Porknz

What to include in a loop to create a way to drain the system?

Another question I have as a first time water cooler (and maybe this is factored into my L360 or the directions at least when it gets here) is where/how to include something in the loop to allow me to drain the system when I need to replace the fluid or a fix a leak etc.

Thanks.

yep that valve ^^ and a male-male fitting on one side, and an end cap.

Placement should always be the lowest point in your loop.  

the EK DCP 2.2 X-Res and Pump kit that comes in the L360 has multiple ports that would easily be adapted to a drain.   So long as you mount the pump to the floor/base of your chassis.

Drain port is the number one forgotten addon for new builders.

That looks awesome.  Do the instructions that come with a kit like the L360 include putting in a drain like this?

Maybe a better question Bungwirez, if I just roll with the L360 the way it is for now like we talked about in my other post, is this not necessary because it's a closed loop that I don't drain until a time at which I take it all out and replace the black tubing with petg and then I'd custom in a drain like this?

Thanks guys.

I doubt it will have anything about a drain with it or in the instructions.  You can roll without a drain, you've just got to be really creative.  I at least put something in to let me dump the res, which is usually pretty easy since most have extra ports and that's most of your fluid.

15 hours ago, Axlrose said:

Maybe a better question Bungwirez, if I just roll with the L360 the way it is for now like we talked about in my other post, is this not necessary because it's a closed loop that I don't drain until a time at which I take it all out and replace the black tubing with petg and then I'd custom in a drain like this?

That would be accurate.  I wouldn't bother touching the L360 until you're ready to expand it.  Let it run as is until then.  No need to drain it now just to make it easier to drain later.  

Damn.  It's been three years and I'm on here still looking for this old post as I get ready to drain and flush the loop again, still without a drain port.  Still fans of this particular valve?  Anything you are now bigger fans of?  Still rolling with my EKWB L360.

Thanks.