If you are having any issues logging in please contact: kyle@themodzoo.com

Mod your own PC with supplies from Mnpctech!

logo_storefront.jpg]

OPEN TO ALL COUNTRIES!

Steps to enter Giveaway of Fractal-Design Define R4 Case Mod by MNPCTECH 

1. Register as new member on The Mod Zoo Forums, HERE

2. Reply to this post with description of what you would do if you owned this case?

..and when you have time, please "Like" Tokyoidaho fanpage 

You have until Midnight, Central Time on 5/15/14. I will announce the winner's name on 5/16/14

fractal_design_define_window_mod_280_tok

I'm giving away this modified Fractal-Design Define R4 Mid Tower case. The theme was inspired by the band, Tokyoidaho. I'm a long time fan of the craftsmanship of the Fractal-Design cases and their prices are easy on the wallet. Fractal was kind enough to send me their White Define R4 mid tower to modify for this Giveaway. The Define R4 retails for very reasonable $89.99 on Newegg

fractal_design_define_r2_r3_r4_logo_ad_g

fractal_design_define_r4_case_mod_window

fractal_design_define_r4_case_mod_window

Fractal Design Define R4 White case, Only $99 at Newegg

The Fractal Design Define R4 is the midi tower in the Define Series of computer cases offering minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design fused with maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality.

The Define R4 side and front door panels are fitted with dense, sound-absorbing material making it a benchmark for noise reduction. Moreover, the Define R4 accommodates up to 8 HDDs, all modern graphics card sizes, and multiple ventilation options - including two standard Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans - to keep internal components at optimal temperatures.

For ultimate functionality, the Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated three-speed fan controller behind the front panel door.

Key features
  • High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case - To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels
  • Patent pending ModuVent™ design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow
  • Top HDD cage (5 trays total) can be rotated 90 degrees or removed for additional airflow or to accommodate long graphic cards up to 430mm in length
  • Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
  • Two Silent Series R2 fans included, featuring hydraulic bearings contributing to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans will now come standard in all cases
  • Wider case body that allows for improved cable routing behind the motherboard – now 26mm wide
  • New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
  • Two SSDs can be mounted on the back of the motherboard plate in addition to the 8 slots in the HDD trays, for a total of 10 SSD positions available
Specifications
  • ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
  • 7 + 1 expansion slots
  • 2 - 5.25" bays
  • 8 - 3.5" HDD trays - all compatible with SSDs, 2 - 2.5" extra SSD positions
  • 3 - ModuVent™ plates - two in the top and one in the side
  • 7 - fan positions (2 Silent Series R2 fans included)
  • Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom
  • CPU coolers up to 170mm tall (when no fan is installed in the side panel)
  • ATX PSUs up to 170mm deep when using the bottom fan location, when not using this fan location longer PSUs (up to 270mm deep) can be used
  • Graphics cards up to 295mm in length with the top HDD cage installed
  • With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed
  • 26mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
  • Thick rubber grommets on all holes on the motherboard plate
  • Colours available: Black Pearl, Titanium Grey, Arctic White
  • Case dimensions (WxHxD): 232 x 464 x 523mm
  • Package dimensions (WxHxD): 320 x 535 x 610mm
  • Net weight: 12.3 kg

Here are the PC Case Modding Parts & Products from Mnpctech used in this case mod

1x Mnpctech Billet PC Window Frame Kit, Black Anodized

billet_gaming_pc_case_mod_mnpctech_windo

1x Cast Acrylic Sheet Transparent Red PC Case Window

clear_acrylic_sheet_casemod_mnpctech_2f0

1x 12" Super Bright RED Darkside Dimmable LED light strip

red_darkside_dazmode_led_rgb_super_brigh

red_darkside_dazmode_led_rgb_super_brigh

1x Mnpctech Billet 280 2.140 Liquid PC Radiator grill, Black Anodized with two 140mm Prolimatech RED LED PC Cooling fans

alphacool_ek_bitspower_xspc_aqua_compute

280 billet radiator grill is mounted with 8x Mnpctech "Screw'd RED M3 Radiator Screws

m3_ek_alphacool_feser_radiator_screws_an

1x Mnpctech Billet Overkill "Ring" Custom Gaming PC Fan Grill

120mm_fan_grill_overkill_ring_mnpctech.c

1x 120mm Sharkoon RED Shark Blade PC Cooling Fan

sharkoon_shark_blade_120mm_fan_red_mnpct

1x Set of Mnpctech White Delrin PC Case Feet

mini_desktop_pc_case_feet_mnpctech_white

4x Anodized RED PC Case Thumbscrews

Red.thumb.screw.jpg

The Giveaway case utilizes Red LED light strip pictured above, Mnpctech is now offering other color LED PC light strips here, http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/

White

Red

Green

Blue

Orange

UV

install_darkside_pc_led_rgb_white_uv_red

The Fractal-Design case mod by Mnpctech includes one Set of Mnpctech White Delrin PC Case Feet

mini_desktop_pc_case_feet_mnpctech_white

white_acetal_machinable_delrin_gaming_pc

If I got this? Probably break down crying at first then set about turning that case black, throw in something like 7950 with an FX 8350. H100i and have a whale of a time doing it.. also gives me a reason to learn how to sleeve my own cables :D

i'll put up an amd 8core to that and cooler master v8 gts..cause that's all i can afford for now as an engineering student here in the Philippines.. i'm not that rich,  i came from an average family enough income to send me to college.. i'm really dreaming of having this one, but i can't as of now as a student.. thank you for this, i hope i can win this case, and hope you can help me build my dream pc set up.. 

Well I already won a Fractal case and it has been a pleasure to work with so far. If I were to get this I would probably build my CNC PC in it and mod it a bit to hold my Gecko CNC driver electronics, the CNC poser supply, and the water loop for the CNC spindle cooling. Though I don't necessarily need it as I have spare random cases to fit the bill on this job, it would be cool to have a flashy case for my CNC haha.

To be honest I would probably take my current PC from the "Pimp my old PC" thread and move it into this one, so I could use that other case for my second project.  Otherwise I would just end up removing all of the sweet work you guys did and that seems like a crime.  I don't want to talk too much about project #2 yet since I'm still proofing it out, but some of the little things I need to do are:

• Add a full window for back lighting to the right side panel
  • Make double hinged doors on the left side panel
  • Remove the drive bays to add 'creative' cable management
  • Flatten the front bezel for airflow and lighting
  • Paint the inside grey/distressed, outside white
  • Add a white/yellow lighting scheme
  • And then... I can add the theme  ;-)

Getting this case would give me a free one to work with since I'm currently eyeing my son's case for the mod above.

this would just go perfectly with the theme for my new build that i'm starting next month.
colors black/red/white.
team red/amd build with amd fx-8350, asus crosshair v formula-z, msi r9 270x.

originally i planned on getting the fractal design arc midi r2 black with window kit but...well... this case would just kill it

Im not going to be building a new rig, but finally i would get an enclosure that my rig deserves. At least an enclosure where the PSU is bottom mounted for more efficient cooling. :) And I would be using red/grey/white cable sleevings to make the rig more presentable. :) 

For the first week, I would sleep with it.. then I would put in a stroller and walk it around like a proud daddy! THEN, I would carefully begin to build a new PC taking care to be as neat as possible to show off as much of the case as I could and post pictures all over the place showing it off!! :)

Thanks for the chance!  :wub:

If you had chosen me to win, I'd put my current rig inside this sexy case, but buy a new black motherboard, New red adata ram and new red liquid tubes. That would look so sick on my 780ti. And as a bonus I would post pictures of it finished here.

I would load the case up to the nines with a liquid cooled 4770k and one or two gtx 780s :) Thanks for the chance to win such an awesome looking case! Good luck everybody :D

I just got back from the microcenter and they didnt have the case i wanted in white. But i have a WHOLE gaming beast without a home. Just spent 1k on all the parts and can not find the right case!!!!!!!!! I would give my beast a home inside that case. HOME SWEET HOME!!!!!!!!! 

If I got this case I would continue the red and white theme.  

Some of the Parts I would use - 

ASUS Maximus VI Formula - Paint armor white

EK clean blocks CPU & Memory - top painted white 

sleeved PSU cables white & red

Primochil Revolver red fittings 

Primochill's PETG rigid tubing

Mayhems pastel ice white fluid

I would prob swap out the window to clear acrylic to really show off the internals and beauty of the case.  Add nice subtle white LED's to perfectly light all the sexy hardware.  I would do more to the case to make it a dream PC but I can't give all the details away :)

If i were to win this casemod.

I would try to gather parts for a whole computer might not be the higest end but what I can come up with.

I would give it to a person whom I've known for a long time, he have had a rough life still does. His always been happy and cheerful but have never really had what we others have, he never complains and never really want me or any of us others to help him since he don't want to be a burden. He have always been there for me, his trying his best at everything, but somehow it seems like the world is against him no matter what he does.

So I would be honored to have this computer and gather the parts i can to present something to him that he will use until it is so used that it's turned to dust!

He tries to save up but can't really do it since he is using all his money on seeing his sister, so would be super happy to give him a computer that works properly and doesnt heat his room to 90degrees celcius.

But to resume what i would do.

1. Try to gather parts for it, with my own wallet and with what chairty i can find (sponsors or people who switch to new hardware)
  2. Build it and pimp it
  3. Give it to the person that I have in mind.
  4. Take some pictures of where it ended up and the person who would got it.

i would use a gigabyte g1 sniper m5 mobo in it and get an haswell cpu. make some moods to it meself and do a full custum watercooling loop with an gtx 780ti maybe and samsung evo ssd.

the build would be for my wife :)