Rhinofart

Looking for a little help wiring Anti-Vandal Switch

Hey guys. I just stumbled across this site this evening. I can't believe I haven't come across it before. I'll have to post up my project I'm working on right now here.

As part of my re-build, I've decided to get a couple of Latching Anti-Vandal switches to control some of the different lighting aspects inside my case. I just can't for the life of me figure it out. I have the illuminated ring come on OK, but when I hook the LED strips up to the switch, no matter how I have it they don't light up. Do I need to supply power to the NO / NC terminals as well? My switch has LED +, LED -, CO (common ground), NO, and NC.

Any assistance you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

NO - normally open

NC - normally closed. 

You want to run your LED strips by connecting 12v to common, and the strip to a ground connection and the Normally open pin. This way, when you press the switch, it closes the circuit and your LED strips are on.

The LED pins are to power the LED inside the switch. 

I could be wrong though :P

LOL wow! That was fast! Thanks for the info. I was wiring them as Power going to the LED +/-, and then just the NO / NC and CO to the strips.

I'm going to go try that out now, and see if I can get them working.

Thanks a bunch!

You only want to connect one of the NO/NC to the strip - or else it wont be usable as a switch XD

Right now I have a vandal resistant switch as my test bench power. LED+/- is connected to the board's HDD led header, and NO + common are connected to the power  button pins :)

Thanks helping out Confusis. I've had issues with these dumb things before too lol. I know which pins I need to connect to, just can't for the life of me read which ones are which lol