Sign in to follow this  
gigichan000

New Mac Pro Case for PC, is this real?

A new Kickstarter project, the "Dune Case," is offering up a PC case that looks awfully familiar, closely mimicking the well-known cylindrical design of Apple's Mac Pro. it looks really cool but is it real? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dunecase/dune-case

I guess the color is very personal.  I like the black one.  I heard lots of people saying they are the copy, clone etc in other forums.  But I m a PC user, and I do find the design quite unique from other cases in the market.  

Yeah... did you see the pic with all the ports under the fan?  The PSU they never show is shitting heat through all that too.

Also: Stock fans in a metal ashtray. Ask me if that's loud, 'cause I've got that right here, and it is very loud.

It's a flawed attempt to copy a flawed product. (and I'll catch hell from Kyle for saying that.:lol:)

Well, their Kickstarter has 11 hours to go and they're still ~$55K short on their goal.  I suspect they may not make it.

From a design perspective, I think their version definitely has some flaws.  Unlike the original from which they copied the basic form from (and the original, from a thermal dynamic perspective, works very well IMHO), they haven't created a real "thermal chamber".  Given the limited space they're using a stock Intel cooler on the CPU in their demo (it's in their FAQ that this is what they tested), and I'm betting that it's going to be loud when it's working.  

Probably some things that can be done after the fact to make things better.  If they get funded, I'll find out :-D