First post on the mod zoo forum, Greg made me do it. I am working on building my Case labels SMA8 case with a 4770k chip in a Maximus IV Extreme motherboard. Running 16GB of vengeance memory and a single R9 290x GPU. All powered by a corsair 750 PSU. Let me know what you think of the build. Will post updates along the way. 

Building the computer to do CAD work as well as I would like to build an Oculis simulator for racing.  Greg thinks 2x 980ti's will do the trick but we shall see. 

Will post pictures tomorrow. 

IMG_4185.JPG

Bill it is so nice to finally meet you, I have followed a couple of your builds without knowing you were building so close to me. Keep up the builds. 

Dumpstertech, it was nice meeting you last week. Still working on my home network solution, so far I'm going to do a modem, 7 port switch, wifi Router and maybe 2 access points to get the full coverage. Server integration will happen but we will see how the money comes. 

I am super excited for the build, I have been back and fourth on where to go next and I think that I am going to spend it networking the house as well as picking up some smaller pieces for the watercooling loop.

So far I have picked up an Alphacool Monsta 420mm Radiator to mount up front. I am going to build up the CPU loop then once 980 ti's drop in price pick up a couple of those and add them on there own loop to fill some of the space in the case. Let me know if anyone has any water cooling components they would like to part with. This will be my first water-cooled build and want to start with soft tubing to make sure I have everything down before going to the hard stuff...

Don't feel too hesitant about hard tubing.  My very first water cooled build was on hard tubing and it went very smoothly.  Essentially you're doing all the same stuff just fitting that tubing at the end.

I would however lean towards soft tubing for tight spaces.  I had a couple of tight spaces on my latest build that tested my patience like a single mom in the cereal aisle at a grocery store.

Sorry for not updating in awhile. I'm in the process of moving so things are pretty crazy. Needless to say. I picked up a 420 Alphacool monsta rad for the front of the case. Starting to piece together what I want the water-cooling loop to look like. Going to run my CPU off the front triple rad for starters. 

I decided that I am going to sell my triple monitor setup and go with the Oculus setup. I did the Steam test and It said that mine was excellent but i want to give it a shot before i drop the $600.

Does anyone have a set that I could try out and see what it is like????