SiliconFanatic

Difficulties in finding a block

Hello to all. I'm relatively new here but not in the slightest alien to the concept and execution of watercooling. That said, I have a question to ask, any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I have two EVGA GTX 970 SSC's in SLI (Both of the ACX 2.0+ version). If I'd picked my card freely I would have gone with one that had more readily available water blocks. But I didn't and thus I am stuck with two cards that I'm not rightly sure anyone makes waterblocks for.

I've done some research but so far it's pulled up negative. When I start my scratch build in the future I would very much like to put whatever I can on water. So I ask you; does ANYONE make suitable blocks for my cards? And if not, is there any way I can go about putting them on water? Such as, say, altering a block made for another card? A full cover block is greatly preferable if at all possible, I'd rather not use zip-ties and ghetto rig it lol.

If I can get this issue resolved it would greatly assist in my plans for said future build

I'm not sure they offer one for that particular card. At least according to their configurator anyway. I'm not sure what's exactly involved with getting one made, but I think at one point I read something about sending them a card and they'd scan it and you'd get a free block out of the deal (and presumably they send the card back) lol

I'm not sure they offer one for that particular card. At least according to their configurator anyway. I'm not sure what's exactly involved with getting one made, but I think at one point I read something about sending them a card and they'd scan it and you'd get a free block out of the deal (and presumably they send the card back) lol

Pretty sure I heard about this. Are you sure Alphacool is the only one? I think EK also offered something of the sort.

http://www.alphacool.com/download/compatibility%20list%20Nvidia.pdf

That's their full compatability list, and I don't see that product number in there... but there's always the option to see if they'd make on if you sent one in, from the link I posted before.

Otherwise, I don't know of any other blocks off-hand that work for that specific card

That's the issue I always have with EVGA cards, it seems like they like to make a lot of different designs lol

There's always the option of sell the ones you have and buy different ones, but that's usually a money losing endeavor  :wacko:

That's the issue I always have with EVGA cards, it seems like they like to make a lot of different designs lol

There's always the option of sell the ones you have and buy different ones, but that's usually a money losing endeavor  :wacko:

Sadly so. I could return one of them, which I brought with my own money. The other however I'd have to sell.

At the very least it could greatly reduce the financial blow.

Thanks for the help. I now know my options. If anyone should have some pointers they're more than welcome.

Not sure what all exactly you're needing to cool, and I know you wanted an full cover block, bus as one is evidently available I thought I'd throw out the Heatkiller GPU-X Core LT as an option.

It's a universal GPU-only block, but has parallel ports in the block itself to connect a separate VRM cooling block.  They have a couple of different sizes of those available, and the plate is made such that if it's too large for your VRMs it can be cut to fit by the user. 

Just a consideration.  Not a full-cover block, but really not a zip-tie ghetto solution either, and you can transfer it to the next card you you upgrade to if you want.