Seananigans

Project 47 (T-47) COMPLETED

OKAY, the dust has settled and the storm of chaotic shrapnel and acrylic is finally over. 

Here is the rest of the work log. I hope you all enjoy!

PSU COVER

So, The one thing that I really like is the PSU cover. It provides protection and looks really nice. So I'm making one...

24w80vl.jpg

It took a bit to cut it out with a jig saw but it was worth the patients. 

2pqvqs6.jpg

Next I measures where I needed to bend it (I kept in mind, my PSU is a little taller than the one I'm using as a mock-up) Then clamped it down to two boards and gave it the heat!

30vgqa0.jpg   vy77m0.jpg2hnx9cp.jpg

After I bent the acrylic, I needed to cut some vent holes, then decided I wanted to put some words on it to identify the ship and the rebel alliance. I used Vinyl to make the stencils.

2ur0428.jpg34q1qus.jpg

Then paint was applied to the back for my secondary color, then  I applied my primary color to the front and removed the stencils when the paint dried.

5pnb60.jpg211nmus.jpg

And it was done.

6h7sso.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Motherboard/Rear I/O

I next started on the motherboard tray and the rear I/O. This was the most complicated and precise thing I had to do for this mod. It took a long time and most of my time.

I pulled my motherboard out of my build and used it as the template since it is the mobo that will be going in this. Then I cut it out and cut out the hole for the back plate if I ever needed one.

23t4ajp.jpgmtp9vn.jpg2em3dj4.jpg

Next I used scrap metal from the window I cut out and used it to measure (with motherboard in) where the I/O plate should sit. This took a lot of time to get right and I could only cut it once, so I had to make sure I was correct.

2i11tft.jpg4nzft.jpg589ky.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Priming parts:

Next, everything was to be primed

dyorqv.jpg20jmzuw.jpgk2h7pz.jpg

And then we assemble the rear with Pop Rivets that I purchased from Mnpctech! (link below)

https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/pop-rivets-for-pc-chassis-cases-copper-black-silver-countersink/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Window Now needs to be painted and weathered. 

I used acrylic and watercolor paint. The reason I used watercolor is because it drys fast and rubs off really neat like. But it will stay forever when clear coated.

I used: Yellow OCHRE, Burnt SENNA, and Burnt Umber. These colors are what you normally find in heavy fresh rust in wet/humid climates. 

30t0xfp.jpg

See that sponge brush? ^^^^^^^^^ Yea, it works for about 5 minutes and then becomes gunked up and you have to go clean it... so maybe use a rag or something else with texture.

ANY WAY. I masked off my orange stripe, then started the weathering process. which included embedding salt into the fresh paint. and a bit of cinnamon. yummmmmm...

1zb3nso.jpg20zo2l2.jpgk53itf.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE TOP:

I marked out three 140mm fan holes at the top, then I used a jigsaw to cut them out. After that I sanded and filed the edges to make sure it wasnt sharp. 

Then I started the weathering and painting. 

10z3dch.jpg2hp3qti.jpg2179u9.jpg28jgl8p.jpg

Along came the fan grill cover! Cut from acrylic and you cant tell what is a mistake and what is intentional! LOVE IT!

303jxab.jpgdzgh1c.jpg

316109i.jpg

When Painting I based it with primer and then finished with flat white. When I started the detail paint, I used mythril silver and carbon black for a wash.

so68fp.jpg1zw58h.jpgmizcz5.jpg2n0kl60.jpgsq4cqf.jpg

Then I used 400g sand paper and 50g sand paper to give it some character.

ae6rtw.jpg2unwpdl.jpg5pmsy0.jpg

Then we add the rest of the puzzle...aaaaaand. 

oihgtx.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Assembly:

Now that I only have some small things to make, such as an SSD cover. I can now start slapping this baby together!

2qv8e2c.jpg2aiokg1.jpgosdhqh.jpg343oj1d.jpg2uo493r.jpg2ilotop.jpg29fy3b4.jpg5ckkk4.jpg

1z70zmg.jpg260fpxv.jpg

So when I wanted to keep all the watercooling on one side then all of the cables and drives on the opposite. I was left with a choice... so I drilled a few holes in the PSU cover (yes i know i have to take all the piping out to change the psu out but I'm okay with that.)

2djxlhh.jpg2llenu9.jpgjv0odk.jpg

SPEAKING OF PIPING!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WATERCOOLING TIME:

Now, this hole time I've used almost everything that I already had aside from the acrylic and the fans (Scythe and CoolerMaster). So I already had a Swiftech H240X2 and a few Primochill revolver fittings. So i thought "HEY WHY NOT COPPER HARD LINE THE H240X2!?". Yes, it scared me that the thought even crossed my mind. No I didn't think it would work out... YES, it worked out just fine, and the one (or three) leaks I had were small and were fine tuned with gentle and romantic love between the fitting and a leathermen.

So here is the process I took. Thanks to Envious Mods for inspiring me to make the most ghetto jig ever! The pipes bent very well! oh and I added some snow and Ice inside of the computer... on the components. 

9ro8jk.jpgj08whf.jpg2mlcnq.jpgslis91.jpg

2luc41h.jpg2qks16o.jpg2zyfy4n.jpg

For a cheap little AIO it doesn't do half bad... and it looks pretty interesting with he copper. I am using Mayhems X1 UV Blue Dye. I didn't want the color too deep so I only used a bit of the dye. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FRONT WINDOW/Fan Controller:

Okay now We are slapping this front window together and we will be just about done. A few things i forgot to mention were that I did wire the Led's up. I have diodes behind the SSD Cover and White strips behind the PSU cover so that the Rebel alliance Logo will illuminate.

j0ftzl.jpg6zbyvs.jpg547itu.jpg2ljht94.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And we are completed!

I want to thank everyone that has answered all my annoying non stop questions. I am very grateful to be apart of this beautiful and peaceful community! MOD ON!

349cpr4.jpg   1zmcu55.jpg   4ey9w.jpg   2qvxgnt.jpg  

b3q438.jpg

Thanks man! It was super fun to do the weathering, I think that was one of my favorite parts to do. You should build one if you haven't, its definitely an experience lol ! 

Great work man. I'm glad I could inspire you to build the tools you needed to solve your issue. There's almost nothing that can't be solved with a lot of creativity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk