Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

57 posts in this topic

mnpctech_store_logo_2014.jpg

This is my build log for the Phanteks Luxe Case Mod Star Trek Tribute Gaming PC.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimo

I created a full view replacement window panel so Will can show off the hardware in his Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case. It's CNC machined from 3/8" thick 100% cast acrylic. You can PM me about ordering one if youre outside of the US, or order one through Mnpctech's online webstore, http://mnpctech.com/phanteks-case-mods/

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnp

Remove this Black factory case screw. You will replace it with the included Black Thumb screw included with the panel.

The bottom of the clear panel has groove that mounts over the lip of the Phanteks chassis.

The clear panel is mounted onto the chassis vertically, from the bottom first.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_pan

The clear panel includes this custom made lock washer. The raised portion of the washer must be positioned over the clear panel.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_pan

Use the included Black Thumb screw and lock washer to fasten in the clear panel.

More to come!

Next stage is cutting a window in to chassis and shroud. This will be for viewing the Enterprise Warp Drive HD Activity meter.

I used a Dremel with cutting wheel to make the first incision, then a Jigsaw with 18 TPI bi-metal cutting blade. The edges were filed before installing Black Edge trim u-channel on the chassis. I may place a Light Blue transparent window over the opening or leave it as is.

Black U-channel Rubber edge trim for finishing window or fan cut-outs, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/u-channel-pc-computer-window-rubber-trim-molding-cable-management/

*Once you start seeing photos of Toys, I've already warped outside of the neutral zone.

I mentioned starting another Star Trek theme project on Twitter and majority of responses suggested adding a Warp Drive. We already committed to using the Koolance RP-450X2 Dual 5.25in Reservoir, so a Warp Drive theme Reservoir didn't make sense. (I promise making one if I ever do a 3rd Star Trek theme PC) My 1st Trek build was for Comic-Con and David Gerrold, I partnered with Mike Okuda, who designed sets for the Next Generation series. The PC case was based on Spock's Tricorder. This Warp Drive from Playmates will serve as our Power and Hard Drive activity meter. I got this set for a song on Craiglist      

fyi: will be expanding into metric sizes later this year

petg_tube_tubing_hardline_pc_bend_waterc

PETG Liquid Tube Cutter, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/petg-and-pvc-ratchet-tube-cutter.html

primochill_thermlatke_xspc_monsoon_bitsp

Silicone Bending Cord for Acrylic or PETG, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-alphacool-ek-bitspower-hardwarelabs-heatkiller-liquid-cooling/silicon-bending-insert-for-3-8-id-rigid-acrylic-or-petg-tubing-1-2-od.html

petg_acrylic_rigid_silicone_bending_inse

Thank you Richie!

Koolance makes great quality liquid components at a great price. This is 2nd build this year that utilized all Koolance's latest blocks and components. Everything installed nicely. Last night I created Star Trek style badges for the rear 140mm exhaust and front bezel grill while binge watching the Walking Dead. I want a brushed steel look for both of these.

Epoxied acrylic onto back of badges, to raise them off surface just a tad

120_140_overkill_fan_ring_computer_grill

120mm version Overkill fan ring from Ronnie Hara's "Game of Thrones" build. I've made 140mm version of the rear exhaust fan ion this build, PC Cooling Fan Grills, 80mm, 120mm, 140mm, 200mm, 230mm

I love the way you do these metalfab custom grills, really makes me what to grab some of them and make some merc style ones, still inspiring bill keep it up.

Thank you Richie! btw fun talking cars on fb today, ie the hillclimb video

The Enterprise Warp Drive will serve as our HD activity meter. I've cut Darkside RGB light strip to fit inside. I've modified the drive's door with clear acrylic window to view PowerLED mounted inside.

Removed top of HD/SSD bay. The Warp Drive will be attached to this for easy installation or removal.

rgb_lights_darkside_bitfenix_cooler_mast

Darkside RGB light kits, http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/

Superbright 5mm LED mounted insode Warp Drive door for indicating Power On.

RGB light strip inside Warp Drive

More to come soon!

Thank you guys! Testing PMP 450/S Vario speed D5 pumps and Koolance RP-452X2 Dual Bay Res Rev 2.0. You can set this up for dual or single loops. I like using this set-up because it's very efficient and saves space inside a chassis this size.

Heres some examples I'm playing around with for paint and graphics. Spock's image may change. I want to mill a memorial plaque to place somewhere as well. Today I've been researching different ways to create illuminated LCARS screen that may go on this side or backside of chassis... Maybe as illuminated SSD cover.. 

Will loves his RAID array. 9x SSDs will require refining our mounting locations in the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, which shares same chassis Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Yesterday I modified the Phanteks factory 3.5" cage mounting base to a 2.5" cage with removable trays from a Supermicro S5 chassis. Using this cage will buy me 5 mounting locations (one on side) while clearing our Warp Core. After making all of the appropriate cuts, I scuffed the cage and base with Scotchbrite, applied SEM Self Etching White primer before applying Rustoleum Gloss White Enamel paint. Tentative plan for the remaining Five SSDs is to two mount two on backside of the Phanteks Luxe chassis and fabricate an illuminated shell for remaining three SSDs. This shell would have the LCARS display covers and be mounted behind the 5.25 bay with a window made in right access panel.

Steps in painting parts to match the White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Pro/Primo chassis.

1. Scotchbrite surface to promote adhesion for the paint. (Not necessary to remove factory paint)

2. Clear off surfaces with Tack Cloth

3. Apply SEM Self Etching White primer, allow cure for 30 minutes

4. Apply 5 coats in 5 min intervals of Rustoleum brand Gloss White Enamel paint from Home Depot

5. Allow Rustoelum paint to air dry cure for 24 hours before handling

6. (Optional) Apply Matte Clear coat finish to paint.

Prepped surface of the Supermicro PC 2.5" Drive cage for custom White paint with Red Scotchbrite, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/3m-scotchbrite-pads-sanding-buff-scuff-scotch/3m-scotchbrite-pads-en.html

3m_red_scotchbrite_pad_37447_07447_mnpct

Welcome aboard the Munky Enterprise!

I'll be trying out Prolimatech's "Ultra Sleek Vortex 12" 120 & 140mm fans. I'll do push/pull fan config on the front with low fin density 240 radiator. I'm still debating what I'll use for the top radiator. I've used their 120mm & 140mm Red Vortex fans in past builds and was pleased with their performance.

Factory page with details specs on the 120/140s, http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/index.asp?itemid=11

Dimension: 120 x 120 x 15mm

Bearing Double Ball Bearing

Net Weight: 91g

Fan Speed: PWM 400 ~ 1300 RPM

Noise Level: 7~17 dBA

Airflow: 56 CFM

Connector: 4 PIN PWM

Rated Voltage: 12 V

Rated Current: 0.12 Max. Amp

Input Power: 1.44 W

Input Current: 0.12 Max. Amp

MTBF: 100,000 h / 35℃ or 60,000 h / 60℃

Static Pressure: 0.9 mmH2O

120mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 12

140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 14

Hi Bill, my account is finally active yay!

I have questions about the front panel of the Luxe. How do I cut the plastic cage that sits behind the mesh off? I saw it removed in one of your photos. What tools do you recommend?

I have mesh from another case that I'll be using to replace the one that comes with the Luxe. What tool do you recommend to cut it? 

Because I am only modding my own case what is a good alternative to the Scotchweld DP190? Can Gorrilla glue be used?

I have an idea of what tools to use but want to do it the right way and give it the cleanest look so looking forward to seeing what you recommend. 

Thanks,

James

ABS? If so, it can be treated like model tree plastic. Wire cutters, hack saw blade,toenail clippers, and it can even be whittled smooth with a razor blade.

I've had Gorilla Glue crack on me and always use DP-190 for the best adhesion possible. You can use whatever product fits your budget. I always try and use the very best products for my commissioned builds.

I used a Dremel with a Cutting Wheel, then hand filed and sanded the edges down...

For cutting  Mesh, I like using WISS brand Straight cut Aviation snips

.You can get them at most Home Improvement or Hardware Stores

c65ecfcc-c4f1-4c8b-ba00-2f988c31d5e5_400