Random assortment of MNPCTECH billet goodies

A whole slew of Corsair SP120s

6x+ vandal resistant 22mm buttons + custom mounts

Some amount of modder's mesh

Another whole slew of phobya and darkside LED strips

Mayhems Aurora gold loop 1

Mayhems Pastel UV white loop 2

Feser UV black loop 3

Varied and various pieces and parts hand milled from 1/2" & 1/4" 6061, plus whatever else I end up needing to fab up. On the short list is a series of mounts of the reservoirs, a replacement for the top cover of the 900D, a replacement / cut out of the front panel plate and filter set, likely a set of replacements for the 5 1/4 bay covers, and a full replacement of the front panel ports. Potentially cutting out and meshing the basement doors as well.

And some amount of House of Kolor Black Gold pearl

Progress pics soon, just waiting on a few more items to arrive....

EDIT: changed project name, Tower of Power was unwieldy at best ;)

My metalworking skills are _rusty_ :) Some prelims of the 900d front plate edits. Some substantial work left to do even before the mesh is attached, like making the holes, you know, even.... (And yes, that is a ground aluminum iphone case on the table, covered in house of kolor oriental candy, for the wife...) We'll see how much metal remains when I'm done...

10152653_775335485844903_4267307846266491982149_775335462511572_7826867793957940

Quite a departure from my usual typing and painting. ( In the early '90's I had access to a full machine shop, from plasma cutters and sand blasting tables to a selection of bench grinders and every hand tool known to man. It was a full service custom car shop. Now I'm retooling my garage, much to my wife's annoyance :) )

Yeah, especially with an iphone camera at a terribad angle ;) Once the clear hits it, it'll sing.

I spent a couple hours roughing out a replacement panel for the 5.25" drive bays/covers. I looks like I'm going to need to cut out at least half of the factory bezel to fit it, but that's fine assuming I can create a proper mounting for it. I'm having a really hard time coming to grips that .040" 6061 is fine for the front face (It's all I had handy :) ). Need to likely use spaces as standoffs to maintain the front plane, then figure out proper mounts for the items in the bays, as well as go watch Bill's video on ripping the 900D apart so I can figure out how to get the factory IO out....

My replacement top panel design is coming along fairly well, I need to order some thicker 6061 though, as .040" won't bear the weight without reinforcement.

Thanks for the blow out pic, helpful. So far my most hated part of this case is the top panel (which I'm rebuilding from alum), and the bottom mag side doors. Also the releases for the upper sides don't release the panels without a tug on the panels themselves, it's like it was dropped in shipping.

So the insets in the bottom side doors come out ? Seems odd to have the mag dust screens if not, but if I'm seeing your image right, I'm going to have to cut them anyway...

Broke my acrylic bending cherry today ... I'm fairly happy with a first attempt, some roughness in the bends that I suspect will get better with practice. 2 hand bends, 1 with a mandrel. I could go either way on how useful the mandrel is, honestly. My boy wants to help, which is awesome (he's 5, 6 this weekend), so more will be done this week :) 

10313058_777524545625997_458996081669882

Last of the gear / parts ordered today. I've been spending quality time with a jig saw when I have cycles away from the day job and family. 

Still trying to find a good fab place around town, but also pricing a tabletop mill. ($~8k, now I just need to figure out how long it would take to break even on that .... )

For the card interconnects I've not come to a good plan yet, I may be forced to buy something vs tubing + fitting, will depend on how the cards sit and distances. I may just buy some options to keep on hand. The GPUs I have on hand are 2x asus 780 poseidon cards.

Water block, heatsink and black face plate  for aquaero 6 xt usb came today, woot. Spent more quality time with the jig saw and dremel, my holes were too small. Now my holes are just right ;) Test fit of 900D top panel replacement worked out well, couple more edges to file down for a better fit.

Important tip, which is likely common knowledge but unknown to me : Bill's Overkill rings will not sit in series on > a single 120. In other words, they will not fit as is on an xspc ax 360. Haha, oops. They'll look VERY nice on my silverstone ft02, once I get around to deciding what I'm doing with it (I need to get this one done first....)

Honeycomb mesh arrived, which is going on the rebuilt front panel (pics above, new pics to follow once I get it epoxy'd). Replacement 5.25 bay cover prototype fits, using another slab of 1/16" 6061 for the actual cover.

Couple more surprises in store, waiting on a shipment of toys from McMaster.

Hardline routing planning beginning, which lead to a few edits in initial design, will require a few more test fits for clearance.

Couple more things to plan and cut, then for a real test fit of all components for clearance. After that, the full tear down of the 900D and all the new parts for paint and clear. Barring one or two last little things I'm picking up from Bill, everything else is either ordered or sitting and staring at me..... Wife and kids are heading to socal for a week of disneyland and hanging out with our friends, so I'll have a week or so of non stop building.

Continued thanks to Bill and Hanoverfist for the ongoing advice and assistance!

I'm not a huge fan of crowds :) And the bulk of the trip is the family crashing on couches with her friends (Lived in SD for 15 years before moving to TX, so we know a bunch of folks, and my company HQ is there, so I go back for these week long meetings were are pure murder).