Airleagach

painting a rosewill red led fan white

i bought these fans thinking that my rig would be a blood red but it turned out to be a very pretty dark plum colored, alltogether unexpected but one i can live with but i was left with these 6 fans i bought not matching the case at all, i want them to be a bright white, my question is if i paint these fans white will the red leds show thru?

thanks bunches!

airle

First: Ow. Remember when you could get re-branded YateLoons for $3?

Sorry. I assume you will pull the LEDs out of their holes and mask them. White will block light pretty well, but you will still have a light effect from the leds hitting the blades.

35 minutes ago, Cheapskate said:

First: Ow. Remember when you could get re-branded YateLoons for $3?

Sorry. I assume you will pull the LEDs out of their holes and mask them. White will block light pretty well, but you will still have a light effect from the leds hitting the blades.

lol, i'm beginning to learn i'm like a wee newborn when it comes to modding. i never even KNEW you could pull them out n mask them!

i may only be like not even born yet (into the modding world) still in the 3rd trimester i think..

many youtube video's are in my foreseeable future....

Do you want the red LED's to show through?  I second Cheapskate, by the time you primer and paint them white to cover, you probably won't get any bleed through, but you'll still get the beam on the blades.  If you don't want that, you can just cut the wires and pull them.  You could also swap them out if you want to do a little soldering.  Swap them to white or purple or something.  It's a bit of a pain, especially with 6 fans but very doable.