Happy 4th of July monkeys!

OK, so here's the plan:

I'm wanting to mod my nzxt case with a window, handle, psu cover, and hdd cage cover. (as well as some artwork)

It's DRAGON themed (black with red accents). I currently have the idea of doing a chinese style dragon wrapping around the case with a glossy red vinyl (custom made vinyl work). I will also be doing some red LED lighting in the window and possibly in the front of the case where the fans have the little intake grill.

For the hdd and psu cover, I was just going to get some black acryllic and do 90o bends to fit around them. I also had the idea of creating an acryllic video card blackplate but i'm not sure how it's done.

Currently I'm running into a few problems. I'm not sure what design to use for the window cutout, and as for the handles, I would really like to just have one handle in the center of the case (so I can carry it with one hand and have my other hand free to carry my monitor or suit case)

Plus, I have yet to come up with a cool name for this build. Project _______. help fill in the blank :)

Tell me what you think.

All criticism and ideas are going to be well considered.

Sounds like a cool plan :) I'm thinking about something for the handle. Maybe work a way to have a central handle, but with the attachment points on each end. Not sure about a name... Have a favorite mythological dragon? Look up some Chinese lore :)

Yeah, Chinese lore, that's a good idea! I know what I'll be doing ;)

For the name, what do you think of Project: "The Five Clawed Serpent"

I also forgot to mention that I was wanting help with the design of the window cutout. I want it to be slick but not a square with rounded corners. Any ideas?

Thanks for the ideas Primal!

P.S. expect some 3d concept models soon :D

ok, I've been thinking about the centered case handle and have thought of a few things.

option 1:

-Billet case handles from mnpctech.com  and just placing one in the center of the case.

Although I see a problem. there is only two screws to one handle and this might put too much stress on the metal.

(i'll have to see if it's even possible to buy one and not the set of two)

option 2:

-speaker handles.

Marshall-Style-Metal-Recessed-Cabinet-Ha

I think one of these would work well. It also looks pretty sleek.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only issue i've thought of with having one handle in the center of the case is the center of gravity on the case. if the handle is not at the center of gravity, there is the issue of having the front or back of the case being heavier than the other causing the heavy side to droop lower than the other. I don't want this to happen.

Thank you for your input!

I think a handle Should be The last part :) maybe there is some sort of handle that can shift to cover slight changes in center of gravity?

yeah, you're right about the handle being the last part :) , I'm just working on the 3d model and got carried away. ;)

But that's a good idea having a handle that can change positions due to changes in weight

(like if I ever end up doing a Crossfire/SLI config or ad water cooling)

Thanks, I guess I gotta get my priorities stright :lol: