riesscar

Using Spray Paint for Touch Ups

Hello all,

I have a question regarding spray paint. As such, this isn't a modding guide, so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I use a unique color of grey for my build: it's Duplicolor Cast Coat Iron Engine Enamel automotive spray paint. The issue that I have run into is that when assembling my rig, sometimes a little chip in the enamel occurs. When it happens, I've been biting the bullet and removing the piece for complete respraying. Now that I've filled my rigid tubing loop with coolant, this has become a far more problematic scenario.

Specifically, I used the paint to customize my bay res face plate, which involved unscrewing the plate from the device and breaking the water-tight seal. For obvious reasons, I do not want to have to drain my loop, disassemble the res and respray now that I've bled the air out. I've searched high and low for a paint own that is even close in color, but have had no luck.

My question is this: is there a way to use spray paint on a touch up brush. I was thinking about spraying down onto wax paper or something, and then using a small piece of felt or something similar to the tip if a paint pen, soaking up a bit of the enamel before it dries and then carefully touching up the chipped spots.

Is this a feasible workaround? Are there any better ways of doing this? If I bought a can of paint, is there a service that would take it and put it into a touch up style brush?

Thanks so much for any advice,

Carson

I would spray some paint in a small cap then use a small brush or toothpick to dab into the chipped area. Spraying into a cap will keep paint from drying out to quickly.