Cheapskate

Bit Tech under new management.

It took 2.5 weeks for one of our forum members to have his registration approved on bit....

I've been seeing alot of people from bit joining and sharing their builds on the zoo. I still enjoy following the projects on bit when time allows, lots of good friends in both communities

I miss the old-old B-T....  was my 1st home away from home for a looooong time.  The current crop of....users....really kinda killed it for me; a sentiment shared with a few folks here @ the Zoo.

+1

(more diplomatically put than I ever could have  :lol: )

I have to say I will always love bit-tech, it´s where it all started to me, winning the MOTM was a dream of mine since I started with worklogs and when I achieved it I was over the moon with happyness, all that said, now a days, it may just be me, but the posts seem somewhat dull, I like sharing my work to hear people´s oppinions, constructive criticism when needed and complements when needed, which is why I like mod zoo more each day, yet bit-tech seems to be comments like "cool" or "feces" not necesarilly those words, but you get my drift, it also seems like people just check images and don´t bother with text (though that may just be me going on and on on my logs :P)

There has been huge drop of activity in forums across the entire community. As online retailer that caters to this market, I've watched it change overnight, and was prepared for it. The majority of newcomers to this hobby participate in facebook groups or YouTube.... Luckily we had prepared for this change, so the staff content is shared across all media.

I have been on bittech for a few years not really a big user of forums until more recently but feel that i have been made to feel very welcome and wanted here at the zoo really glad i signed up and all my new projects will be shown on here 1st that's if you want to see them ;)

+1

(more diplomatically put than I ever could have  :lol: )

;)

Ya think Bit would get bent out of shape if I put B-T's old logo up on the Zoo's header for a few days?  I mean, we're basically what they were in the olden days, right?  lol

In all seriousness, there are a lot of good folk still there, both on staff and on the boards.  I'm curious about the new owner(s).

I liked Bit-tech, I get a lot of exposure on there, but there isn't a forum community that compares to the mod zoo. I had a little under half the views here than I did on bit-tech, but about 4-5 times the comments and it really made me excited to come share my build here, the people here are much more open, optimistic, informative, and supportive. Cheers to the Zoo.

There has been huge drop of activity in forums across the entire community. As online retailer that caters to this market, I've watched it change overnight, and was prepared for it. The majority of newcomers to this hobby participate in facebook groups or YouTube.... Luckily we had prepared for this change, so the staff content is shared across all media.

This is becoming huge. There are so many groups and pages and its easy to access and post. I really enjoy it and use it daily. I was approached by 2 of my sponsors via facebook. Its a massive outlet for any creative expressions. I avoid all the he said/she said high school drama that some of the groups have, and if you stay out of the petty stuff, its a really enjoyable experience with great exposure. Glad to see you joined us in the Tek group Bill =D Thats the most chill and my favorite. I was also thinking it would be cool to have a  Mod Zoo admin maybe start a Mod Zoo Modders group like Antony did for bit-tech modders. Just a thought I had =D

We should totally start a Mod Zoo Modders group on facebook. That being said I like posting logs here on the zoo, I get more comments and people don't berate me for using "old tech"  lol

We should totally start a Mod Zoo Modders group on facebook. That being said I like posting logs here on the zoo, I get more comments and people don't berate me for using "old tech"  lol

You just highlighted the whole point of The Zoo and other other enthusiast forums in a nutshell Jeremy, on FecesF*ck you get a like or an occasional comment on a photo, on The Zoo you get active feedback, suggestions, criticism, full blown feedback etc etc etc... You get where I'm coming from.

Secondly if I wished to publish all my personal information to the relevant parties I'd send direct emails to the NSA or MI5...