Sign in to follow this  
Jakweeze

Baltimore Area

Is there any one in the Baltimore area that's familiar in wild ways of water cooling skills?

I had sent out a machine at the start of this year to a friend of mine and when he filled it he contaminated it sadly and it's now semi mucky and needs to be torn down and cleaned and refilled! Even though he's a vascular surgeon he's terrified by anything electronic with fear of killing it for good.  Wonder if there's any one around that could help him out, he lives in a good neighborhood and would be able to travel to you as well as I'm sure he'll tip well :D Let me know who's around! Thanks a million!

(also we may toss in a new reservoir as the current one is too difficult for him to manage)

Sure! When he was filling it with sterile water, like a surgeon does, he put the fill tube up to his mouth to blow some of the water through as the water had an airlocked bubble in it any he was trying to get it out T_T

I saw this happen through facetime and kind of gave him a cringe but didn't expect the buildup to happen as quickly as it did, it was about 6 months till the system was moved and then wherever the build up was located dislodged and then relodged in the CPU cooler as far as I can tell, there's also sediment in one of the GPU blocks. I'm thinking a CPU and GPU dismantle with a flush of the radiators should do it. 

It's either that or coating from a block or radiator delaminated but I find this to be unlikely as all blocks and rads are copper or copper - chrome plated.

He's probably not broke, so suggest he invest in a vacuum pump, some paper towels, and a lot of ear pugs.

The vac should remove a lot if not all of the water, healthy use of paper towels during dismantling should cover the rest. Ear plugs go in barb holes to seal them as you dismantle the rig. 

Next step would be to dismantle and clean everything, or ship it to you to clean it.