23RO_UK

R@v3N - Migration... 05/06/2015

So this is what you guys have been up to while I was away. :P

Yes, I've finally decided to delve back into the monkey den. Not really fully healthy

yet, but now that the semester is over (well,mostly, one exam to go) I at least have

the time to regularly come around here again.

We forget sometimes how lucky we are stateside for parts availability. Everyone wants to sell to the US market. I'm really happy with the Black Ice in my current build. Do what you do!

Indeed. Finding the SR-1 rads for my build was not a trivial task I must say.

The next tricky thing for me are the Bitspower fittings, though at least I should

be able to order those directly from them (can't do that with HW Labs as far as I

know). Even those retailers who ship to me and stock BP fittings don't stock those

fittings I'm going to need to finish my build. Ah well, such is life.

It works out including import tax (but excluding courier costs) the Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX cost about £88 ($137 US), that's pretty reasonable considering the longevity, quality and ultimate cooling offered by the rad - and besides it's one of those things I've always wanted to own so it's like a special me treat  :D

HW Labs quality is awesome, I'm very happy with my SR-1s I must say.

at least I should be able to order those directly from them (can't do that with HW Labs as far as I know).

actually... you can.... or at least in Oceania.... I recently decided i'd enquire into whether getting them unpainted directly from HL would save me some cost.... got quoted arround $140 for a standard (480) rad and $45 for shipping on a pair.... which they said should cost me more for a non-standard order but they couldn't be bothered with putting a special item on the books so it would be normal price....

seeing as it was no cost saving, I decided to try and source some rads locally, and with the aussie dollar being so low at the moment, I bought some 2nd hand rads at least for the next little while...

but enough of the story.... the point is that they were perfectly happy to sell directly to me when I emailed them....

actually... you can.... or at least in Oceania.... I recently decided i'd enquire into whether getting them unpainted directly from HL would save me some cost.... got quoted arround $140 for a standard (480) rad and $45 for shipping on a pair.... which they said should cost me more for a non-standard order but they couldn't be bothered with putting a special item on the books so it would be normal price....

seeing as it was no cost saving, I decided to try and source some rads locally, and with the aussie dollar being so low at the moment, I bought some 2nd hand rads at least for the next little while...

but enough of the story.... the point is that they were perfectly happy to sell directly to me when I emailed them....

Huh, that's pretty cool, great to know for the future, thanks! :)

So this is what you guys have been up to while I was away. :P

Yes, I've finally decided to delve back into the monkey den. Not really fully healthy

yet, but now that the semester is over (well,mostly, one exam to go) I at least have

the time to regularly come around here again.

Longtime longtime!!! 

Hey fella, good to see you back, I'll drop you a PM in a bit  :D

As you can see I've been busy pursuing my usual mixture of hands on testing and overclocking in a variety of projects - the next project is a test case (my take on a multi functional test bench) prior to getting full blown hands on with my retro project :lol:   

Longtime longtime!!! 

Hey fella, good to see you back, I'll drop you a PM in a bit  :D

As you can see I've been busy pursuing my usual mixture of hands on testing and overclocking in a variety of projects - the next project is a test case (my take on a multi functional test bench) prior to getting full blown hands on with my retro project :lol:

Haha, yes, long time indeed!

Yes, I see you've been busy, looking forward to catching up. :)