Primal

Case for College?

Hey guys! As I look forward to college, I realize that my desktop is rather bulky, even though it is currently a mid-size tower. (Cooler Master 690 2). What would you guys recommend as a high-quality, small form-factor, fun to mod (Side window?) and relatively cheap case. Keep in mind it must be ATX (as my mobo) and have room for at least 2 hard drives, (optical drive may be USB so that's fine)

What do you guys think about the corsair Carbide 540? Anyone know if Greg has one in Stock I could look at?

I like this case a lot.  Downside is the large foot print and size of the case.  I'd look for something in the mid-tower range.  Any way you can swap motherboards to a mATX or mITX and move the rest of your hardware over?  This would open up many more options for you.

I mean I could but that would be a 250$ operation at least. I'd like to stay atx so I'd just buy a case. The Carbide does look cool. It's a bit less deep than my current case but it does have a bigger footprint.

Hey Primal!

I bought a nzxt h230 for my college computer case. I was rocking the Thermaltake chaser mk-1, but it's unfortunanty a little large (in my opinion) to have in the small college dorm room.

Hopefully this thread isn't dead XD but good luck on finding a cool case for college!

Honestly just about any case will work.

I had my antec 900 in my dorm for 2 years and had no issues with space.  Granted my desk was used for computer and not homework (but I wasn't good at that anyways).  Unless you and roommate are bringing a ton of things, you will be fine. Just set it on the floor under your desk and you will be fine.