Andrew_k

You have a beefy system, but will it run Crysis 3? Probably not...

I was browsing the recently released specs for Crysis 3, slated for 2013 release. It caught my eye that the "Recommended" specs include Quad GPU. This is clearly a misprint, but was it placed there to troll the age old "can it run crysis" question? Who knows. The High Performance specs listed include a 680 or 7970, and crossfire or sli for further increased performance, so clearly quad isn't recommended... just funny ;)/>

screenshot20121204at157.png

Wow you would certainly need a high-end PC to run that. I don't think it would sell very well if you did need Quad GPUs to run it.

I wonder if it would run on a Pentium 4. :D/>

Wow you would certainly need a high-end PC to run that. I don't think it would sell very well if you did need Quad GPUs to run it.

I wonder if it would run on a Pentium 4. :D/>

"Example 99999: P4 and Radeon 9800 Pro" :)/>

i might need to upgrade my 550 ti lol i got the fx4170 cpu so should be good for the performance specs if i pick up a 7870 or better!

I have 2 7970's in crossfire and a 8350FX.  My system takes it like a champ.  Problem is...those cards sound like they are in takeoff mode and the CPU gets super hot.  I think the H60 I have is on its last leg or those AMD chips run on the hot side.

Crysis 3 is probaly the biggest benchmark game. Allways loved the game but sadly my 9800GT wasn't able to run it.

Dammn you DX11  :angry:

Battlefield 3 doesn't seem to test my system nearly as much.  I had my fan controller set on medium (the one that came with my 650D) and the thermal radar cpu setting to silent.  About 5 mins of gaming later, I am getting tons of overheating messages and a video driver crash. 

Time to go water cooled me thinks.