for a lot of people.

I was actually thinking the same thing, myself. I know that no one admits to still using a 5.25" drive (though I do from time to time), but until no one makes things to go in a 5.25" bay (fan controllers, bay res, memory card readers, etc) I feel like one should be available, even if only optional... Especially something as geared towards having many fans on a radiator as this.

I was actually thinking the same thing, myself. I know that no one admits to still using a 5.25" drive (though I do from time to time), but until no one makes things to go in a 5.25" bay (fan controllers, bay res, memory card readers, etc) I feel like one should be available, even if only optional... Especially something as geared towards having many fans on a radiator as this.

On one hand I agree with you both but on the other hand with motherboard manufacturers like Asus in effect making mother board headers mini PWM hubs and Swiftech with their PWM header hub available not forgetting the new EK hub/controller; further with little or no effort the Aquaero can be retro fitted internally (the vast percentage of it's features are software enabled anyway).

With the Aquaero I think it's more a visible bling bragging rights sorta thing most of the time with some.

Personally I'm a firm advocate for losing the 5.25" bays but agree it won't be a chassis for everyone (you can't please everyone all of the time in this instance springs to mind).

On one hand I agree with you both but on the other hand with motherboard manufacturers like Asus in effect making mother board headers mini PWM hubs and Swiftech with their PWM header hub available not forgetting the new EK hub/controller; further with little or no effort the Aquaero can be retro fitted internally (the vast percentage of it's features are software enabled anyway).

With the Aquaero I think it's more a visible bling bragging rights sorta thing most of the time with some.

Personally I'm a firm advocate for losing the 5.25" bays but agree it won't be a chassis for everyone (you can't please everyone all of the time in this instance springs to mind).

Without going toooooooo off topic, I would say that I would have agreed with the above statement a while ago, but after using the new Aquaero 6, I'm sold on its abilities. With that said, I'm only using it for charting and other stuff, and do agree that an mobo fan control solution trumps any fan controller out there. 

After looking more at this case, here are my thoughts:

The Bad: 

1. Air flow - you are marketing this as great for water cooling, but the front has no openings (just the side). This setup would work for a basic system but I'm not sure how the fans performance will be impacted. 

2. 5.25" bay - It is nice to see that they have finally removed it, but would like to see some creative options like case labs offers to allow use of bay reservoirs. 

3. Space Wasted - With the amount of space that they used to HDD cages, I would have loved to see NZXT stick to their sliding drive cage option. 

The Good:

1. Price - for $119, this is a heck of a deal.

2. Rad options - Perfect for a typical build (1 CPU and 2 GPUs)

3. HDD options - 5 I think is good for a typical builder.

4. Unique - I will give kudos to NZXT for trying something different, and defying the norm

Now a request to NZXT - Where is the Version 2 of the Switch 810?

I can think of one gripe that still bugs me with cases in general (this one included).

Please please please get rid of the pass through hose holes and rubber covers on the back walls of cases  :angry:

If you insist we need them then there are drills and PCI plates to facilitate this...

I can think of one gripe that still bugs me with cases in general (this one included).

Please please please get rid of the pass through hose holes and rubber covers on the back walls of cases  :angry:

If you insist we need them then there are drills and PCI plates to facilitate this...

Haha good point, we need to get rid of those before the 5.25" drive bay. 

Haha good point, we need to get rid of those before the 5.25" drive bay. 

Ok to sum up...

No tubing holes and a single 5.25" drive bay required  :D

Didn't take to long to flesh out, so what takes case maufacturers so long to twig to this???  :wacko:

:lol:  ;)