Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Roboduck

What do you drive? (or dream ride)

119 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Kylevdm said:

I drive one of these (just not the WRC version :()

2017-toyota_yaris_wrc-front-1.jpg

I want to think you have Yaris stock underpinnings, but with all the scoops, grills and body work! :P  

18 hours ago, InsolentGnome said:

I want to think you have Yaris stock underpinnings, but with all the scoops, grills and body work! :P  

I would rather have it the other way around :P

I'm a die hard VW guy. I love your MK2 Bill. Wish I could have a ride in it some day.

My first car was a 84 rabbit.

IMG_2139.jpg

Current car is my 94 VW Jetta 2.0. Wouldn't give it up for anything.

IMG_0048.jpg

5cb183bf.jpg

It's not too far off from my dream car, MK3 VW Variant. I really wish they would have released these state-side. Only a few more years before I could legally import one. Hopefully I will have that kind of money by then :P

tumblr_l82baz1Xv91qdy46do1_500.jpg

@BooglesMcGee  Yeah, never sell yr jetta, Mk3 are getting harder to find in clean condition....Give me heads up if you're ever in Minneapolis, I'll give ya zippy tour in the jetta!

I've had 3x Mk1 GTIs. Two Black '84 and one white '83. I now regret selling them all... Also had this '84 Jetta GLI

1294_1076534230722_7125_n.jpg?oh=83e0bba

I own three Toyota pickup trucks (1991, 1996 and 2001) but my passion is motorcycles. I took 2015 off from case modding to pursue my other hobby - restoring and modding vintage bikes. Here is my latest project, a restomod 1967 Triumph Bonneville.

901.jpg

It has 8900 original miles. Mods include electronic dual coil ignition, tapered roller head bearings, modern shocks, Barnett clutch plates, 1970 Bonneville seat, stainless steel spokes, period correct NOS titty grips and an original 1967 Florida motorcycle license plate. 

That is awesome, I love resto-mods, especially when they look like they could be stock to the undiscerning eye.  Looks awesome

34 minutes ago, Mosquito said:

That is awesome, I love resto-mods, especially when they look like they could be stock to the undiscerning eye.  Looks awesome

Thanks. Restoration projects that are not purely stock can be controversial. The original seat and shocks didn't look the best IMO so I made those changes. 99.9% of people looking would never know the "error". The original purple and gold gas tank paint scheme would be awesome to change to. My father repaired and painted the tank burgundy for me. He has since passed away so I'm in no hurry to fix something that has become so sentimental to me.  

I have an original IBM PC. I wonder if I should restore it to original or do a resto-mod. "That beige isn't the correct shade." double lol

On 4/11/2016 at 8:54 AM, Bill Owen said:

@BooglesMcGee  Yeah, never sell yr jetta, Mk3 are getting harder to find in clean condition....Give me heads up if you're ever in Minneapolis, I'll give ya zippy tour in the jetta!

Hmm, Minneapolis IS only about 8 hours away. I may have to take you up on that lol

The ambulance was 70's era. Green mystery car looked like a Maverick maybe.

-all those cars sitting there since the 50's with intact glass... wow. You can't find intact glass on new vehicles in the yards here.

found another yard in Wisconsin thats never been documented with a video... Just a matter of "making the time" before the snow starts falling