Zoyadog

Final: "CHIMAERA" by Zoyadog

Thanks. I hope you enjoyed the show even tho it was in Swedish :)

Congrats  :D Sure watched it...norwegian is pretty similar u know. Imo show could do with a bit more suspense and closeups of the actual builds under construction. Still..not a totally lame first flight for the consept. 

Nice cables...What are you doing for lights and fluid in this thing? UV-blue?

Congrats  :D Sure watched it...norwegian is pretty similar u know. Imo show could do with a bit more suspense and closeups of the actual builds under construction. Still..not a totally lame first flight for the consept. 

Nice cables...What are you doing for lights and fluid in this thing? UV-blue?

RGB and purple, ftw!

Hello Mod Zoo... ITS WATER TIME! The best part. With both sucess and some failures...

I am making this update after Dreamhack since I didnt have any time to write to work log before. I showed off Chimaera at Intel's booth at Dreamhack Winter last week. Its not 100 % finished yet, but enough to show it! I havent received any pictures from the event yet, but I am going to post them in the next update hopefully. :)

2j5cr60.jpg

335gz7b.jpg

2yo65qr.jpg

2nak7iw.jpg

Trying out the liquid :)

j62a8g.jpg

wwmcmo.jpg

b8n493.jpg

e5r6aa.jpg

Time to mount all the parts in the case, so exciting!

i27ipt.jpg

30iakop.jpg

205bm37.jpg

New CPU block. EK Supremacy EVO

1z6tshz.jpg

242x0qo.jpg

And my beautiful Mayhems purple dye...

25pldz6.jpg

y11ty.jpg

33z8lxx.jpg

In it goes! With a few leaks in the beginning... 

343lsfr.jpg

aa9bud.jpg

fs4t1.jpg

vuip5.jpg

25iotjn.jpg

Because I was going to Dreamhack, I just HAD to install some LAN-rave-RGB in the case. :) This is how I made it:

rrkyv4.jpg

First i opened up the box, taking out the circuit board and removed the original connector using a soldering iron.

1orfxj.jpg

Then I put two cables instead of the connector, soldering them onto the circuit board so I can plug in a +12v molex connector instead. 

2jbuzx4.jpg

2hnlws9.jpg

4ier00.jpg

The result with blue LED. I have a remote control which lets me change the RGB with different colors, shifting and pulsing light :) Ready for Dreamhack!

2nqd08y.jpg

A small DH preview... As you can see, I have some issues with the coolant missing color. 

10733784_10203349043787055_2294446335038

I drained the loop right after Dreamhack and this is what the liquid looked like. I mixed these two batches at the same time, and the right is what it looks like after 5 days in the loop.

wh1lk.jpg

15rfqrk.jpg

I used Mayhems dye and silver coil. I also tried to refill the loop with new coolant but the result is the same after a couple of days. I cant really figure out what I've done wrong. Maybe cleaning out the blocks and radiator wasn't properly done. But the metals should work together, and I also think its a bit odd that the color goes out o fast aswell. :(

2yxnleu.jpg

Hello Modzoo!

It's now time to finish the project. I want to thank everyone who followed my worklog and I now present to you, the final photos.  :wub:

13zwrcz.jpg

fp801s.jpg

fm2ntx.jpg

20k6h3r.jpg

2d99uls.jpg

9rprly.jpg

2w3x7qo.jpg

9iz19d.jpg

23usqvm.jpg

2w24r9u.jpg

2s6u0js.jpg

6z0vag.jpg

f3dt79.jpg

aoow00.jpg

5lz9g1.jpg

2wq8zs5.jpg

2ahe0hy.jpg

33ylvh2.jpg

xeis7b.jpg

11kecz6.jpg

10mjuwx.jpg

2lj6rte.jpg

98ae6s.jpg

25f4nr5.jpg

2uoszft.jpg

317cye8.jpg

m9xgty.jpg

20ic2g4.jpg

mkz0bc.jpg

This project is now finished and I leave place to a whole new project, see you in the next worklog!

As always I'm late to the party. Again.

I just saw and read your log.  Beautiful!  Just amazing work and pictures!  Wow!  Congratulations on winning the contest.

PS.  Love the purple! ;)

Really well realized, nice ;)

Many thanks!

I am   now  modifying  800D and  TJ07   at the same time, but not combined together.

Really nice. Good work Dude.

Thank you :) two nice cases!

As always I'm late to the party. Again.

I just saw and read your log.  Beautiful!  Just amazing work and pictures!  Wow!  Congratulations on winning the contest.

PS.  Love the purple! ;)

Thanks alot, im glad you like it :) Purple is the best color  :wub:  

I love that color contrast. I normally don't go for purple, but that's the perfect shade, like liquid amethyst flowing through the system. I'm debating on passing this along to my wife. I know she'd want me rebuilding hers for that color profile if I do as she loves purple -- which would give me another project to work on -- but then most of her components are green to match her existing lighting, so.... choices....

Congrats on a job well done there! :)

Do you plan on adding a second array of fans on that AMS? I also own one(but in copper) and I was thinking you could share some temps :)

I love that color contrast. I normally don't go for purple, but that's the perfect shade, like liquid amethyst flowing through the system. I'm debating on passing this along to my wife. I know she'd want me rebuilding hers for that color profile if I do as she loves purple -- which would give me another project to work on -- but then most of her components are green to match her existing lighting, so.... choices....

I liked how you decribed that :) thank you! Purple is beautiful, its a mystical color. I think your wife would love that! When something is the wrong color, you know what to do! Bring the modding on!  B)

Great work on the project, Love the Color theme mods being done.

Thanks alot ^^

Congrats on a job well done there! :)

Do you plan on adding a second array of fans on that AMS? I also own one(but in copper) and I was thinking you could share some temps :)

Thanks!

No im not, the project is finished and i have started another one. GPUs are around 50 c load (maximum) and my CPU, not sure. I have some issues with the overclocking but it doesnt go over 50 c in load 4.2 Ghz. :)

Excellent work, that looks really nice.

Thank you alot, onevoicewild  :lol:

Excellent modding, the frosted front looks fantastic.  The purple has a mellowing effect, this is a really class mod.

Im glad you like it! Thanks for the wonderful feedback!  :wub: