ok, i prolly have the stupidest question ever but the more i look and think i've found what i'm looking for the more confused i get. i bought these fans here and i noticed AFTER the fact that they are 4 pin molex but the connectors on my motherboard are all 4 pin and i'm so confused as to what cables i need to convert them from 4 pin molex to 4 pin mobo ones.

any help is truly appreciated!!

Airle

i bought these on the 6th off ebay but they won't work because the 3 pins are male. i didn't look at my motherboard cause i automatically assumed they were 3 pin. see how stupid i am? these are so wrong, ughhh

It might be easier to either a.) Buy new fans, or b.) rewire the fans you have with new ends.  I'm not sure if you would be comfortable with trying to put a new connector on the fan, though.  

I'm not sure if what you're looking for exists, going from motherboard header to Molex to power those fans.  If it does, I haven't come across any yet.

15 hours ago, Mosquito said:

It might be easier to either a.) Buy new fans, or b.) rewire the fans you have with new ends.  I'm not sure if you would be comfortable with trying to put a new connector on the fan, though.  

I'm not sure if what you're looking for exists, going from motherboard header to Molex to power those fans.  If it does, I haven't come across any yet.

tysm for your answer, i'm glad i'm not going crazy!

got my fans in the mail today and i guess they weren't what was pictured but rather each had a molex  and 3 pin. i was soooooooooo relieved.

i know they're still not what i need exactly but they at least attach to my mobo or a fan controller if i go that route......

thank you guys for all your help!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chatbox
    The ModZoo keeps getting blackout drunk and losing months of time. Apologies. -Also, anyone know where to get rid of a dead hooker?
    You don't have permission to chat.