Hi my name is Mickee from the Philippines, just wanted to share my current project I hope you like it :)

For the materials I will be mainly using 3mm thick plexiglass and some spray cans.

PC Hardware:
Chassis: Tecware Alpha
System Fans: ID Cooling Fan NO12025
Watercooling: Thermaltake Pacific Watercooling components
CPU: Core i5 6600K
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon
GPU: GEFORCE® GTX 950 2GD5T OC
PSU: Bitfenix Fury 550G
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue
SSD: TBA
RAM: TBA

Here goes nothing!

Here is the base case
120mjdk.jpg

Disassembly
29zehyf.jpg

To come up with a new look for the front panel, I removed the wire mesh and the honeycombed grill beneath it then made some acrylic panels using a motosaw.
f0rlhg.jpg

Painted the case matte black as well as the new front panel.
s3pkpk.jpg

Side panels from white to silver.
1447o2c.jpg

Since the case has a built in PSU shroud I decided not to change it and just add a few details.
2s7g93p.jpg

Painted
if4g8x.jpg

2i8elvr.jpg

25jf9fa.jpg

I do not have a solid plan for this build to be honest that's why the design in my mind keeps on changing. (Yes this is not good a practice) I ditched the original sidepanels and created new ones using plexiglass.
x4nij9.jpg

Painted.
2hpq0ww.jpg

I will use these sliders to mount the new panel on the backside of the case.
316sxhu.jpg

Here it is mounted, Im quite happy with how it turned out and everything can still be easily accessed from the back of the case if needed be.
14cr9fs.jpg

201swk.jpg

I have also started to apply the weathering details using spray cans, dry towels, sand paper and a paint brush.
2exqwl3.jpg

2qvzdc9.jpg

2w2eedt.jpg

vzk4k9.jpg

2hf8dbq.jpg

Gave the front I/O ports a little tilt.
hx12lh.jpg

More acrylic for the side panel (front side) air vent style.
rvdqom.jpg

13yjpcj.jpg

Additional details for the new sidepanel.
2dltd8o.jpg

Glued together, painted and weathered.
208u3kl.jpg

Those are all for now, I will be back to introduce and install the PC Components that we will use for this mod or If additional ideas pop up then I will be screwed :duh: but so far I really am enjoying this and that is the most important part.

Thanks,

18 minutes ago, Mosquito said:

This is already looking good!  I like the idea of the sliding side panel

Thank you very much glad you liked it Mos, hopefully I'll have more updates next week as this will be a heavy weekend for me :) 

Often when I see a finished build that looks like it could be straight from the manufacturer I forget that a ton of work was done to get it to that point and it didn't always look that prestine. Seeing the entire process is kind of inspirational for lack of a less cheesy word. 

How's that Dremel saw working out? I wanted to pick up a scroll saw, but wouldn't use it enough to warrant spending a ton and the Dremel is pretty affordable. 

2 hours ago, doesntevenMATer said:

How's that Dremel saw working out? I wanted to pick up a scroll saw, but wouldn't use it enough to warrant spending a ton and the Dremel is pretty affordable. 

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but have you checked used listings?  We've usually got a decent number of cheap ($20-$50) scroll saws on Craigslist around me

Good idea...I'm sort of iffy on the used power tools idea, but I can probably find a few old timers around that took care of their equipment. 

Cheers!

Used gear is like anything else. It can be a smoking deal or a bad deal. I can usually tell how well someone takes care of their tools within the first five minutes of meeting someone. I bought an older Dremel brand scroll saw used about 5 yrs ago and it's been running like a top ever since. I'm a bit of an acrylic whore too so it gets almost daily use. Hopefully you'll meet one of the people who cares for their tools. Best of luck.

Check out our current scratch build for Cooler Master's Case Mod World Series: http://mod.coolermaster.com/en-us/modder/19?filter=viewed

On 6/11/2016 at 0:34 AM, Cheapskate said:

Neat! From 'box' to 'laser shooting death machine' in one post. :D

Sorry about that Cheapskate i'll be a better poster next time I promise :)

On 6/11/2016 at 4:56 AM, doesntevenMATer said:

Often when I see a finished build that looks like it could be straight from the manufacturer I forget that a ton of work was done to get it to that point and it didn't always look that prestine. Seeing the entire process is kind of inspirational for lack of a less cheesy word. 

Thank you :) the motosaw for me is the most affordable and easiest route to create details with plexiglass. But in the future I really would like to buy something that could cut an aluminum sheet.

Hi I am back with a few updates I just want to introduce the motherboard, processor and graphics card that we will use for this project :)

x28bhi.jpg

Intel Core i5 6600K
dwqvrq.jpg

MSI Geforce GTX 950 OC Armor 2X - Black and white themed cooler yes!

2vxndwg.jpg

14tubuc.jpg

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, I like the accentuated Carbon Fiber finish on the heat sinks :)

2pp0f0i.jpg

9api5e.jpg

2py9gdi.jpg

2wqg3ms.jpg

1dyzr.jpg

fdbnfn.jpg

fu9jxs.jpg

I will be back with creating a backplate for the GPU and the rear I/O Panel of the motherboard.

Thanks again! see ya around :)

7 hours ago, Kazuma said:

The beard though! LOL! How did the pump situation went? Did it fit?!

It's good now I used a D5 pump and the cylindrical reservoir from the PR11 it really looks small and I do not know if that will cost me any issues.

Update time 

I added more details to the side panel on the back end.

MSI Gaming Dragon and MadMods PC Modding Decal.

2edmgzo.jpg

16jmohy.jpg

15evgv5.jpg

v5hnol.jpg

4rb4g5.jpg

fkyzhi.jpg

I felt that the space next to the dragon was a bit empty.

So again I grabbed the rattle can, tissue, paint brush and sand paper :)

5o5xzp.jpg

206o1ds.jpg

25h1dw4.jpg

Closer look at the MSI Gaming Dragon Logo

fkyzhi.jpg

Oh this shot doesn't have the additional scratches next to the dragon..

znvq77.jpg

Those are all for now Thanks :)

3 minutes ago, bigalf said:

I have been wanting to add sliders to a case for so long, not really sure why i haven't yet... Maybe now its time too! Looks really good!

Go for it bro! and show us what you come up with :)

Just now, Rigor Mortiz said:

Go for it bro! and show us what you come up with :)

I have been planning a "from scratch" build. might have to be my first post for it. I want something that looks completely mental. I just need to figure out correct cooling on it all.

18 minutes ago, bigalf said:

I have been planning a "from scratch" build. might have to be my first post for it. I want something that looks completely mental. I just need to figure out correct cooling on it all.

The planning stage has always been hard for me :P because I do not know how to use any software that could possible help me. So I sit for hours maybe, staring at the case and wondering what to do with it lol bad practice coming from me. But then again making a solid plan finishes half the work so good luck and have fun bro!

Update time :D just a few though and there is one week left before deadline...

This is the front I/O ports, it is normally lays flat on top of the case.

hx12lh.jpg

It is cable management time, sorry for the poor quality picture.

177clh.jpg

Ta daaa

2ln8r61.jpg

But wait I want to give it a little old school sci-fi , robotic roughed up machine effect  :D

17tw7b.jpg

20j2wso.jpg

Sprayed it with Medium Grey, the orange parts between the gaps are still visible so I need to use a small brush for that.

wrjssp.jpg

Of course weather it :D

34pf2qg.jpg

And those are all for now, the next update will be massive :)

Cheers!

First off i'd like to share this short clip on how I made the GPU back plate and MSI Gaming Dragon logo on the custom side panel.

We also received some gears from  TteSPORTS, thanks!

POSEIDON Z RGB (BLUE SWITCH EDITION)
VENTUS X Gaming Mouse
DASHER XXL Size Extended Gaming Mouse Pad
CRONOS AD Gaming Headset
HYPERION Gaming Headset Cradle

262pl5c.jpg

20feo86.jpg

15ebc4g.jpg

19qn3c.jpg

2licze8.jpg