harrison

RGB anti-vandal switches

So, I highly doubt I'll actually do this, but I'm curious none the less.  I've found some aluminium RGB anti-vandal switches on AliExpress.  I'm curious if I'm just asking for trouble with these, or if it'd be even possible to disassemble them.  What I'm looking for is are black switches, one with a dot, one with a ring, with an RGB LED.  I'd prefer 19mm, but at that price, I'd be willing to compromise.

Is this something any of you have seen before?  I'd be looking to pull these apart and frankenstein black RGB switches.

ELEWIND 22mm RGB Three LED color Momentary push button switch(PM221F-11E/RGB/12V/S 4pins for led)

ELEWIND-22mm-RGB-Three-LED-color-Momenta

ELEWIND 22mm BLACK aluminum Ring illuminated Momentary push button switch(PM221F-11E/G/2.8V/A)

ELEWIND-22mm-BLACK-aluminum-Ring-illumin

ELEWIND 22mm Black aluminum Dot illuminated Momentary push button switch(PM221F-11D/G/2.8VA)

ELEWIND-22mm-Black-aluminum-Dot-illumina

I'd be looking to control them using something like this:

24/44 Key IR Remote Controller Box AC/DC 12V For LED RGB 3528/5050 Light Strip

$_57.JPG

Hmmm... or maybe I could just try contacting the reseller and asking them if they can assemble them in black with a ring and dot.  There's a novel thought.  I didn't even think to keep scrolling down.

You answered you own question, but someone needs to hack a vandal switch. I suspect the crimp at the back of the metal is the key. Grind that off and the whole thing comes apart.

-getting it back together, however...

You answered you own question, but someone needs to hack a vandal switch. I suspect the crimp at the back of the metal is the key. Grind that off and the whole thing comes apart.

-getting it back together, however...

Yeah, that they could be taken apart, no doubt.  That you could get it back together while retaining some level of reasonable functionality, that's another thing altogether.

I'm hoping, however, that they get back to me, and confirm that they can assemble a 'custom' switch for me at a reasonable price.

So, they can produce the RGB switch in black with both a ring and dot, at no additional cost. 22mm only for RGB switches though.

Now I just need to decide if I want RGB to match with the case lighting on the XPS700 case, or just go with a white LED. Good to know that there's an option out there at least, and one that doesn't require potentially destroying the switch.

I should have updated this thread last week... the seller contacted me (really promptly too btw) and confirmed with me that they could build the switches the way I wanted. I ordered two:

• 22mm Black RBG LED ring momentary switch
  • 19mm Black White LED dot momentary switch

The whole AliExpress experience was really smooth.  They made it so painless and easy to order, communication was fast and clear, and payment was done without hassle using my VISA (no PayPal).  At $13 for the pair of switches, I just couldn't say no.

So, my switches have shown up!

not sure if the audio is out of sync for you guys or not... it was fine, but i had to trim off the end of the video, and now it looks to be outta sync.  oh well.