Waynio

MATX air cooled gaming rig

New project time, it's a MATX air cooled gaming rig, open chassis with carrying handle, really easy maintanance, hopefully I've put enough thought into it all holding together well. :D

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig1.jpg

Just getting the pieces made before I start bending/curving, assembling, doing a little each day on it.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig2.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig3.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig4.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig5.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig6.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig7.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig8.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig9.jpg

More soon.

sweeet....

:D

I'll try to post progress every time I reply to keep it a productive log.

Cut, drilled, tapped & added m3 brass inserts to the back IO expansion piece, made from 10mm acrylic.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig10.jpg

Mounted to the back panel.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig11.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig12.jpg

Mobo panel added.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig13.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig14.jpg

Saving the curve cuts for when I have the curved pieces done to increase chance of lining up correctly.

Heck yes! I still haven't tried that trick for the threaded inserts yet... though I also haven't used acrylic for anything like that either lol

YES! Hello Waynio!  Guess I caught this one early enough  :lol: . Looking good man. Interesting deck curve and still using that awesome scroll saw  :wub:  .. is a must Sub.

this is looking awesome 

Thanks Ice :)

Heck yes! I still haven't tried that trick for the threaded inserts yet... though I also haven't used acrylic for anything like that either lol

Good to be back with a new project, thanks Mos.

looks interesting. :)

:)

YES! Hello Waynio!  Guess I caught this one early enough  :lol: . Looking good man. Interesting deck curve and still using that awesome scroll saw  :wub:  .. is a must Sub.

:) Long time no see Loose, what happened to losias or sfforum or was it sffreview?, can't remember the new one. :lol:

Update, minimal but a long session.

Load of drilling & tapping for mounting the 33mm acrylic support blocks.MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig16.jpg

And added 10mm acrylic psu cover supports.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig17.jpg

More soon.

It's crazy how clean your parts come out man!

Thanks Mos, pieces with protective backing look sweet when pulled off, some of the 2mm material I used was only protected on 1 side though so is scuffed up.

That is looking super sweet!

Thanks mate. :)

Done some more today.

Got it close to the design curve but it's a good job I saved the cut until the curve was done.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig25.jpg

How it's all looking now.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig26.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig27.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig28.jpg

Holy Crapiziods man you've really got that scroll saw skill down to another level of badass! Not to mention just finding new ways of creating crazy design. I blame Cheeps. I know he had somewhat of an influence on you early on. others. That's a good thing. We all stand on the backs of giants, then the new kid comes along, discovery and tag... you're it. :)

as too the crew of losias. I'm in touch with Craigbru off and on since it went dark. John [Confusis] and a couple of other reall nice folks have semi resurrected SFFr and have a 'lil site going. John hunted me down on Twitters to tell me about it. Like this place there are some nice folks there. Yes, the focus is, mainly on SFF. But inclusion is always a god thing. Thanks for asking.  I'm here for the same reasons. Bill and Cheeps were a couple of the first peeps I met when I dicovered modding, Jesus C back in '08 I think. Found good peeps like you along the way. How we become community amongst communities.

Craigbru and Confusis are here https://sff-forum.net/, other names you might know from elsewhere, sorry guys if it seems like I'm spamming, not my intent to undermine this place, I also care about.. Waynio asked. We are all, after all connected.

Great stuff you're doing man. So glad you're still doing this modding thing. Look forward to your next updates here.

Holy Crapiziods man you've really got that scroll saw skill down to another level of badass! Not to mention just finding new ways of creating crazy design. I blame Cheeps. I know he had somewhat of an influence on you early on. others. That's a good thing. We all stand on the backs of giants, then the new kid comes along, discovery and tag... you're it. :)

as too the crew of losias. I'm in touch with Craigbru off and on since it went dark. John [Confusis] and a couple of other reall nice folks have semi resurrected SFFr and have a 'lil site going. John hunted me down on Twitters to tell me about it. Like this place there are some nice folks there. Yes, the focus is, mainly on SFF. But inclusion is always a god thing. Thanks for asking.  I'm here for the same reasons. Bill and Cheeps were a couple of the first peeps I met when I dicovered modding, Jesus C back in '08 I think. Found good peeps like you along the way. How we become community amongst communities.

Craigbru and Confusis are here https://sff-forum.net/, other names you might know from elsewhere, sorry guys if it seems like I'm spamming, not my intent to undermine this place, I also care about.. Waynio asked. We are all, after all connected.

Great stuff you're doing man. So glad you're still doing this modding thing. Look forward to your next updates here.

:D Thanks Loose, I'll get signed up on there asap, done a few new projects since posting on there.

I'd have to come upon really hard times for me to quit modding, love doing it. :)

To do.

HDD slot mount.

Back panel curve cut.

Rest of the fan assembly parts.

Front USB 3 & power button (40mm marble).

Maybe add a couple more mount points for extra solidness.

Case feet, 2x 10mm square bars on both sides.

Surface & edge finishing.

I bought silverstone cable extensions to make quick easy work of cabling, plenty of cable stash room under the psu cover & the side casing.

USB cables & fans ordered.

Still undecided about adding decorative layers.

So I'll leave updates until I've done all of the above.

the craftsmanship on this is absolutely amazing :o  :D.... **whispers to other modders.... "we need to lift our game -we're being put to shame!"**

the craftsmanship on this is absolutely amazing :o  :D.... **whispers to other modders.... "we need to lift our game -we're being put to shame!"**

Thanks Freebee but, I screwed up. :lol:

Ah, made a pretty big blooper but can ya see it, is it an obvious error, is to me but is it to you, the viewer?. :D

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig29.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig30.jpg

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig31.jpg

For me it's an error I can just about live with, disappointed about it but can live with it since it would mean I'd need to remake at least 2 significant pieces, maybe more.

Ahhhhh! What is it? It's killing me.  The only things I'm noticing is no cutout for the CPU cooler and no slots for the GPU brackets in your motherboard tray. But that's only cause I just did that stuff on my tray tonight, and they aren't actually necessary. The problem with obvious, is it's usually too obvious!

Are the fans too low?

They do look a tad low. But knowing Waynio, like many other modders, there will be revisions and adjustments as he goes. I love watching mods like this. It's like watching someone doing live sketching, they erase and add as they go, the final version ends up with all these wonderful deviations.

Waynio, hope you pay the site a visit. I'm sure a few folks there would love to hear from you.

Ahhhhh! What is it? It's killing me.  The only things I'm noticing is no cutout for the CPU cooler and no slots for the GPU brackets in your motherboard tray. But that's only cause I just did that stuff on my tray tonight, and they aren't actually necessary. The problem with obvious, is it's usually too obvious!

:D Not slots, using 20mm mobo spacers so no need.

PSU height space, it went wrong & left a gap at the bottom of the psu cover.

Are the fans too low?

No, just the right height to not interfere with a big cpu air cooler.

Those back, bottom holes are right up against the shroud. But you could fix that by putting a little base under the fan mount.

There will be a few extra mm space between the fans & the shroud.

They do look a tad low. But knowing Waynio, like many other modders, there will be revisions and adjustments as he goes. I love watching mods like this. It's like watching someone doing live sketching, they erase and add as they go, the final version ends up with all these wonderful deviations.

Waynio, hope you pay the site a visit. I'm sure a few folks there would love to hear from you.

Got the solution, better than having to remake a few pieces, if I get chance to I'll make an account over there today. :)

It was PSU height allowance, in the design it allowed for 1mm space between the psu cover & the psu but with doing a curve & a bend it curved better on the right side (front) than the left, as it is right now the psu just about squeezes in with some force.

My solution is to just add another layer behind the fan mount, rather do that than have to remake some panels.

MATX%20air%20cooled%20gaming%20rig32.jpg