That's looking awesome!

E V I L

Imagining final photos, can't wait!

Thanks gents!  A long road, but it's starting to come together.

Starting to do some test painting with the airbrush.  My skillz are weak.  :lol:  Good thing I'm trying it out on some scrap first.

snowtest001_by_tkrep-d9dfg0t.jpg

Pulling up the video as a reference.  Will need to do more blocks of snow and striations, but not too bad for a day 1 test.

snowtest002_by_tkrep-d9dfg0d.jpg

Suggestions from airbrush veterans are quite welcome.  :)

Would it be easier to make a stencil to do a majority of the, I guess, cliffs, and then detail it with the airbrush?  Might make it easier to get more defined edges.  Props though, my airbrushing rivals a 5yo with crayons.   :P

Would it be easier to make a stencil to do a majority of the, I guess, cliffs, and then detail it with the airbrush?  Might make it easier to get more defined edges.  Props though, my airbrushing rivals a 5yo with crayons.   :P

That's not a bad idea.  I'll have to try it out and see if it gets me what I'm looking for.

Continuing to evolve the technique.  Broad sweeping motions from outside to inside to get the blowing look.  Paper stencil to get the sharper edges near the middle.

snowtest004_by_tkrep-d9dq3i8.jpg

Very nice, but it's too soon for snow!

Ha!  nice.  :lol:

I'm actually kind of racing to get this painting done in the garage before the snow falls and I can't go in there anymore.

Bill put the call out for some spooky Halloween shots, so I threw a flashlight in the case and blocked off the windows.  My camera skills are a bit lacking this morning, but here you go!   :lol:

snowlit001_by_tkrep-d9f0dkr.jpg

snowlit002_by_tkrep-d9f0dkw.jpg

snowlit003_by_tkrep-d9f0dl5.jpg

snowlit004_by_tkrep-d9f0dla.jpg

snowlit005_by_tkrep-d9f0dlg.jpg

snowlit006_by_tkrep-d9f0dln.jpg

Also, have been working through the back towers.  Picked up some "affordable" USB speakers and am modelling up some speaker-towers for the back side.

speakertowers001_by_tkrep-d9f0dry.jpg

speakertowers002_by_tkrep-d9f0ds5.jpg

speakertowers003_by_tkrep-d9f0dsd.jpg

speakertowers004_by_tkrep-d9f0dsn.jpg

It's pink, which implies you printed it, but it's smooth, which implies you didn't... :huh: I'm too confused.

Muahahahahahah!  I have perplexed the mighty cheaps!

Nice, I like the integrated speakers

Originally I was thinking of embedding them in the front pillars, but that looked to be more wiring/modding than I had time for.  This is a nice compromise solution.

Rev 2 of the back tower fitting a LOT better. (rev 2 is always better) 

speakertowers005_by_tkrep-d9f2yua.jpg

Sides are re-attached.  Print back tower #2 and paint, then hey...  nothing left but assembly!   :o  :lol:  :huh: