Hello Munky,

If you have been having any issue registering, or logging in please email kyle@themodzoo.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Welcome to The Mod Zoo

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kylevdm

A Big Zoo Upgrade - We're Getting Some New Exhibits!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which skin would you prefer?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4
  2. 2. Would you like image hosting?

• Yes - I might even pay for it.
    • Yes - Only if its free.
    • Maybe
    • No. Ew.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello to all you fellow munky's and munky lovers!

As many of you know The Mod Zoo has been expanding month after month, with around 30k people visiting a month at the moment. With that we want to to make this community bigger and better! That said I promise not to break it! That much. For very long.

The first upgrade will be to the forum software, we will be upgrading to the newest generation, which has been out for several months now but I did not want it to be buggy for any of you. With a new software comes a new skin and for this I want your opinion. Below you can see 4 of the skins myself and the staff have shortlisted for the forum and we want to know which one you would prefer. Each will obviously be customised for The Mod Zoo but they will look roughly like the images below.

post-1-0-28815700-1441058079_thumb.png

Option 1

post-1-0-37632600-1441058090_thumb.png

Option 2

post-1-0-76686000-1441058101_thumb.png

Option 3

post-1-0-66631100-1441058111_thumb.png

Option 4

Next on the list is a new animal! We want to offer every member of The Mod Zoo image hosting, this will allow you to easily place your images in a location that is safe and dedicated to the cause. We are looking at providing this as a free service as well!

To make this all possible and to get you all some cool new gear, The Mod Zoo: Gift Shop will be added during all this, it will be a place for you to order t-shirts, posters, stickers, mugs, other stuff...

All of this will be rolling out over the course of the next few months, so stay tuned and let us know what you all think. As always thank you all for visiting and keep playing with your feces. Actually I will advise against that, it's unsanitary, just stick to modding!

-Kylevdm

Oh, breakage update time! wohoo.gif

I don't really need image hosting personally since I already have that on my own server,

and I'd still need to keep that because I need it for other forums too, but I think it'd

be cool if you offered it for those who need it.

All users of image hosting will be free to post those images wherever they like and we will supply the bandwidth, storage, redundancy and backups.

The images will be stored in exactly the same way as all our images, on multiple servers in NY, USA :)

Oh, I like that! I'll probably still keep my server since I also have the

website on it, but that's very neat. :)

Looking forward to you not breaking that much for not very long then. :D

EDIT: Side note: I didn't mean to imply that I'd distrust your image hosting

service btw., in case it came across like that. I just need my server anyway is

all I was getting at. Just to avoid monkey-related confusion.  :D

Agreed, alpenwasser, I've always hosted my own images on my webserver(s), and will continue to do so. This is a way to help those out who don't have the access or means to a web server or reliable image hosting service. No more "This user has exceeded their bandwidth", or trying to explain how to get imgur links, or photobucket links etc to work, hopefully :-)

It's an awesome idea as long as everyone plays by the rules.  I'm lucky enough to be able to afford hosting, but a lot of people may not be able to, or don't want to drop a bunch of money for hosting for just a build or two.  Plus the backup is nice.  Super cool of you guys! *thumbs up*  

Just an idea Kyle, but maybe you could do some sort of donation or tiered plan for the hosting.  I don't mind paying for hosting, maybe some others feel the same.  And it would bug me eating the Zoo's space and bandwidth for nothing knowing that I could afford to pay for it and would be paying for it anywhere else.

Agreed, alpenwasser, I've always hosted my own images on my webserver(s), and will continue to do so. This is a way to help those out who don't have the access or means to a web server or reliable image hosting service. No more "This user has exceeded their bandwidth", or trying to explain how to get imgur links, or photobucket links etc to work, hopefully :-)

It's an awesome idea as long as everyone plays by the rules.  I'm lucky enough to be able to afford hosting, but a lot of people may not be able to, or don't want to drop a bunch of money for hosting for just a build or two.  Plus the backup is nice.  Super cool of you guys! *thumbs up*

Yeah, totally. I might not need it (for the time being), but I think it's an

awesome idea, most definitely! :)

Keep in mind the site's permanence hinges on a person who thinks stairs are navigated, "right foot, left foot, forehead." ;)

Is that because he says aluminum different and uses the letter "u" in places it has no meaning?  I think image hosting is a good idea.  Couldn't we get a background of Cheaps flinging poo though?

So the first upgrade has been performed! We are now running an all new skin. The "home" page will be following suit shortly and it will all look (almost) the same!