Roboduck

What do you drive? (or dream ride)

Wow, resurrecting a 2 year old thread.  Plenty of time for things to have changed, right?

My progression to my current 'baby'

pO2p97.jpg

WPPtV1.jpg

2007 my current baby

9OuL2g.jpg

And here she is getting ready to chill in the living room after helping me loose my license for a bit.

436KpK.jpg

I kind of like my Buells.  Hopefully they make a comeback and I get a chance to buy another new one.  Although ~200hp scares me a bit, currently rocking around 100 on my stock 1200 and it's plenty quick.

I don't have a pic of my project money pit.  Black '97 Firebird Formula.  LT1 with a 6 speed.  Lot's of little bolt on's and tricks.  Pretty from about 20' away and stupid fast. It eats clutches and there's always something to do to it, but it's a toy.

Since I don't have a pic of my car, I'll post one of my dad's cars to make up for it.  It's a little quicker.

5vSCWT.jpg

'67 Plymouth GTX.  440 bored .060 over and I think running 2 fours right now set up for nostalgia drags.  Runs in the mid tens.  He's also got a matching street car sitting in the garage next to it, turbine bronze on white, 440 Commando.  This is a dead ringer for it except the interior:

mBgI2u.jpg

Although I love the B bodies and almost had a '68 Roadrunner, my dream car is a '70 Buick GS Stage 1. Granny car looks and one of the top 10 fastest cars of the era.

4flpNE.jpg

So updates anyone??? New wants?

This was my baby that I built and drive for about 9 yrs or so. It's a 95 GTI VR6 that I modded a lot over the years. It has just about everything that could be done. I'm a die hard VW, Audi and Volvo guy. I wish I still had this car but it went to a good cause.

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Richie, Ultimate hatchback!!

@David, B-BODIEEEES rule.....

nothing says I like bikes more than parking one in the Living Room

Wish it was the ultimate hatch back, but the 7 speed DGT double clutch flappy paddle gearbox is naff :P misses hates it as she uses auto mode when she drives it and lets just say that driving up to a junction slowing down seeing its clear and putting foot down results in ermm a 1-2 seconds of nothing before it kicks and starts to move.  plus those 18s look tiny 

@Bill  I remember walking into a well-to-do guy's house to do a service call and he had a old Triumph Bonneville in his foyer, leaking oil onto the marble tile, and I thought that's my goal! LOL

@Noobs  I blame Bill.  

@rchiileea  Those are 18's???  They do look tiny!

I like the variety in this thread.  It's nice to see interest in all varieties of cars in people.  I'm so used to dealing with the Harley faithful, where if it isn't a HD or custom chopper based on HD, it doesn't exist in their world.  As for me, I want one of everything with tires and maybe even two of some of them. :D

So many of these posts make me sad. I love cars, but I don't have the savings yet to get my realistic dream car. I got a 2007 black jetta (yes I'm a lemming for now). Eventually gonna convert to the 2016 Mazda 6 5 speed manual or a Impreza WRX. But I'll just leave a picture of my two dream cars ($500,000 +). 

Alfa Romeo Disco Volante (which means Flying Saucer in Italian)

Festival_automobile_international_2013_-

And the Eagle Speedster - Jag E Type tribute car

2qrPJ.jpg

Woo... update time.

So, I sold the Miata and replaced it in December of 2013 with a 2014 Honda Accord Sport (6-MT, not the crappy CVT). It's kinda weird having a manual Accord, but it reminds me of my old E90 in some ways... I mean, it's a bigger car but it weighs a little less and puts down about the same power to the wheels. Obviously, it doesn't handle as well but it certainly isn't bad for a FWD car.

In other news, the lease on our 2012 Leaf is slated to end in December, so my wife and I have been investigating our options for replacement EVs. We've driven nearly every EV that's currently available in the US (except for the Rav4 EV... and we have an appointment with Tesla next month). Being the crazy people that we are, we decided to make a little sticker chart covering our thoughts on the best of the bunch (we've excluded EVs that got a hard "no" after trying them out, which is why cars like the Chevy Spark, Smart ForTwo Electric, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and Ford Focus Electric do not appear on the chart). Despite being the fugliest thing BMW has ever made, the i3 BEV is currently the top pick, but the 500e is so cheap to lease that it's hard to ignore (seriously, it would cost like $4600 (excluding tax) to lease for 3 years/30k miles out here).

The chart is still a work in progress.

Green = Good, Blue = Acceptable, Yellow = OK/Mediocre, Red = Poor 

BEV-Chart-tiny.jpg

Well, I drove an '06 Ford Focus ZX3 from 2006 to 2007 (drove a miserable '92 Dodge Dynasty before that), leased an '07 E90 BMW 328i from 2007 to 2009, had an '00 BMW E36/7 M Roadster for about two and a half years (picked it up while I had the E90), sold the M Roadster because my wife wasn't physically capable of driving it (legs are too short... plus the high parts & insurance cost really sucked), and am currently driving an '01 Mazda Miata. I am contemplating tracking down a decent first generation ('00-'06) Honda Insight to serve as a long trip car, though.

My wife, on the other hand, had an '89 Volvo 240DL for ages (great car that happened to be in really good condition... less than 50k original miles on it when we sold it earlier this year), picked up an '09 Wolfsburg Jetta turbo new in 2009 (currently for sale), and is currently driving a 2012 Nissan Leaf.

A few photos:

The M Roadster:
left34-topDown.jpg
rear34L-topDN.jpg

The Miata:
miataSide34-small.jpg

The Jetta:
jettaSno-small.jpg

Then there's this classic of me working on the M Roadster.... :rolleyes:/>
alexClutch.jpg

I have tons of car photos that I've taken (mostly at track days at WSIR and auto shows)...&&0){for(var>

:lol: My spine cries just looking at that pic.

The same operation in my land battleship can be done from a standing position, and the only time I need a jack is when a wheel comes off.

Does that chart say, 'sleep butt' near the middle?

:lol: My spine cries just looking at that pic.

The same operation in my land battleship can be done from a standing position, and the only time I need a jack is when a wheel comes off.

Does that chart say, 'sleep butt' near the middle?

No, it says "Swamp Butt" ... which is an important consideration when you live in such a hot climate.

My current vehicles.

'97 Jeep Wrangler - I've had this since 2006. It's my off-road fun toy.  :wub:  I don't have any more current picture because it's sitting in the garage on jacks waiting for new tires.

qvkHGscl.jpg

'13 Ram 1500 Crew - Got this at the beginning of last year. It's our family camping and road trip vehicle. Already tested it on a 25hr blast from Phoenix to Indianapolis.  :D

iae0rm2l.jpg?1

'15 Ram ProMaster City - My company daily beater... this is a step down from the full size Chevy Express 2500 I had until the motor let loose.

li07bOXl.jpg

I had a 97 Civic until some dickhead decided to ram the back of it doing 50 when I was at a dead stop.  It was my first car.

I now drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra.

My dream car?

Well.... Cars...

p103741_large%2B1932_little_deuce_coupe%

FbO9vSE.jpg

1970_Dodge_Challenger_TA_340_Six_Pak_001

This is my 2007 Dodge Magnum I picked up this past spring... She's quite dirty in the first two pics as the pollen down in Kentucky was pretty ridiculous. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Sold the Magnum last fall and I miss it dearly :-(

Had been driving a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the past year until it died a few weeks ago. So I went and found this...

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited

Fully loaded with pretty much every option available except remote start...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg