15-3-1-1_zpse38wqwri.jpg
-So... I needed a perfect circle, and using a router was the best option. DutchCedar made this seem easy, but it was really dicey. It was really easy to gum the blade. I found myself rapidly dragging the router back and forth like an angry nanny working up for a long prison sentence. For clamping I glued the aluminum to a board, and screwed that to a plank.
15-3-1-4_zpsjvjd3upf.jpg
-I knew it would be rough, so I cut larger than I needed. I then put a mill bit in the drill press and proceeded to DJ the edge down 1/16". -Wikiwikiwiki X 2 days = forearm pain.
15-3-1-5_zpssaivmuaw.jpg
-I drilled some holes to mount with.
15-3-1-6_zpsxeiex67y.jpg
-Now I have a good idea where the tank warps, and where the tank can be cut to. I have to make a marking tool for that.
15-3-1-7_zpsii2ivulk.jpg
-Power switch in case this decides to start yelling "EXTERMINATE!"

15-3-1-9_zpsflbxhpqh.jpg
-Here you can see the mounting holes and a feeble attempt to make a wire port. I've also drawn up where the fan clutch fits-or doesn't fit. It's looking like I will have to chop a section of it to get it flush. :(
15-3-1-8_zpsflbirlcb.jpg
-I applied some epoxy to hold the clear marble track in place, and put it out in the cold so most of it would slump into the cracks.
15-3-1-13_zps82ofmbfr.jpg
-The switches seat in a 1/8" bit of plexi that screws on. Here I've glued them in place with plexi cement.
15-3-1-16_zpst9am1obr.jpg
-The last thing I did was mill a quick bevel on the PSU brackets. I will be doing a test fit sometime tonight.
As for marking up ports and stuff on the new back panel: Does anyone have any gnomes I could borrow? They have to be able to fit inside the closed case, with a sharpie.

Looks like you needs to get a lathe, stainless is hard on the tools hey:)

15-3-2-6_zpsezv7u5jt.jpg

-It rained for a whole week. I got stuff done. -random stuff. Here, I cleaned up a cut faucet neck. The plan is to flip the head and re solder, then shave it down so it tapers into the case body.

15-3-2-7_zpsw9aesutq.jpg

-Gotta get rid of that shiny finish somehow...

15-3-2-9_zpsr89zhpos.jpg

-I determined the fastest way to get the frame to fit was to shorten this mounting arm. The hard part was getting this out of the jig.15-3-2-11_zpsdpp5wie9.jpg

-I lost a little more than 1/8".

15-3-2-10_zpsok3sxvrl.jpg

-I made a cut for the reservoir in the back panel.

15-3-2-12_zps1hw6lszq.jpg

-I have a case of card stock to burn through. Some helped me work out where to drill the mount holes for the back panel

15-3-2-15_zpsqlcriada.jpg

-OK, I needed to make a cover for the back of my modified electrical plug. I'm still in zero-budget mode, and decided to re-visit my pyro period. Growing up, my army men had dinosaur heads, and the dinosaurs had bazookas. Some people sculpt with fancy modeling puttys. I use model trees and FIRE.

-Outdoors, of course. The fumes are toxic and ABS makes black soot that can float around all day.

15-3-2-18_zpsrl41c9n1.jpg

-The first stage looks like a slightly charred poo. The sticks in the back are just laying against the PVC sleeve. Later, I can hit the loose bits with solvent to fuse them without damaging the insulation.

(Remember kids, The Cheapskate way is never recommended, or safe. ;))

15-3-2-21_zps7rbl4w5p.jpg

-Once I get it built up, I can sand it into a less offensive shape. Later, I'll fill in the bumps and smooth it out.

15-3-2-22_zpsxyox5dso.jpg

-Back on track: I'm running out of room for plumbing. At least it's starting to look like a computer.

The Gigabyte GPU might get slightly slimmer if I can waterblock it.

15-3-2-24_zps7vzmyldp.jpg

-The thing I need to make this sturdy. The problem is, that's also the best place to put the power outlet.

15-3-2-27_zps1c0uhbgi.jpg

-The solution: Take a blurry picture.

15-3-2-28_zpskpjwuior.jpg

-D: 

Hey! Outlet AND mounting holes. That'll work.

ok cheaps, you are officially crazier than I am, when I had to make a power cord extension, I saved the plug end off of a pre-made cable and then soldered and put heatshrink over the socket end.....  I wouldn't do that... that is just mad....  :blink:

crazier than I am,

I never called you crazy (well not exactly)

that is just mad.... :blink:

Mad in the (aussie / British) context of strangely different or unique,

As for sending your dinosaur to shoot me, can you let me know when that's happening so I can get it on camera!

@Freebee - Rats. shipping was too much.

@Dooglo - Too small.:lol: The plates I make for doors are about a foot long with a bend that attaches to the frame of the house. No one has broke through one yet. -dented the heck out of some doors, though.

@Satans - Yep, It's just you.:D

HINT! people that are crazy don't know they're crazy! Cheaps is not Crazy he is just miss understood rrrr not understood Ahh hell he's just ahead of his time.

Bro a switch in a piston, Only you my friend ! People search hard to try to do something that has never been done before and everything you do has never been done before. Taking notes!

Thanks. :D Part of the creative process this time came from stacking up a pile of junk and saying, "make a computer case with this."

I still have some aluminum pots and a sink to implement. :lol:

Lookin' like it's coming along nicely Cheaps!

(Remember kids, The Cheapskate way is never recommended, or safe. ;))

Should be your signature lol

I'm a big fan of using what you have. I'm actually dismantling a stainless steel BBQ this afternoon for modding materials. You have some great stuff going on here Cheaps. I'll join along for the ride.

@Zero - I'll be doing half of that leg setup somehow. I like the wobblyness of the free springs.

@Envious - Odd how a BBQ in stainless is more material, but about the same cost of some cases made in steel and plastic, isn't it? Why are their no stainless cases?