Prior to doing mods I have not had any power tool experience, electrical skills, nor painting abilities; never really built anything... Until I discovered case modding! I spent days in the garage making un-straight cuts, scuffing up the factory paint job, using math I thought I would never use outside of high school. What I can say is that I’m proud of what I built. (I did not own any of these tools, beforehand. But surprisingly they weren’t too expensive.)

About 1 year ago. One of the greatest moments, is getting the parts to your first computer.

7ddef2e3-44a4-4870-88fd-a620208faa4d.jpg

An here it is put together. OH the Newbie I was. YES that's a SSD twist tied to had side of the drive bays...

2.jpg

A few component upgrades later…

3.jpg

And finally… I was happy.

5.jpg

My motherboard shorted, and a puff a smoke and a loud pop came out of my computer.

I had to purchase a new motherboard, and decided that I should start some case mods.  

So I went to Lowes and bought a Dremel and an Acrylic Panel. Also bought rubber window trim and mounting tape mnpctech. Then transformed my side panel.

003.jpg

The line wasn’t as straight as I wanted it, but I had to make due and leave it.

002.jpg

I felt there was too much black so I decided to paint…

004.jpg

005.jpg

Wanted them to dry faster, I got impatient.

008.jpg

Here it is finished.

007.jpg

I have never engraved before, and decided to try it out. But some modding ideas don’t make it to the finished product.

006.jpg

Here it is it looks super CLEAN. But the black back wall and the floor, needed to be replaced with acrylic instead of crafting foam. The foam felt cheap to me. One of the radiator tubes paint and ripped due to bending, so I covered it up will black Velcro and It looked nice. The stripes on here were electrical tape, and I loved the look but wanted something more permanent.

012.jpg

011.jpg

Floor and wall acrylic. Got lazy and just decided to zip tie the wall down.

021.jpg

022.jpg

026.jpg

Then I added the Di-noc Carbon fiber stripes.

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

I wanted to implement these switches some how

015.jpg

This is where I scuffed up the paint pretty bad so I decided to cover the who panel with Carbon Fiber Vinyl (IMPROVISE)

023.jpg

I had red cold cathodes but I shorted those L newbie mistake. So as of now they only look nice.

024.jpg

027.jpg

Wanted to fix some accents. Painted RAM, Disk drive, I/O shield, GPU brackets and the SSD also had to flip the HDD sticker so it wouldn’t be upside-down inside of the case.

ba0af90c-51d0-4bf9-89f8-cb076d545bde.jpg

031.jpg

I use Noctua fans now and here are the left overs of the last ones. Sadly the Noctua Industrial PPC (Black Noctua fans) came out right after I bought my poop brown ones :/ same with GTX 780 and the GTX 780 TI. Tough luck.

010.jpg

Workstation-ish area. That’s a white and black DX racer chair in the background. Own one of these and you’ll try to recline every chair you ever sit in again. Love it.

020.jpg

Average cable management

032.jpg

THE FINAL

45715aec-0b8a-4bea-943f-ae0115a95a47.jpg

030.jpg

028.jpg

019.jpg

2fbc728e-c6fd-4ba4-af2f-1d33375e7e78.jpg

033.jpg

Here's a video. In the video description has the specific parts used in my PC. thanks!

033.jpg

Very nice.  Visually the build has a really nice flow where my eyes keep moving around the lines of the project.  Really nice 'artsy' flow in addition to being nice and clean.  Well done.